1. Do you love cycling and/or running?
    Join the RaceDepartment community on Strava here.

PC Version: TT Isle of Man - The Game

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Pepper606, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all,
    I can't see a thread....so!
    To kick things off I'll give you my views:

I bought TT this morning (11.5 hours ago) and have done the demo/intro.
    That's it.

I cannot get ANY device to work.
    I've just checked Steam and it's a common complaint with lots of shouts for an immediate patch.
    Some people are reporting zero problems though, so it's up to you!
    My rating at THIS moment is 1/10. I am trying so very hard to not lose it and just calmly wait for a patch as there has been no announcement or any message so far....

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,472

3. kingdomblues

kingdomblues

Ratings:
    +27
    zero problem for me

and a very very good game ! :)
    more words later

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Loving it so far. Just managed my first full 8km lap of wales without binning it, no assists but still using the racing line until I get used to things (I actually don't think it helps you learn circuits). Graphics and sense of speed are quality, feedback through Xbox one pad is really nice as well, the road surface is especially well implemented. Running through the trees at 170mph with the sun flickering is genuinely thrilling.

As for the performance on my PC 1080Ti & i7 8700K 144hz monitor all gfx settings on max, it runs great up to about 100fps. It tops out at 144 but it will suddenly tank by 40fps which ain't too much fun when going around the TT circuit. I have now locked the fps to 83 and it is buttery smooth.

Loving it so far!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +14
    Gah!
    I gave up and requested a refund. I am really disappointed.
    If I see a patch and some positive reviews I'll buy it again.
    0/10 from me :cry:

6. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,104
    What exactly is it you can't get to work?

7. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker.

Ratings:
    +3,413
    For the sake of this PC steam version I have copied and pasted this here and so far not one single problem or glitch with this wonderful game. What a refreshing change.:thumbsup:

Well this TT sim has lived up to my expectation. I really really love it.
    This is how I have started:
    TT Full circuit only.
    Hickmans Triumph Supersport 600
    Fork view only (at the moment)
    no race guiding lines (I have never used them in any sim and never will)
    no corner markings (same as above)
    medium difficulty (Sets the AI pace )
    low aids abs, traction, anti wheelie just like on the real bikes. (And my own track bike)
    Combined brakes for now. (This is a game and not remotely like riding a real bike and I want to enjoy it)
    Auto gears for now (As above I'm all fingers and thumbs)
    Steering sensitivity lowered to 55%, nothing else changed.
    Graphics at 2560x1080 Ultrawide on my 34" screen set to absolute maximum and the game is as smooth as my bum with sun tan oil on it. :);)

Done two laps following Bruce Ansty's Honda Supersport 600 with AI on medium. Able to keep up with him. I will learn the turn in points by doing that just like you would at the Manx GP in real life. Only crashed 3 times, once at Ballacraine, once at Ramsey Hairpin and once at Brandywell. The feeling of traction is brilliant and I actually think the Milestone physics are not suited to this track like these.
    The sense of speed coming up to Ramsey through school house corner is fantastic. And the mountain section is absolutely spot on. I was actually scared doing it.:confused: Reminded me of last years Mad Sunday on my Gixxer.

And it's working. I love it. And the GPX Thrustmaster controller feels alive with heavy vibration over the various road surfaces. And the track is done so well. I have waited since 1991 for a PC TT simulation. And it's great. Over the next few weeks I will continue to do as I am doing until I remember the whole track and my own braking markers. I am determined to do only clean laps using forks view with out a single off.
    Very happy so far. Don't actually care about multiplayer modes nor the fantasy tracks.
    Well done Kylotonn. :thumbsup:
    ps, where are the Supertwins? These would be the starting point for newcomers. Perhaps in a DLC?
    ps @Kylotonn, do something with the screen cockpit view to at least work like Milestones.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +14
    I tried steering wheel 1st is the hope it would work, nope.
    So I tried an xbox one wireless controller. I am completely useless with it but wanted to get it going, that didn't work either. Press start to recognise controller did nothing.
    So then I tried xbox, PS and wheel using x360ce and THEN xinput.

The only device I got to work is the keyboard.
    I use my wheel on Ride 2 with x360ce and that works like a dream.
    On the Steam forum someone else said they didn't get x360ce to work, but could steer with Xinput.
    There's quite a lot about input managers and weird findings, but it was late.

9. Stevie777

Stevie777

Ratings:
    +0
    Works with my wired 360 controller...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,472
    Flawlessly, more than you can say about the rider:whistling:

11. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,413
    Did you plug the wireless Xbox one controller in via cable?
    So far I have tried an Xbox one wired controller, an xbox 360 controller and my GPX thrustmaster and all work first time no problems. Perhaps there is a problem with your PC?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,753
    As someone who's not really familiar with motorcycles/bikes (I've only ever driven some 50 cc ones), I quite like it, despite only being able to drive using the various training wheels ;) When you get it right, it feels really great, and it obviously looks (and runs) quite good. A bit too much aliasing for my tastes, which becomes more of a problem the faster you go as you need to be looking far ahead to see what's coming, yet the details of where you look are quite pixelated, which can lead to mistakes. But nothing too bad, I'd say, plus it will hopefully be possible to solve it (the game only offers FXAA and TAA, but hopefully some better AA options will be possible through the GPU drivers). Shame about not being able to change the FOV (unless I've missed it somewhere), but the default in the 1st person view suits me fairly well. They've toned down the dirt on the windscreens, which now makes the 1st person view a perfectly valid option, I like it - it still does get dirty, but you can see through it fairly well, nothing like the solid wall of grey smudge in their previous videos. Would also like an option to disable the camera movement - it's nice for immersion I guess, but it makes controlling the bike harder.

