Palm Beach and Atlanta Updated for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 - Atlanta Motorsports Park.jpg

Two new tracks updated to DX11 "rain effects" in rFactor 2! Check out the full list of updated content released so far..

Following on from the recent December "Rain Effects" build update to rFactor 2, Studio 397 continue to steadily update all the official content of the title, getting the cars and tracks into shape for the new DX11 rain feature standards as the developers look to bring together the full official content roster into compatibility with what was a pretty sizable new build from late last year.

As part of the program of updates, the latest tracks to receive the full wet weather treatment have been both the Palm Beach and Atlanta Motorsports Park locations, both now fully compatible for the new rain effect features as they hit version 2.20 and 1.28 respectively.

Full list of updated DX11 "rain effect" updated content, as at 20.01.2018:

Cars
  • Bentley GT3 - v1.97
  • Radical GT3 - v1.997 *
  • Radical SR3-RSX v1.96 *
  • Mercedes GT3 - v1.99
  • McLaren GT3 - v1.993
  • Callaway GT3 - v1.97
  • Formula E - v1.993
  • Dallara - v1.96 *
  • USF 2000 - v1.94
  • Camaro GT3 - v1.94
  • Corvette C6R - v1.93
  • Nissan 370Z GT4 - v1.93
  • Brabham BT44B - v1.95 >>>You need to manually subscribe HERE
  • Brabham BT20 - v1.95
  • Stock Car - v1.96
  • EVE -v1.98
  • Spark - v1.98
  • Formula Two - v1.95
  • Honda Civic BTCC - v1.99 (Physics Update: New tires)
  • Kart Cup - v1.92
  • Nissan GTR GT1 - v1.93
  • Howston G4 - v1.96
  • Howston G6 - v1.96
  • Megane 2013 - v1.95
  • Clio 2010 - v1.93
  • Howston Dissenter - v1.94
  • Nissan GT500 v1.96
  • Formula FISI v1.68*
  • Marussia v1.94
Tracks
  • LimeRock - 2.02
  • Mores - v1.82
  • Nola - v1.30
  • Indianapolis - v2.04
  • Silverstone - v1.84 *
  • Brianza - v2.04
  • Malaysia - v1.82
  • Portugal - v2.28
  • PalmBeach - v2.20
  • Atlanta Motorsports Park v1.28
Factor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you enjoyed the new rain effects in rFactor 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Is silly for you and those that dont have anything to do,then complain about everything...grow up please....

your comment makes no sense, i simply said i think it would be better for them to start a fresh rather than keeping modifying an old game that clearly wasn't designed with things like VR and dx 11 in mind

you fanboys are so defensive it's unreal

So people who don't agree with you are Fanboys? #Facepalm
not at all, but his comment literally made no sense and then proceeds to tell me to grow up, why? simply because i said they'd be better to make a new game? seriously normal ppl don't jump down someones throat like that, it's a classic fanboy reaction

your comment makes no sense, i simply said i think it would be better for them to start a fresh rather than keeping modifying an old game that clearly wasn't designed with things like VR and dx 11 in mind

Im only fanboy of my son........,what you have SAID make no sense,«start a fresh rather than keeping modifying an old game that clearly wasn't designed with things like VR and dx 11 in mind»
You dont have ideia the work that Devs have to bring us all this new stufs,and im talking here about all current sims,not only RF2....

not at all, but his comment literally made no sense and then proceeds to tell me to grow up, why? simply because i said they'd be better to make a new game? seriously normal ppl don't jump down someones throat like that, it's a classic fanboy reaction

"dixit" the base hater...

edit: poor conrad.....sad

Last edited:

There is no such thing as "starting fresh" in game industry. Starting fresh and building something like rF2 takes 10 years for a small dev team. Every game is based on a previous release in some way, pCars 2 is based on pCars 1 which is based on SimBin games, iRacing was based on old Papyrus engine, etc.

you kinda just made my point a little

e.g. pcars2 is a new title which improves upon pcars 1, they didn't keep trying to hack new stuff into pcars that it was never designed to do

It's a pointless discussion Whip as the decision was made long ago to continue RF2 development and not start "a fresh", you can either live with that or play something else that suits your needs and impressions better.

People don't use constructive criticism anymore it's just come in, it's trash, start over. all the work was crap. That's just inflammatory and no way to join a discussion.

i think here only fanboys.
Forza 7 is the best game actually.

What do you say fanboys ?

Though you'd never believe it from reading your OWN posts on the Forza forums.

Problems with vsync, problems with activating dlc, flags flickering in internal views, internal steering wheel locked to 90 degrees rotation, no mirrors in some cars. Not to mention your 8 point wish-list of which 2 are bug fixes required and another 5 already exists in every sim you've trashed here today.

But hey they gave you a nice shirt for your 'Drivatar' instead of the refund you posted about getting so it's all win I guess.

Fanboys be cheap these days

you kinda just made my point a little

e.g. pcars2 is a new title which improves upon pcars 1, they didn't keep trying to hack new stuff into pcars that it was never designed to do

The point of PCars 2 was just to milk another cow. That's the reason why PCars 2 has still similar issues as PCars 1 as it is built uopn the same tech. Now tell me what you prefere: paying twice for the same bugs or getting long support for a game? :)

Nothing fps does not shoot rage project cars without deactivating the rain because it would be disloyal to have some rain and others not because in rfactor 2 can be deactivated I would throw a new rfactor 3 a lot of work without great fruits is discouraging with the physics that has rfactor 2 but not in the gums !!!! they reheat much 400 degrees eatian the gums melted much curro 397 !!!!

The point of PCars 2 was just to milk another cow. That's the reason why PCars 2 has still similar issues as PCars 1 as it is built uopn the same tech. Now tell me what you prefere: paying twice for the same bugs or getting long support for a game? :)
Agreed. Project Cars 2 is based on Project Cars 1 which is based on rFactor/ISI engine (besides tyre model which is either completely independently from ISI or modified). This is also a part of why oddities in the Project Cars vehicle dynamics still exist (such as odd behavior at and over the limit).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%