PaceNote Plugin Support - General

Am I missing something obvious here? When editing notes for a stage, I save it to a folder on my desktop. When doing the stage again, I can't find the notes in that folder, it's visually empty.

It does however, work if I type in the name of my saved notes and hit enter. This only works if I can remember the save name for each stage though.

How do I get the files to be visible in the folder?

When you save the pacenotes in BTB format, you have to remember to type the file extension (.ini) too, so just the stage name is not enough. You can add those extensions afterwards in Windows simply by renaming them.

Hi guys.
I'm finally using the ini files for saving pacenotes, indeed it's much simpler.
I want to ask yousomething
Sometimes I find some pacenotes way to fast for me.
I'd like to be able to change all at once, to 1 number down. like: every left 4, change it to left 3
I believe this is possible on the ini file, but it will take me one hour or more to understand which "type" on the ini file corresponds to a pacenote.
Can someone give share these "types" meaning?
Thanks

Hi guys.
I'm finally using the ini files for saving pacenotes, indeed it's much simpler.
I want to ask yousomething
Sometimes I find some pacenotes way to fast for me.
I'd like to be able to change all at once, to 1 number down. like: every left 4, change it to left 3
I believe this is possible on the ini file, but it will take me one hour or more to understand which "type" on the ini file corresponds to a pacenote.
Can someone give share these "types" meaning?
Thanks

There's a PaceNotes.ods/xls in Plugins\Pacenote\doc.

0 HAIRPINLEFT
1 90_LEFT
2 KLEFT
3 MEDIUMLEFT
4 FASTLEFT
5 EASYLEFT
26 FLATLEFT

11 HAIRPINRIGHT
10 90_RIGHT
9 KRIGHT
8 MEDIUMRIGHT
7 FASTRIGHT
6 EASYRIGHT
25 FLATRIGHT

Thank you porridge!!! the next step is to be able to fully use the pacenote plugin to use my custom sounds and to work with extended, numeric and so on.. But that's not lugin's fault, it's because my sound folder is a mess :/

Is t possible to permanently turn on the FPS counter and driveline bar by setting some value in .ini? I couldn't find any hints around, but since there are also values like showReplayHUD, which are not documented anywhere, I hope there's also an option for other settings ...

I did the following and it didn't save (was turned off again after restarting the game).
1) Entered Quick Rally and while on stage turned on Drivebar and FPS counter.
2) Exited back to main menu, went to Driver profile and chose Save profile (profile sucessfully saved).
3) Exited game and ran it again.

Those particular settings don't stick for porridge either, even if RBR always asks if porridge wants to save the profile. As for FPS counter, you can add a line ShowFPS = true to RichardBurnsRally.ini (just a basic one, not enhanced one like in the plugin).

Some years ago porridge went through the settings in the plugin and the ones that got added to PaceNote.ini in addition to showReplayHUD were noWrongWay and muteReplayPacenotes. There may be others, just turn on/off everything you can see and then go and have a look.

I have another problem I cannot figure out how to solve.
I edited \Plugins\Pacenote\config\pacenotes\packages\Cautions\Rbr.ini to look like this:

[PACENOTE::CARE] ; legacy sound
link=INTO
column=0

[PACENOTE::CAUTION] ; legacy sound
link=INTO
column=1

[PACENOTE::CAUTION_WATER] ; legacy sound
link=INTO
column=1​

I want that the plugin doesn't provide any default sounds and that all are taken from the \Audio folder (originally caution and care are taken from the plugin's sounds for some reason).

The CAUTION works properly, but CARE doesn't. I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't. It simply doesn't play any sound (I checked that care.ogg is in \Audio\Speech\[lang] and that it is working).

Any tips? Also if anybody has explanation as to why plugin ships with Rbr.ini where care and caution pacenotes are using plugin's sounds while all other sounds are game's original.

Well, as far as I remember there was a bug in the original game, so "care" actually has never been used at all.
So we map the pacenote ids to the proper sound files.
The Pacenote plugin is not meant to work with messed up audio folders.
It is much easier to actually put your custom sound files into a properly named folder underneath the Plugin's sounds directory and put your folder name in the pacenote.ini file (sound=...).
Simple as that. Don't edit the genuine INI files. If you really want to customize, copy the folder structure and look at how we have done it for czech and french languages.

Yeah, I have read this, but it is lacking lots of details.
What actually means "fresh RBR install", with patch 1.02 and FixUp ?!
In this case I need the DMP file, which should have been created, as he says something about an debug/message box.
The DMP would at least tell me which modules were loaded, at best show the crash area.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%