PC1 Patch 1.4 FFB

Honestly, for my G27, they have messed it up even more :(
I started a clean profile. Most of the defaults are the same as 1.3. Force feedback is now at 100.
For my Logi profile I run at 100/0/0/0.
With these settings there is massive clipping in even the slightest turn. I had to drop down to tire force 25 before things were acceptable. Problem is, it now feels as lifeless as 1.3 did.
This is a huge disappointment. All they seem to have done with FFB is put a multiplier on tire force.
The default cars setups haven't changed either and each still has, for some unknown reason, 0.10 fx smoothing.
I was hoping that they really would give us FFB on a par with AC/rf2/R3E etc.
I hope those of you with other wheels have a better experience than I have.
I think I'll just uninstall pCars and move on.
It's just so very, very disappointing.

Works pretty good on a G25 but if You want STRONG FFB and no CLIPPING I think You gotta move on from the Logitec wheels (Leo Bodnar etc).

Some reactions on this forum on new patch : "first impressions after running a few laps in the clio withdefault ffb in the tuning section is that the ffb effects are much stronger and can feel alot more bumps and grooves in the road. The regional lobby lock has been removed and now only shows good and ok lobby connections using green and yellow on the right side. Thats all ive tested so far"

" default ffb -- and tbh im not 100% sure im using it, bc it feels so much like the jack spade package i was using -- is now really, really good. console users are in for a real treat & im really glad SMS adopted/adapted his settings. the soapy/glassy 'pure' feeling is gone, theres great connectedness to the road & car, if before this had better ffb than console games offered, any console racer is going to think theyve died & gone to heaven"

"Things felt good. I was glad I didn't have to redo a bunch of settings."

I backed up my old profile and started fresh as well and had the massive centering spring effect while driving but now I could not remove it by setting Deadzone Falloff to the right at .10.

I closed the game and put my old profile back in place and all was well again.

Hope you still have your old profile.

i did a fresh install and im not sure im seeing much difference, apart from slightly heavier ffb. The centre ffb deadzone is still there. SO I'm not getting any real feedback until the wheel is slightly turned. Think may just live with this fact the the cars have very good damping, like luxury cars lol.

Im wondering will jack spades tweaker files be compatible with the new update and changed FFB? So i can just stick them in and just play.?!

FROM jack:

Concerning patch 1.4

The tweaker files settings or the individual car setup FFB menu settings are NOT affected, just the global wheel presets could be. If some type of wheels feel much stronger than before
simply reduce Tire Force. I checked the patch with a new game profile and the precious one for me there´s no difference, so don´t delete your profile if you want to preserve your
carrier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing