Packers

So in real live they are a piece of rubber that you put between the springs and the car, to have something like an additional solid spring?

The effect is car get's higher but also absorbs some bumps? But with to much it is getting like riding a jelly fish?

The BMW e90 Extreme has 1.5 cm in its default setup, I had the impression that reducing it made the car more stable.

• Ariff Roose

Wow.:plus1:
No wonder I couldnt adjust my BMW's online at Brands! The silghtest bump could give it an end. Especially if its the first turn

• Michel Salvador

yeah im in WTCC EXTREME since im in RDSTL league stil learning more about packer well i got 2 exemple with and without packers graphixx

IM using motec i2 pro since mostly a start gtr evo 5 month ago

yes motec XD motec add ,real time telemetry it already good but motec i2 pr0 wil give maybe the final touch as setup but mostly FOR CARS all gt-class,f3000 ,f1,wtcc.extreme, . wtcc touring car and mini dont using that much with motedc i2 pro .since it not hardcore setup.

WTCC EXTREME BMW
ok back to the topic packers il show 2 graphix the first 1 with no packers

second graphix is with 1.5 packer on

ok in the graphix the first channels is the ride height as you can see car is not bottoming ,second channel is the damper pos that where you see the diff in the packers setup :) for setting the packer 1.5 you can see it the limit before there wil be no more suspension action spring etc..
atm with packers give me more stable to drive but it all depend how is the track :)
this is from barcelona gp track :) maybe some 1 wil have a good answer abut this graphix a exemple:) ty
packers00.jpg
packers15.jpg

So in real live they are a piece of rubber that you put between the springs and the car, to have something like an additional solid spring?

The effect is car get's higher but also absorbs some bumps? But with to much it is getting like riding a jelly fish?

The BMW e90 Extreme has 1.5 cm in its default setup, I had the impression that reducing it made the car more stable.
No.
It makes it possible to set a maximum travel to a spring.
Like if you've
ride height @ 14cm and packers @ 0
same maximum travel of spring as when:
ride height @ 16 and packers @ 2, but the last 2 cm to the bottom are not possible, so that means less damage on the bottom of the car.

Like when spring are fully pressed you have 1cm space left between road and car in the first situation, but 3cm left in the second situation. That way you don't touch bumps etc

Too much packers give a bad effect to the car, as spring travel is not enough.

• Ariff Roose

Michel, whats that screen thing on the left..? is it a graph to show your acceleration deceleration etc..?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%