• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

Seen on the CM forums

it says minimum pc requirement, usually that means that with those you'll be able to run the game on the lowest game settings and even with those setting the game might not run very well. thats what my experience is telling me.

Buying an Xbox 360, F1 2010 and a load of other games will be a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade my computer to above and beyond that level. There is no way in a million years that my computer will be able to run that. It meets four requirements only - DirectX version, OS, RAM and Hard drive space. I have 1GB RAM. :(

Buying an Xbox 360, F1 2010 and a load of other games will be a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade my computer to above and beyond that level. There is no way in a million years that my computer will be able to run that. It meets four requirements only - DirectX version, OS, RAM and Hard drive space. I have 1GB RAM. :(
Upgrading a pc ain't that expensive..

XBOX360 slim = €250
Game = €60 on average
X360 wheel = Unavailable

PC:
Athlon II X2 250 - €57
Motherboard €36
4GB mem - €82
Case+PSU - €60
500GB HDD - €40
DVD-burner - €18
Graphics HD5750 1GB - €120
Total: €410

Games €45 each

I don't think pc's are that expensive anymore.
If you don't believe it:
voilá:
http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winke...267504]=1&product[213591]=1&product[242662]=1

Upgrading a pc ain't that expensive..

XBOX360 slim = €250
Game = €60 on average
X360 wheel = Unavailable

PC:
Athlon II X2 250 - €57
Motherboard €36
4GB mem - €82
Case+PSU - €60
500GB HDD - €40
DVD-burner - €18
Graphics HD5750 1GB - €120
Total: €410

Games €45 each

I don't think pc's are that expensive anymore.
If you don't believe it:
voilá:
http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winkelmandje/?legen=1&product[253390]=1&product[217561]=1&product[275728]=1&product[5545]=1&product[94822]=1&product[267504]=1&product[213591]=1&product[242662]=1

I think you forgot

Operating system - Windows 7 €120 (this is expensive by UK standards).

Then there is the issue of a monitor. I would suggest that not many people buy a TV to run their console on, but do you have a spare monitor lying around? Perhaps, but if not then the cost of a PC goes up still further. My monitors tend to be used for 2 PCs, so perhaps half the cost of a monitor is appropriate.

12 months a go I built a PC for gaming. Nothing too over the top. 4Gb RAM, Core 2 Duo E8400, and ATI 4850 graphics. I had bought a 22" monitor the year before so I did not buy a new one. The cost of this PC (including OS) was £500 or €600.

On the other hand you do need a PC these days even if it isn't to gaming standards so it is very difficult to compare.

Well I think I'll upgrade my PC with a similar CPU that's in those requiements, that could get TDU 2 also running fine probably (I'm worried about the video card also in that case though, as I know tests showed that my 9600GT is slightly slower than the 8800GT that's in it's requiements. But true I played TDU 1 with a 128Mb 7600GS for a long time and it ran fine..)
At least that Core 2 Duo would make Shift also run smoother:) And it's not that expensive, at the moment it's around 20000Ft (~70€) according to the prices I found on the net, but I'll have a look in our shops as well.

I think you forgot

Operating system - Windows 7 €120 (this is expensive by UK standards).

Then there is the issue of a monitor. I would suggest that not many people buy a TV to run their console on, but do you have a spare monitor lying around? Perhaps, but if not then the cost of a PC goes up still further. My monitors tend to be used for 2 PCs, so perhaps half the cost of a monitor is appropriate.
Most people who move on from computers keep the same monitor.

And about Windows, I forgot that cuz I'm a student. ;) Because of that I can get Windows 7 Ultimate licenses from Uni for a very low amount and Win Xp for free...
Win 7 Home Premium OEM costs about €90-€100

Well I think I'll upgrade my PC with a similar CPU that's in those requiements, that could get TDU 2 also running fine probably (I'm worried about the video card also in that case though, as I know tests showed that my 9600GT is slightly slower than the 8800GT that's in it's requiements. But true I played TDU 1 with a 128Mb 7600GS for a long time and it ran fine..)
At least that Core 2 Duo would make Shift also run smoother:) And it's not that expensive, at the moment it's around 20000Ft (~70€) according to the prices I found on the net, but I'll have a look in our shops as well.
Currently Intel processors are expensive in budget systems. AMD has very nice solutions for budget systems. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back