The biggest issue I have with the game is the controls, and that's more of a bike game issue than it is the game's fault. I've basically settled on using my flight stick with throttle and brakes mapped to buttons, it certainly feels like the best option for me. But I will try some more alternatives. I tried keyboard (I much prefer keyboard over gamepad in pretty much any situation, unlike most others) and I also wanted to try using a wheel, but the game doesn't even detect it, not even as a generic controller (T300). The biggest problem I have with the controls, though, is the lack of feedback - most of my crashes happen when I upset the bike somehow or go over the limit of traction, but notice it too late to be able to do something about it due to only having the visual cues to detect it. It would certainly be great to actually feel what the bike is doing, just like we can feel it through the wheel in the car sims. But again, I guess that's a general issue due to the lack of actual control option for a motorcycle/bike.

Here's a somewhat acceptable lap with one of the less powerful bikes in the game. Still plenty of crashes and tons of close calls, but not as embarrassing as my first attempt I had in my first look stream ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +14
    New Alienware Area 51 R2, Titan X SLI etc.
    Every other game I've played is fine, that's the point. The whole issue about this game is there appears to be bugs on release (take a look at the Steam forum).
    The fact that people can't even work around it with various input mappers suggests to me I am better off getting a refund and taking another look later.

14. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,413
    Steam forums and reviews are worth as much soaking wet tissue. Full of people who think the DVD drive is coffee cup holder and idiots who can't play any games properly.
    But obviously some, like yourself are having problems. Are you on Windows 10? I am on Seven and I am very happy with it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Andy_J

Andy_J

Ratings:
    +3,413
    Loving it so far. Excellent feeling stringing a lap together is so satisfying.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  16. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +14
    From what I have gleaned over the last couple of days is that Windows 10 is the common denominator for people with issues. Naturally I have Windows 10!
    I got a friend to replicate 2 methods of connecting a steering wheel that I'd tried, he had success using Xinput on Windows 7.

17. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Would love to know how many of the development team have completed a lap of the TT course with no racing line, abs, traction etc enabled in the settings without binning it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +276
    Andy, any ideas about what's happening to me and my rear tyre issues? I just feel like I'm getting a load of lift off oversteer (and inevitable crash as I can never correct it). (don't say don't lift! ;) )

19. girlracerTracey

girlracerTracey

Ratings:
    +164
    I was suffering from lift off oversteer also when I was struggling to get used to the physics in this game..particularly in the superbike class. All I can suggest on this is to try to acclimatise to the physics as best you can.. Which is not easy to begin with although after a while it does become second nature. What I tend to do is to to keep some torque in the back wheel as I come off the throttle..mainly through engine braking. I suppose in a way I am "nursing" the rear end of the bike by doing this and this for me helps to keep it under control.

Can you post a video of what is happening to you?

Also, a separate issue, through bumpy and cambered sections I "nurse" it through on the throttle by running a higher gear and lower revs and let the softer torque get me through. Rather than stressing the rear end of the bike by going through those sections at higher rev.s I suppose again I am looking after the rear end in doing this?

Practice does make you faster but this is not easy.. I started off doing 21 minute laps on the Suter (otherwise known as the "Beast"!) on minimal assists and through learning the limits imposed by the physics I am now down to a low 18 minute lap whilst on the exact same settings. But it's not a walk in the park..

I am getting the rear end squirming and misbehaving whilst leaned over now across bumps. It is quite a satisfying feeling when you do this but it took a long while to get there. But yeah it's on a knife edge.

The whole riding experience is on a knife edge really isn't it? Including trail braking on the front and rear brake whilst using engine braking to steady it.. But you can do this once you get used to it. But it is a challenge not to make mistakes..and if you make a mistake you are punished and it is difficult to recover and save it..although not impossible if you overdo it just slightly.

Until the physics are patched one way or the other this is the strategy that seems to work for me. It is a massive learning curve having been through all this in recent weeks.

Just my thoughts.

"Midge"

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +276
    Great comments Tracey, I got a bit peeved this morning with the amount of crashing. I'll try and take on board what you say as best I can but I'm running auto gears as having two many digits doing different things tends to fry my already addled brain! ;)

What I'm going to do is up the assists until I learn where I'm going! Learning the course AND acclimatising to the physics is clearly beyond me at the mo. It doesn't help that I'm still playing Ride 2 and MGP15/VR46 a bit so obviously making it harder to get into TTIOMs unique physics.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1