Pagani Zonda R sound mod test

Hi.

Because I'm with the people who don't like Zonda's engine note, I'm trying to make some fix for that. If you'd asked me, the 6+ litres V12 engines are the best sounding engines ever in my opinion (except Ferrari Enzo maybe which I don't like). But the SimBin's sound is too artificial and too much sewing machine type. However, the sound files itself don't sound so bad, but thanks to tampering with pitch it sounds bad. I hope it will be better in GTR3.

When I look into GT Pro class, there are just two cars with V12 engine - Aston Martin and Lister Storm. But Lister Storm uses the same Aston Martin's engine sound files. Yet it sounds a bit differently because of different transmission sounds etc.

So I was fiddling with it and now I can enjoy that car. I like it, but it still isn't real life Zonda's sound and never will be because Aston's sound isn't ideal too. I will be messing with it because I'm not fully satisfied. I'm not a modder but have a few ideas.

Recorded samples included in zip file so you can hear the differences. You can test it and tell me what do you think. Thanks.

*** UPDATE v1.1***
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/race-series-misc-6/pagani-zonda-r-sound-mod-v1-1-5626/

Edit: I'm not sure if this modified file would be a problem for online racing, but I suppose that it shouldn't be a problem because this file defines just sounds. It would be good to try it too.

After watching the first two vids (could not see the third, some copy rite from chan 5?) I'd say your sounds are pretty much spot on :) A great improvement on simbin's :) You doing the GT one next?.....Thanks :)

Swifty

Actually, I wanted to look into BMW M3 GT2 downshift sounds because people claim that they sound bad. It should be easy to fix that, just choose the car downshift sound you like. :)

Zonda R GT file is almost (or) the same so it will be just copy-paste job.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%