F1 2012 Patch #9 is out :)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I saw this at the codemasters forum :)

F1 2012 – PC Patch #9 News

Today sees patch #9 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issues:

• Made some improvements to the online game so car positions should be more accurate and less twitchy at high speeds.
  • Made some PC Framerate improvements for those people who had an FPS drop after patches.
  • Fixed the wheel weight property so that it will now work correctly
  • Fixed the final results screen for the client in a Co-op session so they see their stats not the hosts.
  • Fixed two infrequent crashes.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

We are working on other issues you have reported via the forums, Facebook and Twitter and are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

It's not , in fact it's from what i can see at this stage even worse than before.

They really need to fix this stutter FPS issue for good.

Cheers all.

What I discovered yesterday (when I used a fresh installation because it kinda annoyed me) is that F1 2012 will start stuttering if you're using more than 10 2xHD skins for AI cars. F1 2012 never used more than 12GB RAM, despite more RAM being free, and I think that's probably related when using 2xHD skins. Don't know if you're using them but might be worth a shot.

Indeed you are onto something here for sure Tom, just had a near stutter free test session at Singapore which to me anyway suffered the most from this.

I kept some of my HD skins and swapped out about 6 or so of the teams i don't normally race with anyway and the results are very good indeed.

Very good find here mate, well done.

Still a little way to go before it's completely stutter free, but it's a huge step forward.

Cheers mate.

Reactions: Tom
Some of the others (me included) probably don't :O_o:

Because it generally helps prevent the repeated questions like, 'How do I know if patch xxx is installed?' :)

Tom Endres & Michael - That's interesting, would it not be down to the on-board graphics memory of your video card? I would have thought that the card's texture memory would hold it all, but I suppose the texture fillrate and bandwidth makes a difference also.

I wonder whether it's worth monitoring with GPU-Z?

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2173/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.6.5.html

Tom Endres & Michael - That's interesting, would it not be down to the on-board graphics memory of your video card? I would have thought that the card's texture memory would hold it all, but I suppose the texture fillrate and bandwidth makes a difference also.

I'm not sure but I think it's using normal RAM as well - my GFX card has 2GB onboard memory and that's pretty top end. :)

Yeah, that should be way more than enough, and with a 2GB card it's obviously pretty recent.

As far as I know, you are also using and SSD too aren't you? So that should eliminate the hard drive as a source of the issue.

It' makes you wonder whether the EGO engine can cut the mustard when it come to handling multiple HD textures

My guess is that all the textures are loaded on the GPU RAM.
I've tried to play with my car using 8192 textures + AI cars with 4096. FPS were good, but i had some hangs. Like if the game paused for a 0.1 second. This happened 3-4 times during a single lap, so i believe the ego engine loads all the textures in the vram when you get to the track and it stays there. By the way my Vram is 1GB and my DDR is 8GB so i don't think this would happen if textures were loaded on the system ram. Even if tracks and everything besides cars loaded 2GB of ram, it would be possible to play with all cars using 8192 textures. Noticed that 2HD cars have 160MB textures so that should be 2GB cars + 2GB for the rest of textures, "should" be good to play with much less ram than Tom have.

It' makes you wonder whether the EGO engine can cut the mustard when it come to handling multiple HD textures

I think that's the problem, yes. What I'm using should be sufficient even if I'd use more HD textures, I hope.

Intel i7-3770 3.45GHz
Corsair DDR3 PC3-12800 - 4 x 4 GB (16 GB)
GTX680 2GB
OCZ Agility 3 - 60GB SSD - AGT3-25SAT3-60G (Win7 Pro)
OCZ Agility 3 - 180GB SSD - AGT3-25SAT3-60G (F1 2012)

;)

Stop making me jelly Tom!

Anyhow, never did felt any stutter. Or was I preoccupied? There's some cases where I've felt it stuttered, but... *Cue X-files music*

Wheel weight, I didn't feel any noticeable change as of the moment.

Well im using all cars 2HD skins, and the patch #9 has completely fixed my FPS issues. Im getting far better frame rates than i've ever had with this game since i bought it.

70fps in TT mode
and 50-55 in career mode race.

I finally have the game i've been wanting!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%