PC1 PC Gamer review released

PC Gamer have released their review of Project Cars and have given it an 83.

"Beautiful, bold and varied. Slightly Mad are uncompromising in their simulation."
""Playing with a gamepad often borders on impossible when racing these"

Link to whole review here http://www.pcgamer.com/project-cars-2/

I haven't played the game myself yet, but its pre-ordered and I am still looking forward to playing this weekend.

I get the general feeling that the reviewer isnt a big fan of racing games.

I’m a firm believer that a racing game should be playable by everyone and not just the purist elite with force-feedback wheels and racing seats, and CARS doesn’t entirely deliver on that front

So we are pure elite because we use a simple steering-wheel? If you have some affiliation with racing games I'd expect a reviewer of a commercial website to test racing games with a steering-wheel instead of a game pad.

You don't play golf with an icehockeystick either.

I couldnt agree more, this sort of thing really annoys me.
I game with a certain general gaming community and am almost treated like a weirdo because i enjoy and play racing sims and not the likes of grid or dirt and even more so when they hear i play with a racing wheel.
by the way Bram have you played the final build or latest build of PCARS? i always found your opinion to be similar to my own :p

this is exactly what i expect from gaming outlets, i wouldnt recommend reading them unless you want to be frustrated.

its not necessarily that they are wrong either, 99% of gamers do not have a wheel, why would they?? so it makes sense to review it w/ a controller.

if you want to know what fellow sim-racers think read simracer reviews, this is going to be garbage for enthusiasts. not meant for us.

I am writing a review myself for a small Aussie sim racing community. It's ridiculously in-depth (think multiple thousands of words :p) and is from the perspective of a sim racer (which very few of these publications will have). It's a tad informal compared to those reviews but it's readable.

I'll be happy to link it when it's finished if anyone is interested. :)

In all fairness we should be concerned as to how the game plays on a pad, as the majority of the sales will be coming from consoles And very few use a wheel overall, Wheel users and "sim racers" are a minority in the grand scheme of things.....bad controller reviews = less sales which will result in less licenses and support down the road and possibly effect pcars2. First impressions are very important in today's gaming world.
Iam excited that the game is finally being released, but on the other hand nervous as I personally feel some things could have been done better and that they missed out on instantly grabbing the majority of forza fans by not adding club/clan features or a league series tracking format like iracing private leagues.
overall I feel pcars is a well rounded title and excited for its release, as long as sms stay true to there word and continue to support the game and add features all should be good :)

In all fairness we should be concerned as to how the game plays on a pad, as the majority of the sales will be coming from consoles And very few use a wheel overall, Wheel users and "sim racers" are a minority in the grand scheme of things.....bad controller reviews = less sales which will result in less licenses and support down the road and possibly effect pcars2. First impressions are very important in today's gaming world.
Iam excited that the game is finally being released, but on the other hand nervous as I personally feel some things could have been done better and that they missed out on instantly grabbing the majority of forza fans by not adding club/clan features or a league series tracking format like iracing private leagues.
overall I feel pcars is a well rounded title and excited for its release, as long as sms stay true to there word and continue to support the game and add features all should be good :)

Looks like I'm going to PC.

Sneak peek from my review which should be up within the day:

Project Cars occupies a unique bridging point between arcade racers and full out simulation games. The good news for hardcore racers is that the game’s fuel mixture is graded with a performance that pushes Project Cars more to the sim side of the starting grid. The game’s legacy could very well be one where it becomes the feeder sim for those gamers looking to make the transition from console racers to the more realistic sims available on PCs.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%