Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Actually, as Rene7 said earlier, it works when you have UIData installed (just done that a minute ago). Didn't need to change anything in the files like liaojun suggested, as mine were already OK. Still the installation path is a bit weird, it adds a GSC2013\GameData\Vehicles\F12014PAT folder which is almost empty and a GSC2013\GameData\Vehicles\F_Extreme\F12014 folder with several "Teams" folders inside ...

Ok I just fixed it now so it should work with both UI Data's. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.All the folder is necessary... 1 contains the Safety Car which is separate... adding it with the extreme folder makes the safety car available to chose but crashes the game, because it is set to No AI in the .veh file. Taking out the No AI will then let the safety car appear on track when you drive offline and select Ai... lol.
As for the Team inside the Teams folder... that was a mistake... Uploading to the simsync server... I copied the Teams inside Teams and not F1 2014 Folder... You can just delete it the re run sync again. :D

BTW - I don't know if you guyts know this but the RFE guys are now helping Reiza with GSC and the next update will feature the new tyres with visual and physical flat-spotting and degradation. It will also pick up dirt and you'll be able to see tyre deformation like when there is a puncture on it.

I would also like to point this mod to use the extreme's tyre sets as it seems to be the best way to go. if there's anyone out there who are remotely good at fiddling with the game files... and if you're willing to assist me in getting this done... please let me know.
For now - just re-sync. Changes include new upgrade files for tyre sets. Which reminds me... one cannot tell ai to use certain set of tyres for certain tracks... UNLESS you move the set you want to use to the top in each car's upgrade.ini file. But I am currently writing a standalone app with which you can select either the tyre set you want, or the track, then the app will re-write all the necessary files so that the AI uses the correct set as well.

I also want to pre-program it to re-write a track's .gdb file with pitstop strategies so that AI pit when they should... as they did in the real race for each GP or otherwise a randomize strategy button...

Only problem I have right now is somehow also forcing AI to change to the option and prime tyre during a race. (Harder or Softer) tyre.

Thanks Angelq114! Got rfDynHUD it up and running. But there seems to be a problem with stuttering. Frame rate shows to still be excellent, but there is a lot of stuttering. I searched around the net looking for a fix but only saw that several have experienced the same problem. The common idea is that rfDynHUD seems to take a lot of cpu cycles to run. And yes, I am using Java 6, Win 7 64, Phenom II x4 965, Radeon R9 280X. I would think that would be plenty of power. With or without rfDynHUD running I get well over 100-150 fps with 20+ cars and all graphics settings maxxed, but the stuttering appears only when running rfDynHUD. I tried reducing shadows as well, and still get same stuttering. Anyone have the same issue or any ideas for a fix?

Angelq117 updated Patrick34 F1 2014 Mod with a new update entry:

Fixed the path issue some people were experiencing with default UI.

Fixed the Mod path so that it now works fine with the default UI (My apologies for missing it, because with my UI it was working fine)
I also redone the Dash for Red Bull - so the font doesn't seem "Blurrish"
And I also reworked some upgrade files so that tyre sets will now change on the car visually as well as physically.

P.S. Still working on getting tyres to change visually between compounds during a race.
Also still busy with the moving DRS flap.

Feel free to join Racing League SA...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I also had it but the wombat.dll files seemed to fix it for me. Maybe just because I am using a Nvidia card with PhysX which I know these old games seem to prefer. But I am not able to elaborate on a definite solution. Sorry bud. Anyone else have a solution?

I suppose that could be the problem, IDK. If there was any way to get either PhysX working on a Radeon card or a PhysX equivalent I could try it. Just don't know of any. I'll keep researching, but thanks again. Anyone else have any ideas?

I have the same problem. No idea of a fix, I can only say it has only been happening since the last couple of updates, it used to work fine for me on older versions.
Sadly, I have had to stop using it because of this stuttering.

I have downloaded this track 4 times. After installing in game, while loading, track "hangs" at the beginning of progress bar. If I press Enter key, I get a CTD. I noticed in the scn file a line MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS; I don't have a "SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS" file. Could that be the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

FraPP!!!

I have downloaded this track 4 times. After installing in game, while loading, track "hangs" at the beginning of progress bar. If I press Enter key, I get a CTD. I noticed in the scn file a line MASFile=SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS; I don't have a "SkyEuroAltHazy.MAS" file. Could that be the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

FraPP!!!
Sounds like you might have problem with forlder structure. Is your track folder /Locations/SR_LeMans or is it like /Locations/LeMans2014_GSCEx_V1.1/SR_LeMans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%