F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Jas Verstoppen

DNA Racing
Hi fellow Racing-Fanatics!

First of all, how happy are we all together that Codemasters finally pulled it off and deliver us a well balanced, fully functioning Multiplayer part of the game and a much more 'simmy' feel of the Handling-Model then all of the previous titles in the F1-franchise?! Ok, that's of my chest! ;)

We just got the dedicated forum up for our coming League of F1 2016 on the PC-version of the game, we are proud as Ramteam Racing for the fact we are able to host this League for all of you out there who might be interested.

A big Announcement, of all the Info and Dates you need to know, will be made coming Tuesday, 30th of August. Also the Registration-Thread goes up then.

Be sure to keep this page updated because this League on this amazing game will be epic! :)

As a final note, we would like to give a special thanks to the RaceDepartment Team to give us the possibility for hosting a League here, thumbs up!

Cheers,

The Ramteam Staff

Last edited:
Another thing to add to the stuttering issue - if you use headphones and have speakers as well, unplug the unused speakers and turn off any conflicting audio software.

Any feedback on whether these tips helps anyone would be appreciated, it's the only way to know if I'm talking nonsense or not...

Are u think u are FAIR player? (see the video 4:25) That wasnt look so FAIR

1) I am sorry for that.
Must be you or me or the host lagging, because i only blocked the inside, i did not hit you in my screen no sound no feeling.
If i hit someone i allways give the place back, you should know that because i did it in china i think too.
I always drive fair.

Btw, You came in like a torpedo, thats not my fault.
There is almost no overtaking on Hungary.

1.5) Did we forget about this?
Did you give me that place back?
Now did i complain? Yes i did!
Did you get a penalty? No you din't.
I asked them to NOT give you a penalty but a warning, you can ask Dpool and Pretender.

See monaco as i overtake, you turn into me!
You dont even look to arrows in screen, you just go!
My fault i should have waited i know! I only asked them who was making a mistake and i took their answer as a man!

Watch in slomo!

2) In my game/screen/eye's Dani was not blocking to defend, but pure braketesting, before the corner and thats BS i could not go anywhere.
Or this must also be lagg stuttering enz.

So now thats out of the box.

I am done with F1 2016, im done with all the bugg's errors laggy hosts.
We went from 22 players and some 10 more reserve's to 11 players?
Sorry but this game died after patch 1.08
I am not gonna put more time into it, 880 hours is enough misery for one game!

:inlove: See you when i see you.

I surrender my car.

*Edited Post, as i found more stuff to talk about ;-) !!

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I'm creating this thread to get everybody's thoughts on the current stability problems that seem to be on the rise during our League races.

Personally I've been struggling with stability issues in the multiplayer. I've had to quit two races now because it causing too much problems. Its either lag related or performance related, honestly I have no idea. SP runs smoothly. Most other people have no issues whilst I am hosting the session

Basicly my game hangs frequently. In the most recent race on the hungaroring for example. FIrst avvalach ghosted into my car because my game froze momentarily then later Kirrinean. I can safely host for others, but not play myself.

I am willing to host races whilst not playing, but with the current declining state of F1 2016's MP performance, which has already cost us some racers I feel we might need to quit the league altogether. Hope that F1 2017 will be good, but then again F1 2016 was excellent, as we had a great first season for most players. Or, switch to different game.

Your thoughts and experiences below please.

Honestly wtf is wrong with the server or the game. Same **** over and over again. Everyone left the server, so this time i know i had to join back because it was a bug or something (same happened in China). And the cars dont ghost anymore?

Look at:
14:30 Crash between rico, kirenian and dani i think: cars dont ghost anymore? Luckily the psychics of the game dont make any sense, so i could drive underneath them haha.
20:58 did i really drove 2nd? Or was it just on my game that i was second?
22:00 I drove fastest lap which was impossible, and than everyone left the server, than there was a VSC
34:00 I overtook Shabbala, Dpool in front crashed with Rico's retired car and flew over Rico and than i crashed into rico's retired car

Whole race was weird ****
Here's the message to char.. uhh codemasters: **** OFF, **** OFF, HONESTLY

Last edited:
To be honest I would say switch to an other game or quit the league. Every race were are with only 10 +- racers. And every race there are server problems or weird stuff is happening in the game.

Maybe we could test some different racing games with people of our league?

For me no more F1 2016..

It did sadden me to see your lag stutter as I knew we wouldn't get a fair fight one way or another. :( Were you hosting this evening out of interest? Prior to joining the league, myself and Shabballa used to have 5 lap evenings on a Tuesday and it was almost comically predictable that if either of us became the host, our game would freeze, we'd get massive lag or simply disconnect mid-race within the first two races so we just stopped hosting altogether, regardless of then getting numpty hosts ;). If anyone has a second account with F1 2016, maybe they could host on a cabled laptop or something? I do have a laptop but no second account and I doubt it could run F1 anyways.

