Pagani Huayra R

Cars Pagani Huayra R v1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm pretty sure it's the shaders because other mod cars do not cause this problem at the same tracks. But I have absolutely no idea what would fix it! :(

I just saw your post now, i understand but (same as you) i have no idea where to look and what to change, i will try some workaround and see if it works, will report back.

@Marc Collins
just did a test now with pagani at curitiba and absolutly no flickering to see (grass and white lines), practice and replay went without any flickering, wierd...
i rarely saw that issue, it seems to be the same with original content and strangely now in my test it was flawless in original content and mod (pagani)
will do some other test.

Last edited:
@Marc Collins
@Sil

The only way for the mod to affect the track is if I were to apply the shaders to the track if you know what I mean.
Shaders don't just work by having them in the file.
Each shader has to be applied in text form to the car for it to work, so if it's not applied to the track the same way then there is no way that the cars shaders can have an impact on the track.

This would be an example:

//============================ Car Body ======================================

INSTANCE=SLOT<ID>
{
MOVEABLE=TRUE
<LOW> MeshFile=Pagani_SHAD.GMT Render=False CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Dynamic, Solid, 128, 128, GT3_AMBIENTSHADOW.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(80.0)
<MED> MeshFile=Pagani_SHAD.GMT Render=False CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Dynamic, Solid, 128, 128, GT3_AMBIENTSHADOW.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(100.0)
<HIGH> MeshFile=Pagani_SHAD.GMT Render=False CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Dynamic, Solid, 256, 256, GT3_AMBIENTSHADOW.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(200.0)
<MAX> MeshFile=Pagani_SHAD.GMT Render=False CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowObject=(Dynamic, Solid, 512, 512, GT3_AMBIENTSHADOW.dds) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(300.0)

I rarely see flickering, now and again I see this and mostly with AMS Brazilian tracks.
My own track updates don't have this problem, I honestly don't know what the cause is but I do know it's not the car.

@ClimaxF1
Yes i know what you mean, anyway its not the car, i agree the gen file gives the orders and it seems fine here, i hardly noticed that before and today as i focused on the scenery was no issue at all, wierd stuff really.

It's not the cars, as @Sil also mentioned and I aslo have this problem with original AMS content

Just for fun, which Reiza AMS car did you use? I will try at Curitiba. I have not yet encountered anything with Reiza cars, but I also suspect memory may come into play. I will also try with a smaller and larger field of AI cars to see if that makes any difference.

Just for fun, which Reiza AMS car did you use? I will try at Curitiba. I have not yet encountered anything with Reiza cars, but I also suspect memory may come into play. I will also try with a smaller and larger field of AI cars to see if that makes any difference.

Yep, it seems to be related to memory. It is not something inherently incompatible with the mod, though it speaks to why it is so important for the graphics to be optimized.

Ran at Curitiba with no AI and saw no flickering. (This is always cockpit view, by the way.) As I ramped-up to my usual/default 24 AI, the problem got worse. Probably even some of the Reiza cars are memory-intensive enough that will cause the same problem if you have enough of them. Not sure if mixed fields of cars are worse than a single type, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Try this experiment and see if you get the same results. Start with no AI, then do 1, then 6, 12, 18, 24.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back