PaceNote Plugin Support - General

I'm trying to use the camera editor in replay mode but when I get the camera popup there are no options or selection button to choose the camera. Am I missing something or is this a bug.

Hi Pete,

nice to have you back again ...
No bug, as usual, but only a few cameras actually are editable.
The replay cam can't be changed.
So, just switch to the appropriate camera type before editing.

Cheers,
Uncle G.

Hi Pete,

nice to have you back again ...
No bug, as usual, but only a few cameras actually are editable.
The replay cam can't be changed.
So, just switch to the appropriate camera type before editing.

Cheers,
Uncle G.
Thanks, its good to be back, will check which cameras are appropriate and try again.
Thanks Uncle G.

1. Can someone remind me how to change a notes position in the stage.
  2. How do I move forward and back in the stage to have my notes read again for checking.
[SOLVED] If anyone needs an explanation then please ask :)

Last edited:
I updated my pc to Win 10, but I'm afraid it was a small mistake. Mouse or number key commands doesn't work anymore with chase cam :(
Everything looks good, editor says "cam_internal" at chase cam, as it probably should be (?), but nothing just happens with mouse or number keys. I'm using RSRBR2015, and I reinstalled plugin, but it didn't made any progress.
I hope WB has some idea for this? :rolleyes:

Well, what is supposed to happen in chase cam when you use mouse/num keys ?

At least the internal handling in the pacenote plugin's input handlers is not any different than in other camera modes.

Maybe you are missing an additional plugin ? Just guessing.
I think it was the rx plugin which lets you use some additional input keys on the numpad to move the camera. But I could be wrong, as I am not using rsrbr.

I believed that those were part of this great plugin, pardon :whistling:
But thanks for the hint WB! rx plugin was missing indeed for some reason, now it works like a charm. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone.
I'm playing RSRBR for 2 years now, on a daily basis.
Sometimes I need a little tweak on my pacenotes and your plugin is a fantastic help.

I have just one issue, maybe you can help.
So, sometimes it seems that my pacenotes change between weather conditions(?) or the custom pacenotes are not loaded...
For example, I run Loch Ard on sunday, for my stable rally. That's one of my favorite stages, and there's a left curve before first intermediate that, if you brake too much, you'll crash on a rock on the left side. So, I changed the note to left 5.
Last sunday, all good...
yesterday, I'm training for another rally, and for coincidence, Loch Ard is part of it..
Well, that curve is not as a left 5, dont know why...
I already noticed that before on Foron II, for example, but i thought it was my mistake...
Is there any explanation?

Thanks

Basically the pacenotes depend on time of day and weather settings.
Depending on the track, RBR may use several different pacenotes for each variant.
The next time you save your pacenotes in the editor have a look at the title bar of the pacenote list dialog, which shows the current file name being used.
This should read something like "track-65_N" or similar (for "N"oon).
Then, if you start that stage again with different weather/time of day settings, the title bar may read "track-65_O" instead ("O"vercast, usually bad weather/rain).
So, obviously different pacenotes, and not the previously saved.

I recommend saving your pacenotes in BTB (INI) file format anyway, in a separate folder "Pacenotes" OUTSIDE your RBR installation, and load these into each different weather setting, so you 1) have a backup at hand and 2) need to edit your notes only once.
Pressing "ESC" just before starting the stage to pause the game will do the trick, you will then have enough time to load the notes.
There are rumours that RSRBR only allows about 60 seconds pausing the game before driving, but I can't confirm that because I do not use this mod at all ...

Thanks for your answer, very clear as usual!
For my driving style, I think the updated notes should be the same.
Based on your explanation, what I'll try is, after updating one stage pacenote:
- take a note with the name of "track_whatever";
- backup the "track-65_other weather";
- make a copy of the pacenote I just changed "track_whatever"; and rename it to "track-65_other weather".

makes sense? I don't think this can create any problems with the mod!

Thanks

Did you see well what you did?
You put the version 1.1 not the 1.3.

As WB must have jumped off a nearby building in disbelief, I'll just notify that 1.10 and 1.1 are two different things. It's a common misunderstanding, don't worry. I wonder how many people believed (or hoped) back in the day that after 1.9, Assetto Corsa would have to go 2.0...

Last edited:
A new version of the Pacenote Plugin is available !

1.11.0 2017-08-25
* new config parameter enableGUI to support VR devices

New entry in file Pacenote.ini:

Code:
;
; Enable or disable rendering of the plugin's dialogs (pacenote/camera editor).
; If disabled, you cannot open the dialogs by double clicking the mouse.
; The pacenote callout handler is still active.
; VR devices and their drivers are known to cause problems using the dialogs,
; so you may want to disable the GUI, but still be able to use the pacenote
; callout handler for your customized pacenote calls to be emitted.
;
; Valid values:
;   0   disable
;   1   enable
enableGUI=1

Tested using the Oculus Rift CV1 & the RBRvr plugin (v1.5 from http://www.kegetys.fi/).

Special thanks go to Tyler for doing the tests.

@WorkerBee
What is the story behind Telemetry Data Recorder -feature?
I can see that it has been disabled since v1.5.1 but ReadMe.PaceNote.txt still contains "how-to", so maybe I just need to activate it..
If it has been totally disabled, was it working v1.0 -> 1.5.1?

Second question :)
Do you know is it possible to make pacenotes hear only headphones and other sounds hear only speakers, just like in "real world"? If you know what i mean.
It might be working if all RBR sounds are stereo (2 channels) and pacenotes are only left channel and other sounds are only right channel. Or other way around (right/left), it doesn't matter.
But it needs quite a lot of work, so I was wondering that it might be more easy to do that with plugin (dll).
Any thoughts...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing