Paddle shifter issue with FTruck

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Roger Snead, May 16, 2013.

1. Roger Snead

Roger Snead

Ratings:
    +62
    Hello to all,
    I have a Fanatec CSR Elite and having some problems with paddle shifters. I have the paddles mapped, but when downshifting I cannot go lower than 1st. I have to hit a button I have mapped for neutral and it shows up as N, and then I am able to click down into R. When I want to go forward again I cannot upshift out of R. I have to press the N button again and then I can upshift to first.

What am I doing wrong? I don't have any problems with any other sims/games. I can shift straight down thru N to R and upshift from R to N to 1st. Thank you.

2. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,831
    It seems to work ok for me (but using a G27).
    Check that you have Shift Up and Shift Down mapped to your paddles (re-map if needed), Neutral should be Empty (hit Esc when mapping if needed).
    Maybe you mapped a key to Neutral when it's not needed for Paddle Shifting straight down to Reverse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roger Snead

Roger Snead

Ratings:
    +62
    You're the man Warren.:) I simply remapped and took N out. The reason I mapped N was I could not go anywhere after going down to 1st. When I mapped in N as a unpleasant option, it allowed me to at least use R.
    Now I am a happy trucker! Thanks buddy.

4. Roger Snead

Roger Snead

Ratings:
    +62