PC noise while moving mouse

My PC has just started making a very quiet whirring noise as I move the mouse.
It's barely noticeable but enough to annoy.
PC is 18 months old.
Acer MB
G4560 cpu
1050ti 4gb
8gb ram

Should I be concerned, any ideas?

Mine does the same. I hear it mainly through headphones if they are on the front pc jack, got a feeling its maybe an earthing issue. Mine has done it for 5 years with no problem, so apart from the irritation i wouldn't worry much. (but i know what you mean, once you hear it it REALLY stands out)

If you are using an onboard soundcard, they often do that as the internal EM noise interferes with the badly shielded audio circuits. Even discrete soundcards can do that if you are using the front panel connection with them, since, again, they are badly shielded.

It's also worth checking inputs on your soundcard, especially the mic input, which is usually really bad on cheaper soundcards and picks up a lot of noise, so make sure it's muted. But it goes for other inputs as well, be it line, AUX or any other input you might have. Unless you really need it unmuted, mute it.

Coil Whine maybe?
Coil whine is a high-pitched sound some devices inside the computer case can create under certain situations. ... When the electrical current is increased to a certain point, the magnetic field around the coil can cause it to vibrate, which produces the whiny sound.

Interesting thanks for the replies.

I'm at a bit of a cross roads here with this system.
It's basically an Acer Aspire TC 780a with a Pentium G4560 and 1050ti 4gb.
8gb ram.
300 watt PSU

I have $500usd (cpu, psu, motherboard) to upgrade or build new. GPU will come later.

@Martin Fiala we talked PM I appreciate your input but I'm still confused as to which direction is best to go.

The goal here is to use the 1050ti until I can pick up a new GPU. I like the price/reviews on the 1660ti.

Now, the question is do I buy an i7 7700, power supply and add ram to this motherboard, or should I start fresh with a motherboard that supports the i5 8400?

My gut is telling me to start fresh and any advice would be appreciated.

Edit.
I just ordered this, man I hate spending money but hopefully will be worth it.

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B360M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($85.38 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $404.32

Last edited:
Regarding the 1660Ti...I'm looking at the card myself as it's an ideal upgrade for 1080p gaming IMO, but I would be kinda hesitant regarding it's 1440p performance, which is what you mentioned you are aiming for. I mean it can obviously do 1440p, but it doesn't seem to have that much of an overhead in this resolution and you might soon find yourself running out of performance.

But I might be able to learn more about it soon, if things go according to plan.

Last edited:
Regarding the 1660Ti...I'm looking at the card myself as it's an ideal upgrade for 1080p gaming IMO, but I would be kinda hesitant regarding it's 1440p performance, which is what you mentioned you are aiming for. I mean it can obviously do 1440p, but it doesn't seem to have that much of an overhead in this resolution and you might soon find yourself running out of performance.

But I might be able to know more about it soon, if things go according to plan.

I look forward to hearing more.
New hardware is en route as I sit here watching endless youtube mobo/cpu/psu install videos stressing about it all. I think my primary concern is the windows 10 transfer that I failed to consider as this is a prebuilt PC and I don't think I have a product key. :(

Windows can be unpredictable in this regard. Sometimes it complains about a single component being replaced, sometimes you replace everything and it just reactivates without issue (even OEM versions). So...might go either way.

I think my primary concern is the windows 10 transfer that I failed to consider as this is a prebuilt PC and I don't think I have a product key. :(
Check these links out because it looks like it sometimes IS possible to use/extract and re-use a windows key from a prebuild install:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...w_do_i_get_my_windows_key_from_a_prebuilt_pc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...ndows_key_from_a_prebuilt_pc/#bottom-comments
https://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

Yeah, I might've been too pesimistic regarding the 1660Ti performance in 1440p. It doesn't seem to be doing as bad as I thought it might. The performance in 2560x1600 is fairly close to performance in 1920x1200 for me. 60 fps should be doable fairly fine, at least when it's the GPU that's limiting the performance.

hey,
Higher DPI is always better. Acceleration is the devil. Wireless mice are laggier than wired. If you use gaming mouse then there might be a different guide for it. Like gaming mouse guide. I am not sure though. I just read unlock straight talk phone guide only for unlocking straight talk phone, so i thought that there might be a different guide for gaming mouse as it's unique.

Last edited:
hey,
Higher DPI is always better. Acceleration is the devil. Wireless mice are laggier than wired. ... If you understand any of that, chances are you've spent some time reading about gaming mice, trying to figure out what actually matters in a gaming mouse. else i don't think there's anything to worry much.
Not really sure what the quality of the mouse has to do with interference noises on the speakers/headphones?
But you're right with what you say, I have the logitech g703 with the 12k optical sensor, 1000hz rate, special low lag wireless, metal springs for the main buttons and the option to run it via cable.
Little and optimized battery inside, only 107g of weight.
Tested about 40 mice, that's the best for me and precision wise.
Funnily enough I'm not really better at gaming with it but quite a lot faster in cad applications :p

I can highly recommend the wireless Logitech Lightspeed G305.
In the latest PCGamesHW mouse review(15 mice) it ends up 3rd only after Draconia 2 and Asus M5.
No noticeable lag.

I can highly recommend the wireless Logitech Lightspeed G305.
In the latest PCGamesHW mouse review(15 mice) it ends up 3rd only after Draconia 2 and Asus M5.
No noticeable lag.
Yep, basically mine in a different shape and with replaceable battery instead of loaded via the USB cable. Great mice these new Lightspeed G series!
Sadly I find the mouse wheel to be pretty "cheap"...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%