F1 2012 Parc Fermé

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anyone else experienced parc fermé rules in changing wheather conditions? I qualified in rain at Melbourne but the race should be dry but I wasn't allowed to change settings between qualify and race!

34) POST QUALIFYING PARC FERME
"
- if the FIA technical delegate is satisfied that changes in climatic conditions necessitate alterations to the specification of a car, changes may be made to the air ducts around the front and rear brakes and radiator ducts. These changes may be made at any time after the message “CHANGE IN CLIMATIC CONDITIONS” is shown on the timing monitors, from this point the choice of air ducts around the front and rear brakes and radiator ducts is free and pitot tubes may be covered or uncovered, subject always to compliance with the relevant Technical Regulations.
"
Maybe there is something else. :)

Yes that is right, its your job to know that could rain in the race :)
Ps: you can change the front wing ;)
Yea but my problem is that if it rains in qual and dry in race, obvious choice is to qualify with dry setup in the rain. I sacrifice some time during qual because I could go a couple seconds faster with wet setup. But the AI's, they're fast in both conditions as if they're changing their setups from wet to dry to wet. Even during changing conditions in race.

Of course I don't know if it's true, but I have no reason to disbelieve it. I read that the AI just use the default setup ...... no changes in any conditions, i.e the 'balanced' setup.

That would be logical from a programming point of view I suppose, less variables to handle .....

One area I would like to see introduced is the ability to change your front wing angle (take wing off or add more wing) at the pitstop as they do in real life to help the car at different phases of the race......

One area I would like to see introduced is the ability to change your front wing angle (take wing off or add more wing) at the pitstop as they do in real life to help the car at different phases of the race......

I remember that being possible at all times in F1 2012 but maybe they thought it's just too many buttons for the average player. It would be possible tho since currently there's only UP (Fuel), RIGHT (Tyres) & DOWN (Brakes) arrows visible in the menu - left is unused. :)

• Deleted member 90535

I remember that being possible at all times in F1 2012 but maybe they thought it's just too many buttons for the average player. It would be possible tho since currently there's only UP (Fuel), RIGHT (Tyres) & DOWN (Brakes) arrows visible in the menu - left is unused. :)
You meant 2010, didn't you? ;) Unless you now something, we don't :)

In 2010 you could change your wing on track as that was introduced for overtaking (which didnt work) but Im referring more to the ability to change the wing angle at the pit stops as you sometimes see on TV to help balance the car as the fuel loads come off or in changeable conditions.......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back