Paddock / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Developments - RDiLMS!

I normally link straight to the forums, but glad I didn't today. For those who do, there were a couple of interesting gems hidden in the club racing announcement:

"....and the addition of RD's first endurance series outside the walls of rFactor, the RDiLMS. The RDiLMS will bring the same superb mixed class endurance racing ethos of the RDLMS to iRacing 2.0 which boast driver swapping and night racing amongst its features!"

"Following the recent success of the iRacing club's Indy car events and the large amount of people interested in doing more with it, we also have plans brewing for a mixed road and oval league using the car and the fantastic tracks that iRacing offers. Look out for more news on this as the plans progress."

Looking forward to both of those!!

How many drivers per team Bram? 3?

Haven't made up the full format yet. I think a minimum of two drivers like in the RDLMS. Advised is more of course for the longer races. We don't want simmer to die behind their wheels because of lack of rest :)

Reminds me to include a disclaimer :D

Driver swaps will take longer guys. Its not gonna be updated with v2.0. Even LMS n Ford GT wont be ready once the update is release I think.

Here is a post from Tony Gardner who is one of the staff at iRacing

That was me on the broadcast for Michigan not Greg. The heat/tournament racing project was a big project and driver swaps even bigger so taking lot of time to do it, very complicated because we also want to have the ability to use the driver swap/endurance feature in official series as well as hosted racing. Heat Racing should be in next build and driver swaps will not be.

The new cars are close and in testing. Obviously new tire model is on them. If one or the other did not make the build we have the option of releasing shortly after build. Not going release them until happy however. Normally I think no problem making build but lot of time is also being spent on other existing cars for new tires and aero.

Tony

RDiLMS S1 - Which car combination do you prefer?

RDiLMS_placeholder.png

Would like to hear you opinion about the car classes we can pick in the upcoming RDiLMS season. With the information we have now there are a few options to consider. As far as I know iRacing 2.0 will support a mixed field of 3 classes, which limits our options a little bit.

I would like to propose an initial vote to get some feedback on the direction we will take this endurance league. Nothing final though.

Please choose from the following options and add your comments below please

1. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Riley Prototype, Class C: Corvette
  2. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Corvette, Class C: Ford GT
  3. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Corvette, Class C: Mustang
  4. Class A: Acura LMS, Class B: Radical SR8, Class: Corvette or Mustang or Ford GT
  5. Something else

@Abdul: driver changes probably won't be implemented before Q4 (according to a staff email in my inbox). I guess end of this year we should be ready to go on track for endurance spectacle :) Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%