F1 2011 Patch #2 Update: November 9, 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
taken from the codemasters forum.

"For those of you who have read the Patch Process thread , Step 1 & 2 have now been completed; many thanks to all of you who provided as much information as possible on the issues you have encountered. The patch has now been submitted to MS and Sony (Step 3) for their testing and approval prior to prepping it for release. Once the patch has passed submission we'll update the fix list with the finalised patch notes."

hope MS and Sony don't take too long.....

im not too hopeful, i mean how much could really be fixed? if the guys actually spent time on it instead of twittering all the time then maybe it will be fixed properly. i guess we will have to wait and see.

They had this on there about a week ago... I don't expect to hear anything more for at least another week probably even more....

I thought it was the same thing as well Peter, but under further scrutiny i discoved the change was that they had finished the patch and submitted it for approval. Last week they were still testing the patch themselves.

Time Trial and Time Attack leaderboards will be reset upon patch release

Unfortunately, we will have to wipe both Time Trial and Time Attack leaderboards. Part of the fix for this issue involves upgrading the ghost car system so that only ghosts from patch 2 onwards will be posted to the leaderboards. This functionality is necessary to prevent players from uploading ghosts created on earlier versions of the game after patching. This change to the ghost car system will also result in locally-held ghosts from previous versions of the game being overwritten. This allows players to set new fastest times in the latest version of the game (otherwise it would be impossible to compete against times generated using the modified car setups and no one would be able to post new times to the leaderboards).

Whilst car setups cannot be modified in Time Attack modes, the second patch also fixes some other bugs that could result in bad times being generated. These other issues have been less prevalent in the Time Attack modes. However, scheduling a wipe of all leaderboards is the only means of ensuring the integrity of all of the leaderboards following the release of the second patch.

Everything seems fine to me, but the only two things that is pissing me off about this patch coming out is that they wont update the DRS zones and they wont update the new drivers

yes, so we need to be patient . I will be glad to wait till end of year if it meant everything would be fixed. unfortunately, this wont be the case. the patch will be rushed out just like the game itself and then we might even have more bugs, just like last year.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 244 13.5%