PC Buying help wanted....

Have you considered a RAID 0 configuration on your new computer with at least 4 harddisk.

Since the harddisk is one of the things thats slows the computer down. (also for SSD)

Im working now with 4 harddisk Westerndigital black editions in a RAID 0 configuration and indeed i got a better result in windows 7.
From 5,9 with only 1 harddisk and with RAID0 4 harddisk improvement to 6,3.

You can also use 4 cheaper SSD for performance, will cost you around 400 euro, SATA II will cost you around 240 euro.

For my graphic card a ATI 5830 windows 7 give me a 7,6 and this is already a very good graphic card.

Well on the gigabyte site it does give that the motherboard supports a 2000 MHz memory module, which is what the memory I posted is: a 2000MHz module
So in theory it should.
I have had experience with DDR2 module that even if it is not on the support list (of the asus motherboard), it will still work like a charm....so for most of the time it will work, maybe for over clocking it might give headaches

@ Freddie. Raid 0 might work awesome, but if it fails, you will loose all the data.
And to get the best RAID performance is best to use an actual hardware RAID controller than a software, but those are expensive.
I am one of those that goes with simple partioning, prefer the driver to be slow but still salvage data then to loose everything when 1 fails :)

That sounds very complicated Freddie :)

So Chris, can I buy the motherboard that Martin posted and your RAM, and it will 100% sure work?
Or is there a small chance it will not work?
I don't have any knowledge about these things, I just want to be 100% sure everything works when I buy it.

if it doesn't work, you can always send it back with RMA to 4launch, but you do it in less than a week ;)
should be no problem ;)
you can also ask the 4launch guys if they are willing to test your motherboard ram combo....it's worth to try :)
you have already the "no", but you can get the "yes" :)

if it doesn't work, you can always send it back with RMA to 4launch, but you do it in less than a week ;)
should be no problem ;)
you can also ask the 4launch guys if they are willing to test your motherboard ram combo....it's worth to try :)
you have already the "no", but you can get the "yes" :)
Its good that you tell me, I already forgot I will use their service of putting everything together, and they will also then test it :)

I'm planning to buy this system, please tell if there is anything that is wise to change:

Attachments

• computer.JPG
    computer.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 217
I'm planning to buy this system, please tell if there is anything that is wise to change:

Change the PSU, that Cooler Master one is an overrated pile of crap. It might manage 450W before it goes way out of spec. Get a Corsair HX650W, Antec TruePower New 650W or a Seasonic X Series 650W or a Seasonic M12II-620W if you want some headroom to go GTX 460 SLI. If you don't just get the 550W or 520W versions of those same PSU's. That would still be way more than enough but you would be able to upgrade to a top end card like a GTX 580 at any point.

Change the ram, keep the Sabertooth motherboard. The other one you've linked isn't a full ATX board. The only other motherboards I'd consider replacing it with at that price range is the Asus P6X58D-E, but its not actually any better, its just not brown like the Sabertooth and the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. The Gigabyte might be a little better but its a close call really. If you're fine with the looks of the Sabertooth then get that.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've chosen for a 850W PSU and this is the rest of the list:

Please tell if this list is good, and then I will order one of the upcoming days.

Attachments

• computer.JPG
    computer.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 190
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've chosen for a 850W PSU and this is the rest of the list:

Please tell if this list is good, and then I will order one of the upcoming days.

The TX850W is a waste of money too. Its an old design and there are a lot better PSU's on the market now. Its also not modular. You'll only need 850W if you want to go GTX 480 or 580 SLI. A 650W would be fine for GTX 460 SLI and a 750W fine for GTX 470 SLI. If you are just going to stick with one card then the most you'll ever need will be a good 550W.

If you want modular get this and if you don't, get this.

I'd also change the CPU cooler to the Corsair A70 or the Thermalright Venomous X

Peter
are you sure you are going with a DVD ROm and not a DVDRW? :)
http://www.4launch.nl/shop/#p-4-productid-083703

the psu may be old, but still is great by todays standard
and it is never to have to much for future use if during the next course of the year you see something better and want to upgrade
cabled or modular is down to preference....as both have their greatness and weakness.
in the end if you have a great case with great cable management, then it should be no problem to hide the cables :wink:

Just realised that I need a DVDRW just before you posted Chris :)
I have decided to go with the antec PSU, at the moment 650W should be more than sufficient, and in the future it is always possible to upgrade.
I have 1 other question: I see my motherboard supports SATA600, is a SATA 600 a big improvement over a SATA300 Harddisk?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%