PARAMOUNT RACETRACK

Tracks PARAMOUNT RACETRACK beta

Login or Register an account to download this content
gwaldock submitted a new resource:

PARAMOUNT RACETRACK - Scratch-built historic racetrack and Old West movie set

Several of my scratch-built tracks reside (in various stages of completion) on one of my computers and PARAMOUNT RACETRACK is the most finished; I like it as-is and I wish to share it with the SIM community. This is my attempt at the restoration of a historic racetrack (and the setting of many movies and television shows) that has been lost to the ravages of time and natural disasters.

NEW Preview:

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
The area is real but the historic track was closed in late 1957 and the Old Western town (film set) was destroyed by the "Woolsey" forest fire in 2018. My work is based on topographical maps, satellite images, hundreds of pictures, actual racing footage, movies, TV shows and site visits.

and another wow! from the youtube description:

"Designed by legendary driver Ken Miles (of "FORD V. FERRARI" & winner of Sebring/Le Mans), it was hailed as the first "figure 8" circuit west of the Rocky Mountains and the first purpose built track in California.

It hosted five CALIFORNIA SPORTS CAR CLUB events and two UNITED STATES AUTO CLUB races from August 18, 1956 through December 8, 1957 but, due to a several fatalities in that short period of time, the track was closed to racing in December 1957 and subsequently fell into disrepair.

The racetrack was featured in several movies during the 1950s and 1960s; most notably "DEVIL'S HAIRPIN" and "SPINOUT". It also appeared in TV shows such as "PERRY MASON". A section of it was even used as a parking lot for several "Renaissance Fairs" and I attended a few of them in the 1970s.

The Old West Town was also used in movies and TV (i.e."MEDICINE WOMAN", "X-FILES" and "WESTWORLD") but it was almost completely destroyed by the Woolsey fire of 2018."

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years