PC issues Need help

Recently I've been getting really bad issues with my pc. Seriously can't play games anymore as they only last about 3 - 15 mintues.

I've had about 8 x "blue screen of death" since installing windows 7 and now I've had 7 x Graphic freeze and bad buzzing sound coming out of speakers.

I've tried a few things to see whats causing it, like the RAM was maxxing out at 93% so I doubled the RAM and I'm now on 4 gigs, with the graphics going wrong I changed the graphics card, I had problems with windows XP so I changed to Windows 7, I was on a 400 watt power supply so I changed that to 750 watt, I'm going to change hard drive in case its a HD failure, I've re-installed and updated all my sound and video drivers (which I'm getting sick of people telling me that is the problem!!)

The wierd thing is this is the error message I get:
View attachment 27760
I've tried to look at the microsoft website for help but they are no help.

Can someone please help me as I'm getting close to going back to my playstation for good (as after 12 years it still works better then my pc!)

Hey mate, i'm having the same problem these days. Even i formatted my PC, the problems still occur (Freezes, sudden shutdowns, BSODs and more..)

I think this maybe related to recent extreme hot weather. Because there wasn't such problems with my PC before Summer :(

check the temps on your graphics card Kenny.

Maybe whip the side off and makes sure there isn't too much dust and stuff in your fans & heat sinks. Same goes for the processor too while your there.

Quick searches indicate that it could be power supply related. Faulty plugs? Faulty connections within the computer where the plug goes into the computer?

Is this a new computer or an old one with different OS's ??

Its a new-ish pc (built myself about 1 year a go) but I will check all connections and clean the pc out. I do think its either Motherboard or processor thats causing it to malfunction.

I was running a 756mb Graphic Card but my screen was stuttering everywhere and every game was seriously lagging so I changed back to my 512mb and now I remember why I changed it as it takes me about 2 - 3 times to get my monitor on.

The original motherboard that was in the pc I cleverly destroyed in my stupidity :D so it was replaced with another (but different make) which happened to be the only one they had left, so it may be re-conditioned as the shop I go to does sell a lot of returned and repaired stuff.

I bought a 750watt power supply as the one originally in wasn't good enough. But I do remember having to replace the power lead from the wall at some point.

This is my system:

MSI K9N Neo V3 Motherboard 32/64 bit
4200 AMD Dual Core Processor 64 bit (2 x 2100)
On board 5.1 surround sound
4 GIG DDR2 800mhz RAM (4x1 gig)
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT Alpha Dog Edition 512mb*
2 x Hard drives (1 x 250gb Sata + 1 x 250gb IDE)
2 x External Hard Drives (2 x 500gb)
2 x DVD drives
750 watt power supply unit

*I did replace the card with this one : "Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO 768mb" but with the errors the 512mb is back in the pc.

I think I've found out what is the problem. The pc crashed while playing music, so once restarted I went into event viewer to see what issues came up and while browsing round I found a tool that checks memory. So I thought theres no harm in checking the memory as that has been an issue previously, hence now having 4 gig instead of 2 gig. This tool only works at system start up so I rebooted and the tool ran and the first thing this tool said is "you have a hardware failure, please contact your manufacturer" and once the tool finish the scan, the report stated "you have a memory failure".

So what I'm going to do is remove the original 2 gig that was in the pc from the start and leave the new 2 Gig in and see what happens. I'm going to have to buy some more memory as 2 gig isn't enough.

Hi Kenny

Problems with Mem are very common and most times it is the Mem, so let us know if it helped.
If it doesnt try to startup the PC with only your win hardrive attached and dismount all others, sometimes when having multiple HD and reading stuff from it can create stutters and mallfunction when one of them have bad sectors (even if you think the PC is not using it).

I dont know about what brand PSu u had but 750 W is way too much for your system and it looses efficiency. Better to have a 400-450 W PSU. Be sure to spend some money on this ! but i think you know that:D Its not the power but the stability of the PSU that you need

I suggest you never fill all banks with memory. This can give problems like this, if the memory is different, eg to brands, then the chance to get problems is bigger.

So better buy 2 modules, both 2GB to get 4GB. If you use a 32 bit OS your system only uses arround 3.2 gb.

A little more info, the more memory your graphics card has, the more system memory will be reserved for graphics, this is Windows Vista and Windows 7 behaviour. So it is not so smart to use eg 2 videocards, both 1GB, in a system with only 2GB memory.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back