PC and PS4 Wheel

I am looking for a wheel that is compatible with both PC and PS4. The main games I play are on the PC, being Assetto Corsa, F1 2014, Grid Autosport and Game Stock Exchange. However, I want to get something that is PS4 compatible as I will probably end up buying future games on PS4, such as Project Cars, F1 2015 etc.

Any recommendations? Needs to be available in UK ideally and looking for something decent, but without spending too much if possible. I have been looking at the Thrustmaster T300 GTE wheel and would probably get the Ferrari F1 rim too in time but wanted to know the options available before I buy anything.

Cheers all!

Only two wheels available currently assuming you want a FFB wheel, the T500RS and T300. Both are solid choices, both have pros and cons. The T300 is smoother, but the T500RS has slight more force. The T500RS pedals are better than the T300 pedals, however you can use T500 or T3PA pedals with a T300.

Upvote 0
i had been looking at the T300RS GTE but a tad pricey as I am more of a casual sim racer. I used to have the G25 but sold it when I got my PS4 and been looking for something that is PC/PS4 compatible at about G25 price point. Seems like nothing on the market yet though?!?!

What about non-FFB wheels? I have seen the T80 and T100 by Thrustmaster but not sure if they are PC compatible?!

Upvote 0
T100 is supported on PC and PS4 also. I've read some reports that the T80 is PC compatible even though Thrustmaster doesn't specifically state that it is, I don't know for sure. I also don't know much about the T100's FFB, haven't really read any reviews on it.

Upvote 0
The T80 is an official PS4 wheel, but has a bungee cord not FFB motors... Steer clear.

The T100 is similar to the DFGT: slightly better pedals but only 270 degrees rotation. It does have FFB which in the few discussions I've seen about them appears to be on a par with DFGT quality. Note that like the T500 it will work in game on PS4 only if the game maker specifically adds it, but not in PS4 menus. So far we know it works with Driveclub and pCARS, but there are no guarantees it'll work with all sims on the PS4 going forward.

T100 has PC drivers: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=364&cid=12

In PC sims the T100 would be quite a big step down from your old G25. Sadly there's nothing at that old price point anymore with PC and console compatibility: the G27 is still being sold but more expensive than the G25 was with no PS4 support, Fanatec makes a couple of wheels in that price range with also only PC/PS3 support. T300 is the cheapest way to have PS4 support with a decent 900 degrees wheel which happens to be a clear step up from the G25, but the price is a relatively big step up too.

Upvote 0
I used to have the T80 wheel, it was ok, nothing more. Not compatible with pc.
I traded it in and got a DFGT instead, which is miles better! SoI upgraded my pc, cancelled my preorder of project cars on ps4 and preordered on pc instead.
I have assetto corsa, Stock car extreme, Raceroom with DTM 14, Race 07!
Try getting those on PS4! Sony operate like big brother, I don't like their attitude so I'm not giving em my money!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing