Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Word from the PC guys is that the GT3 cars are the grippy compared to the higher end ones. And I don't mean Forza grippy, but pCARS grippy...in other words, not going to shock the console world as much. Part of the reason I chose GT3 to start. Glad they confirmed it. Without assists, it's going to be a whole new ballgame. I look forward to it...since I've been wanting this kind of realism all along and am faster the closer we get to real life. Jealous you can play! How are the multiplayer options?
havent looked, dont trust myself going online yet

My name is down for this! On a day I can do too!

Great to have you! I'll start a driver list on a separate thread. I think grids are limited to 16, but depending on the interest and host commitments, we may be able to run two classes or two grids. This is still not set in stone, but I wanted to put an outline out there. The day is solid though.

Oh, and what is your gamertag? Thanks.

If any one wants to see me run the ginetta g40 junior i just did 2 100% career races, one a sprint race and the next a full race with a mandatory pit stop.

Just a reminder im using a pad and the only assists are the one this series run with in real life with

www.twitch.tv/smissendan/b/657010799

My O/S is so old I can't watch this. :O_o: Any chance it's on YouTube? I'd love to see.

So, are you down for this?

Group GT3, known technically as Cup Grand Touring Cars and commonly referred to as simply GT3, is a set of regulations maintained by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) for grand tourer racing cars designed for use in various series' throughout the world. The GT3 category was initially created in 2005 by the SRO Group as a third rung in the ladder of grand touring motorsport. The FIA launched its own series in 2006, the FIA GT3 European Championship. Since then, Group GT3 has expanded to become the de facto category for many national and international grand touring series, although some series modify the ruleset from the FIA standard. By 2013, nearly 20 automobile manufacturers have built or been represented with GT3 machines.

Group GT3 allows for a wide variety of car types with almost no limit on engine sizes and configurations or chassis construction or layout. GT3 cars must be based on production road car models in mass production. Performance of all the Group GT3 cars are regulated, either by the GT Bureau of the FIA or by a series' specific ruling body, through a Balance of Performance that adjusts limits on horsepower, weight, engine management, and aerodynamics to prevent a single manufacturer from becoming dominant in the class. The cars in GT3 are designed to have a weight between 1200kg and 1300kg with horsepower between 500hp and 600hp. All cars have a very similar power to weight ratio. GT3 cars also have traction control, ABS and built in air jacks for quick pit stops.

ASTON MARTIN V12 VANTAGE GT3
ENGINE
V12 front mid-engine
Quad-Camshaft
4 valves per cylinder
Dry Sump Oil System

Race power approx: 600 Hp
Max torque approx: 700Nm
Displacement: 5935 cc
Fuel Tank Capacity: 115L

TRANSMISSION
Rear-mounted transaxle with limited slip differential.
Six-speed sequential X-Trac racing transmission with semi-automatic paddle-shift.
Four-plate sintered racing clutch.

SUSPENSION
Adjustable suspension with double wishbones front and rear and optimised race geometry, Koni 2-way adjustable
dampers.

EXTRAS (extract)
Cosworth PI S6QM ECU, driver display & shift lights (D4 logger upgrade available).
Steel roll cage to FIA safety standards.
All carbon-fibre body with removable panels.
Quick release multi-function steering wheel.

BRAKING SYSTEM
Brembo racing system, 6-pot front caliper, 4-pot rear caliper, 2-piece ventilated discs and adjustable brake balance.
Bosch M4 Race ABS & Traction control.

TYRES
Front: 30/68-18
Rear: 31/71-18

BODYWORK
Material of Chassis: Aluminium
Length: 4619mm
Width: 1963mm
Height: 1292mm
Weight: 1250 kg

Price: £325 000 (exc VAT)

Audi R8 LMS

ENGINE90° V10
DOHC
4 valves per cylinder

Race power approx: 365-412kW*
Max torque approx: 500 Nm
Displacement: 5200 ccm
Power/Weight ratio: 2,5 kg / Hp
Fuel Tank Capacity: 120L

TRANSMISSION

Rear wheel drive w/ TCS
Sequential 6-speed gearbox with shift paddles

BRAKING SYSTEM
Front & Back:
Hydraulic dual circuit with brake balance
ABS

TYRES
Front: 27/65 18'
Back: 31/71 18'

BODYWORK
Material of Chassis: Aluminium
Length: 4475 mm
Width: 1994 mm
Height: 1195 mm
Wheelbase: 2652 mm
Track Width: Front 1670 mm /
Back 1650 mm
Weight: 1295kg

BMW_M3_GT2_ILMC_Zhuhai_2010.jpg

BMW M3 GT3
The series version’s eight-cylinder engine with 4.0-litre capacity already produces 420bhp. The BMW P65 engine, which was derived from this unit and powers the BMW M3 GT, has been further improved within the regulations. The eight individual throttle valves receive their intake air via a system made of carbon fibre with load-charge optimised ram tubes. The mechanics have been adjusted to meet the extreme demands of GT and endurance racing: as a result, the BMW P65 has a steel crankshaft, forged skirt pistons, high-performance steel conrods and a dry sump lubrication system. This allows the engine to achieve 500bhp. Thanks to demand-controlled auxiliaries and cylinder cut-off, as used in the BMW EfficientDynamics technology package, the BMW M3 GT is redefining the boundaries of consumption.

The functions of the BMW P65 engine are managed by an ECU408 electronic control unit, developed in-house by BMW Motorsport. This unit uses two high-performance micro-processors to control the individual cylinder injection and ignition, as well as the engine data memory system, among other things. The ECU408 monitors the “Quick Shift” function of the six-speed sequential gearbox on the BMW M3 GT, which suppresses the ignition when changing gear, thus allowing even faster gear changes. The compact transmission unit is positioned on the rear axle to allow optimal weight distribution. The drivers are assisted by a mechanical limited slip differential and traction control.

1401728394.jpg

BMW Z4 GT3
ENGINE: V8
DOHC
4 valves per zylinder
Race power approx : 515hp
Max torque approx: 515Nm at 5500rpm
Displacement: 4375ccm
Power/weight ratio: 2,31kg/hp
Fuel tank capacity: 100 L

TRANSMISSION
Rear drive
Sequential shifting gearbox

SUSPENSION
Front: McPherson with telescopic damper and coil spring
Back: Multilink with telescopic damper and coil spring

BRAKING SYSTEM
Front & back:
Hydraulic twin circuit with ABS/DSC support

TYRES
Front: Dunlop 300/680 18"; Michelin 30/68-18
Back: 310/710 18"; Michelin 31/71-18

Price : €315 000 (excl VAT)

McLaren MP4-12C GT3
ENGINE
3.8L V8 Twin Turbo McLaren M838T
Mid engine configuration

Race power approx: 500 PS (approx)
Max torque approx: 500 Nm (approx)
Displacement: 3799 cc
Power/Weight ratio: 490 PS/T (approx)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 130L

TRANSMISSION
Rear wheel drive.
Six-speed sequential shift gearbox.
Limited-slip differential with traction control.
Gearshift system control: Steering wheel mounted paddle operation. SUSPENSION
Adjustable double wishbone suspension, coil springs, dynamic auspensions DSSV damper units, and anti roll bars front and rear.

EXTRAS (extract)
Steering wheel design similar to the McLaren MP4-24 Formula 1 car.
9 point safety roll-over cage in high strength steel.
Aluminium rear subframe and frontal crash tubes.
McLaren TAG electronic control system w/ TC and ABS.

BRAKING SYSTEM
Akebono racing brake calipers front and rear.
Steel slotted brake discs and aluminium bells.
AP Racing master cylinders and fluid reservoirs.
Adjustable brake balance.

TYRES
Front: 30-65 - 18''
Back: 31-71 - 18''

BODYWORKRoad-Car Carbon Chassis
Length: 4500mm
Width: 2000mm
Height: 1200mm
Weight: 1240 kg (approx)

Price: £ 325,000

RUF RGT-8 GT3

The RGT 4.2 maintains a long tradition of Ruf supercars with its outrageous driving performance. Unveiled in 2000, the first RGT was characterised by its powerful, torquey normally-aspirated flat-six engine. With a significantly reduced all-up weight and sports-oriented suspension system, the RGT was an extremely impressive driving machine.Now, in 2015, the RGT remains true its original concept, though its external appearance is clearly more athletic. The wheel arches are more bulbous and the front facade presents huge round air intakes for more effective cooling. The chassis is reinforced by RUF's hallmark Integrated Roll Cage (IRC). Propulsion is provided by its virile 4.2-litre six-cylinder, normally-aspirated engine, developing 525bhp and 500Nm of torque, featuring dry sump lubrication with external oil tank. A proper driving machine for sure

ENGINE
525 PS / 386 kW @ 8.370/min
500 Nm @ 5.820/min
4178ccm

TRANSMISSION
6-speed manual gearbox
TC/ ABS

TOP SPEED
322 km/h

FUEL CONSUMPTION
non-urban 9,8l/100km
CO2 emissions 317g/km

GINETTA G55 GT3
ENGINE:
Manufacturer: Nissan
Displacement: 4.35 V8
Clutch: Carbon
Aluminium block
Dry sump oil system

SPECIFICATION
Hewland 6 speed sequential paddle shift transmission
Auto throttle blip on down change
Hydraulic power assisted steering
Dry weight – 1100kg

Driver display including RPM/shift lights/lap times/
engine parameters/mechanical pressures and forces
6 point FIA approved safety harness
Steel roll cage meeting FIA safety standards
Large capacity bag tank FIA approved fuel cell
Twin dry brake release couplings

Pi Data logging
Bosch ABS/TC system

Bentley Continental GT3
Continental GT3 entered its first development races before starting full competition in the Blancpain GT Series in 2014, after completing FIA homologation. The first race began at Gulf 12 Hours, held at the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi.

Engine: 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8, repositioned to the rear of the engine bay, Motorsport engine management system

Max Power: Up to 600 bhp unrestricted
Oil System: Dry sump
Transmission: Rear wheel drive, Xtrac six-speed sequential transaxle gearbox, racing clutch, steering wheel mounted paddle operated pneumatic gear shift
Drivetrain: Carbon fibre propshaft, limited slip differential
Suspension: Double wishbone suspension front and rear, four-way adjustable racing dampers
Steering: Hydraulic power-assisted steering
Brakes: Ventilated iron disc brakes front and rear, six-piston front calipers, four-piston rear calipers, driver-adjustable brake bias
Safety: FIA-specification steel roll cage, Sparco six-point FIA safety harness, onboard fire extinguisher, onboard pneumatic jack system
Fuel: System FIA-specification racing fuel cell
Electronics: Race-specification ABS and traction control. Lightweight race battery
Wheels: OZ Racing 18" x 13" rims
Tyres: 310 / 710 R18
Aerodynamics: Carbon fibre front splitter, rear wing and body panels. Lightweight, aerodynamically-optimised bumpers, bonnet, sills and fenders
Weight: <1300 kg
Weight Distribution: 52 : 48

Last edited:
Good News: You've got yourself a very good driver :thumbsup:
Bad News: Your not going to see him much :laugh: He's alot faster then me :thumbsup:

In unrelated news my PS4 is being returned so may be about for this.

Boothy, triple good news! Plus Hooper got a wheel, Chris will be forced to if I have to come to Newcastle and make him, and Watts just got a wheel (as did Railer).

Are you still on a pad. You may want to take a look at the assists rules. You may have a wee bit of a better driver now. :geek:

Boothy, triple good news! Plus Hooper got a wheel, Chris will be forced to if I have to come to Newcastle and make him, and Watts just got a wheel (as did Railer).

Are you still on a pad. You may want to take a look at the assists rules. You may have a wee bit of a better driver now. :geek:

It should be fine anyway the ones that are struggling are using buttons & triggers...I tend to use the sticks so be interested to see if that's any better...

Peter Evans says it's a massive cluster f*ck for pad users, but playable with loads of practice. And he was no slouch as I remember. Maybe this will prompt more wheel purchases. I know it's expensive, but for racing a SIM it's kind of mandatory, at least on PC, it seems.

Peter Evans says it's a massive cluster f*ck for pad users, but playable with loads of practice. And he was no slouch as I remember. Maybe this will prompt more wheel purchases. I know it's expensive, but for racing a SIM it's kind of mandatory, at least on PC, it seems.
i should be getting a wheel sometime in the summer my girlfriend informed me last night but i couldnt put a date on it

Any races tonight going on? Only thing I have raced is the kart ao far, and be nice to get away from the aggresive ai.

The only thing that bugs me about this game, is you can only change from reverse to 1st (or vice versa) if you stop the car completely.

Speaking of wheels, I got a mention on a large race SIM review site "Inside Sim Racing" out of California. The notes I sent were then duly credited to the folks over in the PC section of pCARS here, and bmanic specifically, both in the comments to the video and the posting of the notes on their site. This will help any Thrustmaster user and can be really credited to the hard work of the testers here on the PC side:

Any races tonight going on? Only thing I have raced is the kart ao far, and be nice to get away from the aggresive ai.

The only thing that bugs me about this game, is you can only change from reverse to 1st (or vice versa) if you stop the car completely.

Practice away. We might even have a couple of practice races. But the game is not live here in the U.S. and the league will not start until May 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%