PC Game Christmas Deals

This auction event is really strange. I am suspicious that we can buy the games cheaper in the actual sale on the 18th december, than crafting gems and bidding. :O_o:

Every Steam Sale ever
zvEZCAJ.jpg

If anyone's after little something from today's the best of the featured I've played is Prison Architect. If you like the management/tycoon type simulation games this is a great little indie title. Also check out the podcasts the devs make to update the community on their progress. They're a funny bunch.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233450/ £3.99

Always wanted to try the Assassin's Creed games. Was about to buy all of them, then I see the Uplay requirement. I'm not a huge fan of Steam to begin with, so to have to download and install another client is ridiculous. If I buy it through Steam, I should only need Steam to play it.

Here are a few games that might be of interest to other members i found in the steam sale.

Spintires has 66% off at just £6.79 - store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=...in&specials=1&page=1 - I have gone for this deal myself.

Assetto Corsa has 30% off at £20.99 - store.steampowered.com/app/244210/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1 - and this sim has just hit version 1.0.

Wreckfest has 33% of now at £15.40 - store.steampowered.com/app/228380/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

F1 2014 is half price at £14.99 - store.steampowered.com/app/226580/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_1

Dirt 3 is half price at £7.49 - store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=...=win&tags=699&page=2

WRC 4 has 75% off at £6.24 - store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=...=win&tags=699&page=3

NASCAR 14 has 60% off at £5.99 - store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=...=win&tags=699&page=4

Moto GP 14 is half price at £14.99 - store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=...=win&tags=699&page=5

DTM Experience 13 has 70% at £4.79 - store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=...=win&tags=699&page=7

These deals are on until the 2nd January 2015.

Jason.

So, from those deals, I'll do my tips.

Worth Getting:
  • Assetto Corsa - one of the best simulators out there.
  • Wreckfest - It is Arcade, but it is pacey, hectic, and good fun for a not so serious game!
  • DTM Experience 13 - If you like RRE, if you like SimBin/Sector 3 titles, this is a good buy!
If you have to, well OK then...
  • DiRT 3 - It's your standard DiRT-game, but much more gymkhana, than rally/rallycross.
  • F1 2014 - F1 2013 with new cars, liveries and V6 Turbo Engines. CM looks like they have focused completely on F1 2015, which will arrive at the start of the 2015 season (according to CM)
  • WRC 4 - If you have to have the newest WRC-game... But it's not fast and pacey enough for an arcade game, and not bullish enough for a simracer. And it's really not a simcade. Reports that the game have been somewhat "abandoned" after release and things in-game is not working any more (I cannot confirm this)
Stay Away!!
  • NASCAR 14 - NASCAR 13 was a bad game, even on the game dev's small forum where mostly big fans of NASCAR and the game was, it was not recieved positively. So NASCAR 14 is basically the same game, with minor adjustments, almost the same bugs, and even more DLC's. It's just not a good game in any way at all. Do you have more money than you can use in a lifetime - go ahead. If not, buy yourself some paint. Paint a plank and watch it dry. It's about the same.
No idea!
  • Moto GP 14 - Now, I bought Superbike 12 (SBX 12) I think it was from the same dev, a buddy got Moto GP 13, and they felt very similar. Maybe not completely sim (hard to do for a motorcycle), but I felt that it was pretty realistic. I really liked the fact that I had to use two buttons to brake, one for the front brakes, one for the rear brakes! I have never tried MotoGP 14, but if you like MotoGP, and it is anything near MotoGP 13, it is a good buy.
The Abandoned Game!
  • Spintires! Amazing potential. But there is one MAJOR problem. Reports are surfacing that Oovee, the publisher have 'taken the money and skipped town'. Leaving the dev. of the game with all the rights to the source code and tech. But with no way of actually updating the game at all.
    This might fix it self, and the game it pretty good at the moment - a totally different kind of game than most, but it might actually not get any better, or get any more content (there is not much goals in the game at the moment).
    So, ye, it depends on what you want :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years