Resource icon

Tracks Paramount Ranch 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great little track! I don't know when maeckie created this but I have had it in my GTL since 2015. I planned to update it for GTR2 with correct topography and background eventually but other projects were a higher priority.
Here is part of his original readme:

""Set in the heart of the Santa Monica Mountains National Park this Historic Race Track has a unique and memorable history.
It was crafted one spring day back in 1956, when the late and Great Ken Miles (winner of Sebring/Le Mans) drove a VW Bus around the hillsides and planned it all out in a single day!....the rest as they say is history. "

Another ghosted track from the past, Paramount Ranch Racetrack's premiere event took place in 1956.

There were only a handful of races held at the mountainside race track, most of which were marred by dangerous track design that led to 3 fatalities in the 18 short months the track was operating at full capacity."

I think i made it around 2013, thanks for inserting the readme :)
Apologies Mark. I missed your statement that maeckie is / was your nom de plume. Thanks for recreating this bit of history and sharing it with the community. With your permission, I hope to someday convert it to GTR.
Is it true that "Western Town" was destroyed in the Woolsey wildfire? That is a real shame because, as you know, many movies and TV shows (inc. "Westworld") were filmed there. I visited it many times; the first to help in a booth at the Renaissance Faire in 1977.
Thanks again!

With your permission, I hope to someday convert it to GTR.
Sure, no problem that would be great !
Due to the filmographic background, I have allowed myself to insert some fantasy assets that are supposed to be props for movies and fill the scene. From comments on YT i know now that the road was narrower, especially the bridge. Maybe it helps in a conversion to get closer to the original.

And yes, i just learned that Western Town burned down in that terrible fire. The track was taken back by nature years back, but now this entire iconic place is wiped, phew....

Thank you Mark. In anticipation of my conversion to GTR2 I had already began doing research a couple of years ago. I have some stills from various films and TV and I have been looking for my old Sat & Google aerial photos that were taken before the fire; when the area was considerably greener. Any materials that you still have (and are willing to share) would much appreciated, sir. There is no need for haste, as it will be some time before I will be able to get back to it. Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 461 39.3%