PayPal.me not accepted here

Solution
Staff
Premium
paypal.me/stampza i try this but it said "please match the require format"
OK this one turns out to be simple: you haven't included the https:// at the start.
The link that's already in your current 2 mods (https://paypal.me/stampza?locale.x=th_TH) works perfectly when I test it. (For info, the "?locale..." stuff is optional.)
currently issued links use the paypal.me domain. Can you log into paypal and copy the link again and see if it givces you the new type please?
I see, it works. But dont you think its bad to have to include that the website is loaded in my native language?
paypal has alot of redirect urls, so i dont understand why i have to include "?locale.x=nl_NL"
as obv its an optional arg to work
Yes i could change it to english, but why should i have to| however its nice that it indeed works now

edit: honestly why do you even only support paypal?

Last edited:
But dont you think its bad to have to include that the website is loaded in my native language?
paypal has alot of redirect urls, so i dont understand why i have to include "?locale.x=nl_NL"

Yes I do and that was an unintentional error in the filter and is now fixed. Thanks for reporting it as such instead of insinutating that I intentionally wanted to give everyone a shitty experience. :thumbsup:

edit: honestly why do you even only support paypal?
Because with PayPal we know they have at least some amount of good policy and resource to keep users and their data/payment information safe and we have a duty of care to our users to not send them places that are less than stellar in that regard. If you know of any alternatives I'm happy to look into them and present them internally for consideration when time allows.

OK thanks. That one's pretty clearly failing to work because it isn't a https://www.paypal.me/ link at all. Have you tried creating one? (Just click on that link to start the process.)
It seems that this option is not available to use in Brazil, it redirect the service to the ".com" there is nothing I can do to change it, at least as far as my knowledge goes. I searched everywhere and got stuck to this, which is the main reason I posted the question to the thread.
Could you guys allow the ".com"? I believe the functionality is the same as I got the donate button and a page with options to donate enabled.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: This link you provided also redirected me to the ".com" service.

Last edited:
What you are trying to insert is a so called hosted button which we don't support. We only allow the current paypal.me format.

Maybe check with Paypal why your country isn't supported? Here is the current list of countries who do support this system https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/pages/countries

Brazilian here. Unfortunately for Brazil, Paypal never released paypal.me, although in their support page there were messages from 2018~19 saying that it was about to be launched "soon". Well, here we are almost in 2023 without it.

They actually allow us to generate a donation link, however it's a regular Paypal link (something like paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id={your_id}) which is essentially the same as the paypal.me. Wouldn't it be possible to allow an exception in this site for these type of links?

We currently only support the paypal.me donation type. We might consider alternatives in the future.

Have you reached out to Paypal why it's still not supported in your country?
Yes. I contacted their support page, and they told me they have no plans to launch paypal.me in our country for the time being. I asked them why, but I got no proper answer. They only said that Paypal is an American service and some features are not available in my country. Maybe (emphasis on the word maybe) in future they can support it, but no dates were given :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 273 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 135 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.6%