Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Ratings:
    +421
    Beautiful track, Patrick, thanks! I had forgotten how much fun Paul Ricard is... I just had an interesting race with Marcas there. However, the AI is very very slow in the first corners leading to the main straight... I could consistently gain 0.5-1s per lap there, pretty much (with the AI at 107%).

3. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +5,917
    I used Keith AI which is really better than the original one, but It seems that AI can always be better. ^^
    I never run offline so it is not a thing I master at all but I am aware I have to think about poeple running offline.

So... Hmmmm, Keith?
    Sorry to add you some job each time I update a track :roflmao:

4. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +602
    Yes I will definitely take a look, it was a few years ago now, I don't remember doing much to this one, just made sure they would run cleanly, so hopefully it can be improved more.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  5. Pudu

Pudu

Ratings:
    +82
    Sorry for a quick off topic question. I used to edit a lot of AIW files several years ago for rFactor, but now I'm totally clueless. What's the best editor for doing these for GSC?

I have a fair number of tracks which are great apart from one or two places where the cars clip the corner or slam the curb so hard that they flip. ( It would be great if the Reiza lads could tweak the engine to prevent the annoying roll-over physics.)

Thanks for any guidance.

6. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +602
    This should be an improvement, the AI are now about 2 seconds quicker per lap overall(using F3 as test at 100%, lap times went from 1:21.2 in the original to 1:19.3 with this new AIW, so this should be a much improved race line).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/83vribgqmprxw3b/PaulRicard_1988.AIW

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Ratings:
    +421
    Hey there, I just wanted to thank you guys. I've had very little time to race lately, which is why it took me this long.

I re-did my Marcas race today, and what had been a leading-by-20s cruise became one of the best offline races I ever had (after I toned the AI strength down to 105% :whistling:). I was overtaken and overtook, I took some hits and gave some, 20 minutes of almost non-stop action until I managed to prevail 0.7s ahead of 2nd place... now I need to lie down a bit.

Thanks for the great track and AI!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,324
    Thanks for the great track, I've been enjoying it around here. A good conversion!

One note is that the AI will almost completely stop on the exit of the final turn if they want to go into the pits. Not a big deal, really, but just thought I'd point it out.

9. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon

Ratings:
    +5,917
    Even with the AI from Keith?

10. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,324
    My bad, I thought you'd updated it into the main download. I'll try again and let you know.