Pau-Arnos (French race track) 2020

Tracks Pau-Arnos (French race track) 2020 v0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Waterworld-BE submitted a new resource:

Pau-Arnos (French race track) 2020 - Circuit Européen de Pau-Arnos, alpha version (!)

This is my very first version of this track, located NW of the city of PAU in France. Actually, this is what I did make out of it while discovering the possibilities of RTB... The environment is crude, and the track is a bit bumpy (is because of the insufficiency of triangles in the road).

Please remember that this is an alpha version ! But the track is relatively correct (based on the 2020 layout), drive-able and there are some cameras for replay (though not always well located...

Read more about this resource...

Waterworld-BE updated Pau-Arnos (French race track) 2020 with a new update entry:

New version ! (v0.4)

For this first beta, I started from scratch. The track is now way smoother ! The AI is working, so you can do a practice race. I won't have much time to work on this track in the next 2 months or so, so I share what I've got now so you can (hopefully) enjoy it !

For now I concentrated on the track, trying to make it as close to the real one as possible. I used the Google's data (images and heights) for this, as well as my own video footage of the track. Please remember that this is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Here is an extension file to add grassFx to your track....
simply create a extension directory in your track directory and put the ext_config file in it.

Screenshot - 22_06_2020 , 12_09_18.png

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    390 bytes · Views: 130
Waterworld-BE updated Pau-Arnos (French race track) 2020 with a new update entry:

v0.5

Well, I picked up where I left a couple of months ago... This update has an improved and somewhat more realistic track. I also removed some imperfections in the terrain close to the track.

Again this is a work in progress: I concentrated on the track and less on the environment. It actually has a kind of naked environment (removed most trees compared to previous version), but I added a building (is actually a test). The AI is supposed to work (and I didn't continue working on the...

v0.6

Hi all,

I've just updated my track. In this update the track has been cleaned from (near initial) mistakes, I've improved some visual contents and I've added trees to make the track visually better/more attractive (though some of them are temporary).

View attachment 448092

View attachment 448093

View attachment 448094

View attachment 448095

View attachment 448096

I hope you'll enjoy...

Thierry

The ui_track.json can use a bit of attention.
The tag "original" is meant for original content (as in: Kunos content).
There are no geo-tags, and no author/URL/version is added.
(see attached)

May I suggest to move the hotlap starting position? Ideally a few hundred meters before the last corner.

Some of the trees look okay, although you would be better off using Y-trees and not X-trees for the 2D ones. But some, especially the ones in the last corner, look quite bad.

I can't complain though, as the track itself is great :)
Keep on going! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• ui_track.json
    494 bytes · Views: 74
Thanks for the suggestions !!! I sure appreciate it. I will incorporate them in the next version.

I know the trees are not what it should be. Some are actually really ugly and out of place ! :D I actually put them there so the environment seem less empty, though the real track is surrounded by trees. I admit I had trouble to find 3D trees for tracks (low-poly but realistic)... I will look further into it. Thanks !!!

Thierry

Hi. The track is getting better and better but i have one thing that drives me crazy. The grass at the edges of curbs where they meet is black...?! can be done something about it ? i tried quickly some changes in .ini but no change.

Kismaci85, I haven't looked into it right now, but I guess it's because the underlying image is a satellite image which might (I'm careful) include a black spot... Changing an INI file will not help in that case. But feel free to correct me: I'm very far from knowing all the subtleties of the game engine... I'm learning the hard way. ;)

Kismaci85, I get what you mean. As I've been concentrating on the track itself, I haven't payed attention on the sides of the track... I will modify that in the next version. :)

Last edited:
Waterworld-BE, oh i barely scratch the surface in knowledge about AC so no, i cant correct you :) Just minimal things and grass fx, rain fx is my "big" knowledge :D.
But i really like the flow of this track and now is quite nice to drive with the trees, even if they are not perfect. So thank you for your hard work !

Last edited:
Hi. The track is getting better and better but i have one thing that drives me crazy. The grass at the edges of curbs where they meet is black...?! can be done something about it ? i tried quickly some changes in .ini but no change.
This might be due to a specific version of CSP you're using. I'm on 0.1.71 and have no issues with it.

Oh, @Waterworld-BE , I forgot to mention the track map. The background is black, you might want to make that transparent. (it's a PNG file but somehow Photoshop and such only open it if you rename it to JPG. Then just save as PNG again).

Oh, @Waterworld-BE , I forgot to mention the track map. The background is black, you might want to make that transparent. (it's a PNG file but somehow Photoshop and such only open it if you rename it to JPG. Then just save as PNG again).

I understand that, but when I play it, the background of the track map is indeed darker but with some transparency (like 50%) so it didn't really bother me. The 'advantage' of the darker background is that it improves the contrast of the track map. But I can make it completely transparent, no sweat. :) (that's very easy to do, compared to all the rest :D)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back