MGP14 Patch is out

According to the official FB page the patch has been released.

The first patch for MotoGP™14 is out now on Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita and on PlayStation®4*

Here is the official changelog:

✓ Fixed tyre compound texture color
✓ Fixed AI qualification times
✓ Fixed custom rider corruption in Showroom (PS4 ONLY)
✓ Fixed missing hands in cockpit view (PSVita ONLY)
✓ Fixed winning picture in magazine
✓ Fixed engine sound during free camera
✓ Fixed ideal trajectory toggle
✓ Fixed Safety Car skid marks and particles
✓ Improved Safety Car engine sound

*Windows PC® and Steam will be announced later.

We have been running with the exact same patch on xbox 360 for months..

We got it early.

It does nothing really. Apart from give you 20 seconds rather than 15 seconds in the pre-race pits screen to load your bike set-up.

Don't hold your breath..sorry but this patch will not do much at all. It certainly will not solve any of your problems even if you manage to install it.

On pc you have my sympathies.

grT

Guys, we've just discovered something important on the xbox 360 version. The patch, although it is not included or mentioned in the change-log, rectifies the infamous tyre wear problem i.e. tyre grip falling off a cliff after 5 laps or so. You can now run 15 lap races with tyre wear on. Last few laps it has the feel of turning down/off tcs but it is perfectly rideable/playable. Try it for yourself!

grT :)

At least the PC guys have the bonus of being able to mod certain things. I know you've mentioned that physics bug on consoles wher it looks like you're a fair way from the bike but you end up crashing off. I think there was a mod on here called the 4 sec physics mod which I assumed was exactly for that issue. It's half price on steam right now till Monday so I'm tempted to get it for a blast as I have some in my steam wallet.

At least the PC guys have the bonus of being able to mod certain things. I know you've mentioned that physics bug on consoles wher it looks like you're a fair way from the bike but you end up crashing off. I think there was a mod on here called the 4 sec physics mod which I assumed was exactly for that issue. It's half price on steam right now till Monday so I'm tempted to get it for a blast as I have some in my steam wallet.

Hi Jimbo.

I think it's a "detection" issue on the consoles i.e. the game is not accurately detecting the presence and proximity of the other bikes around you on the track. Sometimes it gets it wrong. Sometimes, even with clear air between the bikes, you suffer "collisions". This effect can be quite random I think.

However, the biggest flaw in this whole game is the collisions model. In my personal view it's "pants". Front wheels win over rear wheels in collisions. Most of the time. Which is just plain wrong. As we all know from real life motorcycle racing. You touch someone with your front tyre and you are the person who should go down. Not the person in front of you who you have hit. We have addressed this issue directly with the Milestone motogp14 development team, both in English and in Italian(!), and even they themselves admit that the collisions model is flawed. That's from the horse's mouth although really Milestone's admission of this fact is just confirming the obvious to those who play the game..

This is why we run collisions off league championships on xbox. If you turn collisions on for league championships it just all becomes arguably too arcade. With collisions on it certainly bears no resemblance to real life racing that is for sure. It's nowhere near.

The collisions model is clearly at fault here.

There are rumours that Milestone may have lost the Dorna licence for next year. Which I personally hope is not the case. If they retain the licence the priority must be to significantly upgrade the collisions model. At least now Milestone have accepted and recognised the pressing need to do this..

Best to all, Tracey :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back