Need for Speed: Reboot

image.img.jpg

The Need for Speed reboot has been delayed on PC. It looks like Ghost Games is pushing the PC version of the racing game to Spring 2016 in order to spend more time working on it.

Need for Speed is being delayed because of technical reasons. The extra time spent working on it will ensure the game will have better visuals and an unlocked framerate.

The Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions are still on track and expected to be released in November 2015, whereas there's no accurate estimated time of arrival on the PC edition.

PC users will receive, as a thank you, all the free content updates and challenges published on consoles.

The last NFS I played was Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed, the the physics it had then should be considered sim to the ones they're putting out now.

All jokes aside if you still like the franchise they I guess this sucks...

Personal view: Is because they don't want to risk the more picky critique of pc gamers, so they first want to sell as much as possible in consoles, and then also based on feedback from console players, improve a bit the pc version. And maybe also there can be server problems with too many people.

PC users will receive, as a thank you, all the free content updates and challenges published on consoles.

Erm... what does that statement even mean? Silly EA. They will be giving free stuff for free? Were they going to charge PC users for the free content available on consoles before this delay was planned? I don't even...

Jokes aside, I'm actually looking forward to a proper happy fun arcade racer like the old NFS:UG and MW (MW was the last NFS I played), with tons of fun customization and stuff... I don't see anything wrong with that and on paper atleast it seems like this new NFS is looking to fill those shoes (I might just be a closet ricer, LOL :redface:). As a PC gamer it is kinda lame to know that they are postponing the release but I got more things to worry about than a stupid game launch delay... I'm pretty sure I can occupy myself with other stuff till it's release on the PC. I didn't buy a PS4 for BloodBorne given the giant Souls nutter that I am, so I ain't gonna buy that piece of incompetent hardware for a silly racing game now. TL;DR the delay doesn't affect me in any way. :p

Well now that steam has refunds they dont really have a choice. If they launch and it is a terrible port like Batman it will be trashed and pulled. Then they have to deal with the fallout.
Better to delay - make a solid port and profit then rush it and make PC users suck the tail pipe.
Then again this is EA so you never know.

Nothing can outclass the awesome feeling of going high-speed and amazing flipping crashes followed by it in the NFS 2: SE.

But the delay is good, more polished the better (or less bad :D)

The last NFS I played was Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed, the the physics it had then should be considered sim to the ones they're putting out now.

All jokes aside if you still like the franchise they I guess this sucks...
You took the exact words out my mouth, NFS PU was for me the Best & Last great game from the series, I really miss it.:cry:

I assume they just copy&pasted NFS:Rivals, then remembered that TotalBiscuit made a video of how this can't even remotely be considered a worthwhile PC port and all the outcry on forums all over the internet and then decided to finally code a true current gen game? (And still not release it on consoles, well played EA, well played. Next Gen my bottocks.)

Is the delay good?
No, because it shouldn't have been a Frostbite NFS:Rivals carbon copy from the start.
They should have created a game that's following the standards of video gaming in 2015, not pull off the cheap rip-off move EA has already become known for.

I gave the new CEO a chance, but if that goes on, he isn't any better than Riccitiello.
(If you need a name for the downward spiral in video games, it's Riccitiello)

Well now that steam has refunds they dont really have a choice.
Just that EA doesn't release on Steam anymore...
But afaik Origin has a way better refund policy anyways.

I wish they would push it back for these reasons :
- cockpit cam with full detailed interiors
- day and night cycle (adding day time)
- pedestrians walking around the city

I assume they just copy&pasted NFS:Rivals, then remembered that TotalBiscuit made a video of how this can't even remotely be considered a worthwhile PC port and all the outcry on forums all over the internet and then decided to finally code a true current gen game? (And still not release it on consoles, well played EA, well played. Next Gen my bottocks.)

Is the delay good?
No, because it shouldn't have been a Frostbite NFS:Rivals carbon copy from the start.
They should have created a game that's following the standards of video gaming in 2015, not pull off the cheap rip-off move EA has already become known for.

I gave the new CEO a chance, but if that goes on, he isn't any better than Riccitiello.
(If you need a name for the downward spiral in video games, it's Riccitiello)

Just that EA doesn't release on Steam anymore...
But afaik Origin has a way better refund policy anyways.
I was using that along with batman as the reason for the delay but yes you are right sadly origin has been better than steam in that regard.

Good decision. Will also improve future titles, once they've unlinked their driving physics from framecount. Frostbite itself has no problems with high fps in other games.

This also gives me more time to enjoy The Crew Wild Run (No sim, but damn, it has monster trucks!), which also comes out in November and Assetto Corsa Dream Pack 2 :)

This news on here is about as relevant as some news about Super Mario or Battlefield 5. Absolutely pointless.

Yes and I guess you're alluding to the lack of perceived sim credentials of the series. Which has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what is relevant to write about and only relevant to what you care about.

Our remit stems from our age old tagline. 'Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsport'. No mention of sim in there at all. It's virtual, features engines, and competition. That'll be virtual motorsport then I guess.

Yes and I guess you're alluding to the lack of perceived sim credentials of the series. Which has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what is relevant to write about and only relevant to what you care about.
Yes and exactly right. In my opinion you might as well discuss and have sections for every arcade style of racing if that is your idea of RaceDepartment. I'm not particularly bothered as I was expressing my opinion on the matter, not directing you to do anything.
I have not seen any news on another similar game posted here. This one:

NFS is what got me into simracing, and I think it's the case with many simracers today. After PU I tried GTR 1 and let me tell you the transition was PAINFUL, so frustrating but worth it in the end.

However, to this day the best memories of racing I've had were for a large part with NFS PU, I spent a lot of time on that game when I was young, maybe too much, and it was amazing fun. Would do again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%