Page numbers in forum thread listings

Can any kind soul provide me with information on what kind of web page “element” the page number listings are in the forum thread views?
RD-PageNums.jpg
These never display when I view the forums with the Mac edition of Firefox. Safari and Chrome on the same Mac displays them fine as does the exact same version of FF on Windows. It’s clearly a browser issue and not an RD problem. It’s just been going on for some time now and I’d like to look into whether it’s a known issue. I just have no idea what I need to research.

Thanks!

Interesting. Despite the browsers behaving differently, it might still indicate an issue with our site - I'm really no expert on this stuff (luckily I don't need to be cos we do have experts who may chip in with actual answers! ;):p).

I'm not sure if this pic partly addresses your question, but if not then I'm probably not quite understanding it (further demonstrating how little I know about this stuff :D).
1587318817275.png

Do the page numbers show up in Firefox if you change the page scaling, i.e. zoom in/out? (I'm wondering if it might be related to the responsive-mode stuff.)

You got it! It’s the zoom level. The Mac is running 1080p and my Windows machine is 1440p. I regularly browse with Firefox's zoom set at ‘actual size’ on both due to different viewing distances.

On the Mac when I zoom out to any degree less than ‘actual size’ the page number elements reappear. On my Windows machine when I zoom in to any degree more than actual size the page number elements disappear.

A real low priority “back burner” issue to address, if ever. Thanks for the info regardless. My nerd curiosity has been satisfied. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back