I was concerned when Silverstone only had 8 people and really, even with 11 people as it was today, strategies just play into the 50% races all too little which does kind of reduce the strong/fun points of F1 long distance races. I do have a feeling that this number is going to reduce further making the idea of finishing the season a bit ... worrying and perhaps tiresome toward the end if only a few people show up.

It is a big shame, especially when the grid at the beginning of the season was full of players of all skill levels but second FULL league seasons in this game series just don't work unless you have feeder leagues where you can poach people from lower brackets (aka AOR). I would suggest for future F1 series games, do a full first season but for a second season, reduce the race count to something like 11 races and pick the tracks which produced the best racing from the previous league. :p

As for now, maybe we could do three 25% races per Sunday with random grids to see out the season? I think if we got a stable host bot and could guarantee fights more people would want to join/come back for the Sunday? I would worry about switching to another game as people generally came here to race in F1... there isn't much which would convince me to switch at the moment due to time commitments etc. I only do this and occasional Oculus nights on Assetto Corsa which is basically time trialling silly cars around the Nordschleife...

1st season Jochan hosted and there was less problems but after the 1.08 patch it all went to :poop:, Codemasters only updated single player and they wont look into mp ever, :thumbsdown:Hopperlobby's?:sleep: 1st day F1 2016 came out there was a 1st patch?:cry: That should have say'd enough.
I bought Assetto Corsa just to evade f1 2016 and pcars.
I bought the Redline pack so i can drive f1 cars.
But i am a poor guy and i cant buy all the DLC's so no nordsleife for me there.

Btw never ever listen to people like Aarava Tiametmarduk xmattyg about F1 and codie's because they get payed with offers and game's to test just to get us buying crapp.
Its not weird they are not allowed to talk about the game of show us anything before it come's out. It's to steel your hard earned cash before they have to patch the mofo'r out of this :poop:!
Pretty fed up with Codies :thumbsdown:

Looks like quite a few people had quite a few issues. Robin, that race looked horrific :(

Quali: P1
Very happy with that as it beat my time trial time. I initially thought I'd try soft tyres but both laps on them weren't great so I went out on supers. My first super run wasn't good enough but I did notice in my warm up lap, my tyre wear didn't go to 1% so the next time I went out, I did two slow laps to burn off some fuel which I think helped a little bit but probably didn't make the half a second I gained on the final lap. Great lap, happy with P1.

Race: P3
Start went okay, I pulled a little gap then my tyres started to go a little bit so I stayed calm. Avallac closed on me just before the lap I was going to pit but when he didn't go into the pit, I knew the undercut for him was off the table. I recall on that lap looking away from the screen for no apparent reason so I didn't catch a minor slide I had and ended up letting Avallac past just before my pit; looking back, I think I was checking my tyre choice for the pit stop as Jeff confused me... not the only time in that race. Seriously, he never shuts up...

I then came out on lap 8 behind some traffic and unfortunately there was an incident ahead which I don't think I could have avoided without turning sharply left on a right hand bend. It happens, no problem on my end. I then reversed back and started going again. I was then angry at the situation (not people involved) so started pushing like a madman. I had a few nice fights on my way up the grid and thought there was a slim possibility Fuyjin might struggle with his mediums and I might catch Avallac so I pitted a little later than planned to ensure I'd have even fresher tyres if I did catch up to them. After pitting on lap 23, the VSC was deployed shortly after I exited the pits giving Fuyjin a free stop and Avallac was too far in front anyway.

I didn't know what to expect coming into the race and after the calamities I was glad to finish third. Grats to Fuyjin, all the right decisions at the right times and perhaps strangely, I think you won that one based on your quali lap! :)

Another quite specific one - if you've ever installed SQL on your machine, make sure you shut down those background processes in task manager before starting... basically anything starting with 'SQL server'.

"sql server windows nt - 64 bit" was using between 15% and 60% of my CPU for some weird reason which has caused stuttering in an unrelated application but if F1 was running, it would have caused issues as well.

Another quite specific one - if you've ever installed SQL on your machine, make sure you shut down those background processes in task manager before starting... basically anything starting with 'SQL server'.

"sql server windows nt - 64 bit" was using between 15% and 60% of my CPU for some weird reason which has caused stuttering in an unrelated application but if F1 was running, it would have caused issues as well.
That must be specific to your machine as i'm running SQL server all the time while playing F1. Never have had any issues with it. Neither do i have any with installed mods. I have cleanly installed f1 tho, just to be sure it doesn't cause any issues for others.

I am playing Assetto Corsa alot lately.
There is a mod called ''F1 2017 Hybrid''. It's a fantastic mod with great physics.
Perhaps that's an idea about the way to go in the future.
I played the BETA of F1 2017 too and I didn't like it. Just a port of 2016 actually..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back