Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think you should model a sort of Atlantis under the water texture so the poor sods that end up down there can have a little underwater expedition :D
lol If my modelling abilities were that good, and I wanted to reward failure... I would put that in! ;)

yeah, you need to have some easter egg on the ocean :) beamNG will flood the engine
No easter eggs for people who can't make it to Ragged Point in under 10 minutes ;) And real racers don't need safety barriers :p lol

Last edited:
@guidofoc If you stay on the road ;).... And don't look at the bottom of the cliffs lol... The new ocean looks far better.. Put the time to between 14:00 and 17:00 AC's shading looks a bit funky at 18:00!
Screenshot_ferrari_250_gto_series1_pacific_coast_15-11-116-3-16-9.jpg

haha what i meant was racing offline with AI.. The race weekend option in the menu. The race wont load for me with AI but loads perfectly without AI. Any suggestions?
Ah right then lol... That's simple... You can't do a race weekend as I haven't done a pit_lane.ai

Stick to Quick Race only

When I next update I will put one in. Which might be Very soon, as I am probably going to update the road textures very soon. I've learnt a few things about the shaders ;)

Greets @Phoenix77

Just first time tried this track today. Idea - is wonderful. Road configuration, as well.
Do not wanna talking about trees and any else in this actual version, but about ocean - it can looking better, for sure and hope it is matter of time. Far not bad for now! Only one thing, which make world "shaking" and car...as well! - it is "shaking" effect of ocean texture or shader - do not have idea what it is...

There is some mount of definitely nice projects (in idea), which were abandoned at start or middle point or still unfinished for different reasons. Hope, this is not one of them ..;-)

At the end, Thank You!..

Greets @Phoenix77

Just first time tried this track today. Idea - is wonderful. Road configuration, as well.
Do not wanna talking about trees and any else in this actual version, but about ocean - it can looking better, for sure and hope it is matter of time. Far not bad for now! Only one thing, which make world "shaking" and car...as well! - it is "shaking" effect of ocean texture or shader - do not have idea what it is...

There is some mount of definitely nice projects (in idea), which were abandoned at start or middle point or still unfinished for different reasons. Hope, this is not one of them ..;-)

At the end, Thank You!..

Greets to you too @Alexandr66 :)

Glad you like the idea and the road config :) Yeah the trees are just placed in to get an idea of performance... And I think they help give some idea of distance to corners... But apart from that they're no-where near what I want.

Some people have said about shaking... And some other people have had no problem at all...
It's hard for me to tell about FFB problems... Because I have a very ancient FFB wheel... So it probably doesn't do the effects that FAR better wheels do.

I think I will probably need some more hardware details from the people who are having problems...
As has been covered in the posts in here... A major cause of FFB issues/glitchyness is the map size... Which has a limit of 16km x 16km I think?

I think I'm just within that as the road is 23km going diagonally across the map... But it's close!

I'm completely new to track making... So hopefully I will sort everything out... I don't give up easily!
But we will have to wait and see mate, is all we can do

Greets to you too @Alexandr66 :)

Glad you like the idea and the road config :) Yeah the trees are just placed in to get an idea of performance... And I think they help give some idea of distance to corners... But apart from that they're no-where near what I want.

Some people have said about shaking... And some other people have had no problem at all...
It's hard for me to tell about FFB problems... Because I have a very ancient FFB wheel... So it probably doesn't do the effects that FAR better wheels do.

I think I will probably need some more hardware details from the people who are having problems...
As has been covered in the posts in here... A major cause of FFB issues/glitchyness is the map size... Which has a limit of 16km x 16km I think?

I think I'm just within that as the road is 23km going diagonally across the map... But it's close!

I'm completely new to track making... So hopefully I will sort everything out... I don't give up easily!
But we will have to wait and see mate, is all we can do
Hey, hey,

:) .. but i'm not about FFB. I'm about visual "shaking" or let's say light bashing...
Just from start, when you not start driving yet. Look at how your car flickering with ocean surface. When ocean stop flicker - all world "relax". It's not constant, guess, but for sure - it is exist! And not about some my settings or configuration.
No doubt, let's see...

Ahh right.. If it's the visual glitchyness... Then that's due to the length of my track... It's due to the distance from the origin point of the 3D model... Something to do with how AC's physics works. As a few people have commented on here... It seems there isn't much I can do about it... The graphical thing will go after you drive a km or 2... Personally I don't notice a tiny bit of shaking when I'm doing 140mph...

It has nothing to do with the ocean though... The "glitchyness" was there before I put the ocean plane in.

All I can say mate... Is if it bothers you too much... unfortunately you have no other choice but to not drive down my road. Shame, but that's life lol

Ahh right.. If it's the visual glitchyness... Then that's due to the length of my track... It's due to the distance from the origin point of the 3D model... Something to do with how AC's physics works. As a few people have commented on here... It seems there isn't much I can do about it... The graphical thing will go after you drive a km or 2... Personally I don't notice a tiny bit of shaking when I'm doing 140mph...

It has nothing to do with the ocean though... The "glitchyness" was there before I put the ocean plane in.

All I can say mate... Is if it bothers you too much... unfortunately you have no other choice but to not drive down my road. Shame, but that's life lol
And i'm like this !=)
ps. keep idea to grow "fruits" and so much talking about. See you, man

This has already become a terribly fun track since the last time I tried it (several weeks ago). I've had the pleasure of driving some of the Pacific Coast Highway while I lived in California and although I never drove the entire length of the PCH, I have experienced many sections that do have a feel very similar to what this mod is presenting.

I was wondering if you were planning on installing any run off areas that are dirt, but flat and safe to drive onto, between the road and the edge of any cliffs. Something along the lines of:
1314593098824702636.jpg

1314593098158778028.jpg

I really wish I could have experienced PCH with an M3. :D

This has already become a terribly fun track since the last time I tried it (several weeks ago). I've had the pleasure of driving some of the Pacific Coast Highway while I lived in California and although I never drove the entire length of the PCH, I have experienced many sections that do have a feel very similar to what this mod is presenting.

I was wondering if you were planning on installing any run off areas that are dirt, but flat and safe to drive onto, between the road and the edge of any cliffs. Something along the lines of:

I really wish I could have experienced PCH with an M3. :D

Cool, I'm really glad to hear that... As fun was the whole reason I chose this road in the first place... And also the reason why I got sidetracked from doing a nice, small, simple track as my first track lol
You're VERY lucky to have driven any of the PCH... I'm envious of anyone who has been lucky enough to be anywhere near this road! lol In an M3 or... not in an M3... You can now experience (virtually) PCH in whatever car you like ;)
I would be interested to try this track with VR :) in a convertible of course!

I already have some very basic parking areas... If you turn on the "track description" app... There is one just before Alder Creek...
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_pacific_coast_21-11-116-7-56-51.jpg

There's also one just before Hanger bend hairpin (called Ocean view)...
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gtb_pacific_coast_21-11-116-8-6-48.jpg

There are a few more dotted about...I will be making more of a thing of these later... Has to be done!

I will also probably add a couple of gas stations either end of the map... with a parking area behind... something along the lines of...
test-drive_13.gif

This is from the very first Test Drive game... All we need now is someone to model the Corvette C4, and a decent Lotus Esprit and we have all the cars from the original Test Drive.. The first two pit boxes will be either side of these pumps...
I want to add these gas stations as I think they have more character than modern gas stations...
Also artistically I think they show contrast between the older technology (the old gas pumps) and the new technology, such as a McLaren P1 parked in front of it :)

Let me know what you all think... :D

BTW The current trees are only very rough...
1) to give me an idea of FPS performance ATM.. and..
2) to help give you all a little more of a visual guide to distance to corners...
They will be changing drastically!

My number one priority ATM is to get the road position nailed down!
Crash barriers, boulders, rocks, telegraph poles etc will go in soon after... along with some far better textures :)

Nice choice of photo's @ALB123 they capture exactly what I'm going for mate :)

I look forward to trying the newest version asap. I have to say I like the old ocean texture much better. Guidofoc posted a good comparison on page 3. The signs are a nice improvement, they will also help to reference key corners. Tree's a nice touch and will be great with more texture and detail.

Looking forward to barriers in some key places.Keep up the good work.

I look forward to trying the newest version asap. I have to say I like the old ocean texture much better. Guidofoc posted a good comparison on page 3. The signs are a nice improvement, they will also help to reference key corners. Tree's a nice touch and will be great with more texture and detail.
Looking forward to barriers in some key places.Keep up the good work.

Ok, nice one mate :)

To be completely honest... Guidofoc's post isn't a valid comparison... because the ocean is setup for viewing from IN car, or at highest.. chasecams... So MUCH lower down than Guido's shots...
The ocean isn't even setup to look good on the track cameras ATM (FOV zooming doesn't help it)... I will sort that later. (I would agree that maybe the Specular EXP setting maybe a touch too low, and also the scale of the normalmap might need adjusting slightly)

I really don't see how a completely flat, non-reflective, non-specular texture can look better than the ocean in there now... I have seen a few screenshots on other forums (from in car) that look much better IMO. So I won't be going back to the old textures, not in a million years! lol

Just in case
this affects anything... I have setup the track to use the default PP filter.. and default weather... If anyone is using graphics/weather mods... I have no idea how these would change things.

The trees need some serious work, to the point that if it wasn't for adding some depth perception... I would have removed them until I'm happy with them.. I'll probably have them sorted for this weeks update anyway!

Glad the signs are helping some... If you haven't already... Use the trackmap... And turn on "track description" app. This will help warn you of the few corners that will trip you up... I'd say overall... This is a very fast road... I can drive the 23.2km in around 8 ½ minutes.

I really appreciate your feedback mate... Even if I don't agree with all of it ;) lol

Hope you have some fun driving down here later... Keep your eyes on the road mate ;) The ocean should just be a blur in your peripherals anyway :)

Wow! I must have been so focused on the road in front of me, I completely missed the 'rest stop' area where you've parked your yellow Ferrari 458. :laugh: I'll be sure to look around and enjoy the scenery on my next drive. :)

If I knew that I would be moving out of California back then I would have given the PCH a final drive in the more northern areas. California is such a ridiculously huge state and I think the total length of the PCH is like 650 miles. :confused: I have driven some of the beautiful areas of PCH, like what you're recreating, but I also drove on PCH in areas going through Orange County and Los Angeles County which looked more like this:
MkCksUd.jpg

Not quite as majestic as what you're building. :laugh:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back