PC for ACC in 32:9

Hello,

I'm currently racing on an XBOX One X. Unfortunately this does not convince me anymore, because the XBOX is limited in support for my Fanatec steering wheel.
Therefore I would like to buy a PC. Exclusively for Sim Racing and for now only for Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC). I want to drive on Samsung 49" 32:9 (3840x1080, 144Hz).
What parts would you suggest? I live in Germany and would like to end up with 800€ (complete PC).But if I get the much better and in the long run more reasonable system for just over 1000€, that would be OK, too.

Thanks.

Greeting Christian

Hello,

I'm currently racing on an XBOX One X. Unfortunately this does not convince me anymore, because the XBOX is limited in support for my Fanatec steering wheel.
Therefore I would like to buy a PC. Exclusively for Sim Racing and for now only for Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC). I want to drive on Samsung 49" 32:9 (3840x1080, 144Hz).
What parts would you suggest? I live in Germany and would like to end up with 800€ (complete PC).But if I get the much better and in the long run more reasonable system for just over 1000€, that would be OK, too.

Thanks.

Greeting Christian

Try pcpartpicker.com for some ideas, will have build ideas and help with the cost.

ACC needs a powerful PC, maybe skimp on a couple of items to allow you to get decent RAM, CPU, Motherboard and GPU. Other items can be upgraded when you have more money.

Good luck.

Building with new parts 1000 Euro might be possible: Ryzen 5 2600X or better, AMD Wraith CPU cooler or better, MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard, RTX 2070 Super GPU, minimum 16 GB 3200hz RAM, 250GB-500GB SSD, minimum 650W PSU, and a very cheap case with 3-4 decent fans and Window 10 key. Anything left over: 2TB HDD.

USED: Substitute GTX 1080 ti

I use a Ryzen 5 3600x, 16gb 3200 MHz ram and amd 5700 xt and get around 90 FPS on ACC ultra settings using that monitor. Other sims, rfactor 2, iracing etc are 150-200 FPS.

The reason I chose the 5700xt, well performance for price coupled with the fact the next generation of GPUs are due in the next 6 months or so. Hopefully that helps.

So, PC (AMD 3600X and 5700XT) and Samsung 49" (3840x1080, 144Hz via DP) are here and everything is running. But I am not yet satisfied with the settings. I am concerned about the colors in ACC. It looks partly pale and poor in color. Or even a veil over it.
Does anybody have an idea for the monitor and ACC settings?
What are your recommended FOV Settings for this setup?

Adjust exposure, contrast, saturation, white balance and tone mapping if you think it doesn't look good. The "Aces" tone mapping in particular can make the image look kinda washed out and low contrast.

Hello,

Thanks.
Greeting Christian

Here is my self-built high-end PC that I finished @ Jan of 2019 I believe...the components are listed in my sig. The case is a Phanteks Evolv X.

My MB failed within a week, so replaced under warranty. It was a big hassle to disconnect/remove the water loop to return the MB, so I ended up using a traditional Noctua heatsink/2 fans for CPU cooling.

Case fans setup... 3 front of case- intake, 3 top of case exhaust out thru the radiator, 1 rear exhaust. And 2 fans on CPU heatsink.

The way to go for price savings is AMD I believe. My CPU and graphics card exploded my budget. I got carried away, per usual.

Attachments

• 2018-12-26 10.38.59.jpg
    2018-12-26 10.38.59.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Apart from having a different monitor and your specs being way over his budget, not bad...
(he could only buy the board and cpu for EUR800 that would leave him without a PSU, case, ram, GPU, keyboard, mouse or OS)
Guess the fans could be an option, if they only cost 30 bucks... :O_o:

I built my PC last week. (AMD 3600X and 5700XT) I still struggle a bit with the setting in ACC, Radeon Driver and Samsung C49. I do not like the colors yet. the green in the tire app (for example) is not really green, very pale.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 14.0%