Pascal Vasselon: "Ferrari F60 is outside the regulations"

Ferrari could find themselves in hot water at the start of this season after Toyota questioned the legality of the new F60.

According to Toyota's technical director Pascal Vasselon, Ferrari's 2009 challenger contravenes the rules.

"The Ferrari has a few illegal features, like the (exposed) exhaust pipe," Vasselon told the BBC. "We expect that to change as it is outside the regulations."

However, Vasselon concedes that many of the teams aren't yet using the actual cars that will be raced at the season-opening Australian GP.

"We are expecting to see lots of major changes in the next few weeks," he added. "If you look at the different cars, some of them look quite agricultural."

Dunno if this needs to be merge with release thread.

jeeeeh, they are already poking up the fire for the next season. Toyota is high on my personal list and that they dare to take it up to Ferrari verbally is a good sign.

"If you look at the different cars, some of them look quite agricultural."

Vasselon:peace:

I believe so MS. With the stop on in-season testing and development I think we are unlikely to see peoples complete cars untill the last 1 or 2 official tests. MAybe even after.

D00d take your blog reporting somewhere else. EVERYONE knows that the versions of the cars that you see now are nowhere near where they will be come Melbourne. EVERY team has said this MULTIPLE times. Instead of chopping a quote to pieces to make some outrageous claim, lets have some journalistic integrity (even if we arent journalists)
"No, I don’t think so. The clarification that the exhaust pipe had to comply with the bodywork rule came mid-September, so I guess that they had already released the bodywork for the roll-out. Still it seems that they had time to react but they decided not to react but you’d have to ask them why not."
So we expect the Ferrari rear bodywork to change quite quickly because it’s outside the regulations.
So the guy that you allege claims that the Ferrari car is illegal says himself that Ferrari will change their body work in time for the season, so that it will not be found to be illegal. Kinda a different story isnt it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%