F1 2012 Patch #2 available within the next 24 hours

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
From codemasters website:

Further to our “Patch News” post the other day, we’re pleased to inform you that the second PC patch will be going live on Steam within the next 24 hours.

This update contains in excess of 200 fixes and improvements for F1 2012 including the following major updates:

• Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed
  • Players ranked 6 are now able to see online sessions hosted by other players
  • Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé
  • Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times
  • AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time
  • Fixed an issue where players using voice communication might experience a crash when plugging in a mic
  • Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge
  • Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits
  • Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
  • Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed
  • AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted
  • Positioning of the top 4 ranked players on PC leaderboards has been corrected. Leaderboards will be reset later today in order to update player rankings. (Once players complete another online race they will be added back on to the leaderboard with all their stats intact)
  • Driver name plates can now be seen
  • Numerous graphical improvements made such as flicker on rain/ground textures, interface positioning and correction of some track surfaces that showed incorrect weather
  • Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras
  • Numerous textual and localisation fixes included

New Known Issue
  • On certain hardware, when the player’s car goes into shadow the whole screen flickers. This can be worked around by setting Shadows to Low or Ultra Low in My F1 -> Graphics. This issue will be addressed in the next patch.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

We are working on other issues you have reported via the forums, Facebook and Twitter and are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

Assuming it all works well, they have excelled themselves this time. After the pretty poor patch support in the last 2 games, this is a good sign. Kudos to them. :)

They could have saved themselves a lot of grief, if they had released a public PC beta, just over a couple of weeks they could have had an idea of what problems there were, and a handle on how to fix them.

Perhaps a bit less of touting the console game around the shows, without the PC game getting any public airing, would have been in order. (no offence to console owners intended).

Yeah, it looks like it, I got a 106 Mb download @ Steam for F1 2012

const char * version = "Master Universal.815819 25/09/2012 19:41 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815819;

I know the Patch version is on this forum somewhere ...... just got to find it.

EDIT: Found this for patch 1 in another post : -

const char * version = "Master Universal.815303 25/09/2012 11:45 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815303;

F1 2012 Install folder - game_version.txt

Got kinda confused with this as I didn't notice a download happening when I opened steam up. Looked in my F1 folder and the F1 executable was missing :confused: . Had steam do a file integrity check and it then downloaded some files. Those files could have been the original car skins though, as I;d replaced with modded ones. Anyway, the version number is 815303 (as above), so I guess I;ll just copy my modded (backed up) cars folder again and should be ok then.

Could the patch be the reason why my game has started crashing around about the time you were discussing it being out?

I checked under downloads earlier and it said updated at 12.25 today.

I wish steam would tell me it was updating or something. I think I need to re install

Could the patch be the reason why my game has started crashing around about the time you were discussing it being out?

I checked under downloads earlier and it said updated at 12.25 today.

I wish steam would tell me it was updating or something. I think I need to re install

Generally steam is not downloading / installing a patch/update when you are in game

Try to right click the game, go to properties , local files tab and click verify integrity of game cache

Does it say how big the download was?
About 106 Mb, I just caught a glimpse of the Steam update notice and download window, before it disappeared into the ether .... :)

I wish there was a visible download log ....

EDIT: There is a log. It's in your Steam folder = steam.log

I won't post all of it here, but you can see the file cache being created and the files deleted.

Example :-

Cache Status Sep-27-2012 17:40:46.564 [2936] Cache(208501) deleting local file actionmap\Dual Analog Pad NEW.xml
Cache Status Sep-27-2012 17:40:46.566 [2936] Cache(208501) deleting local file actionmap\Dual Analog Rumble Pad NEW.xml
Cache Status Sep-27-2012 17:40:46.570 [2936] Cache(208501) deleting local file actionmap\Fanatec Porsche Wheel.xml
Cache Status Sep-27-2012 17:40:49.213 [2936] Cache(208502) deleting local file F1_2012.exe
Cache Status Sep-27-2012 17:40:49.216 [2936] Cache(208502) deleting local file game_version.txt

Cache Status Sep-27-2012 17:40:49.218 [2936] Cache(208502) deleting local file win_000.nfs

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back