PaceNote Plugin Support - General

Remember, you can add all what you want. Record the sounds, define custum pacenote events and place it where you want on the track. You can take more than 1 sound for one event. For example make 8 different braking sounds in lenght and loudnes/charakter of this sound and rename and define it with a index. its possible to chose for every curve another sound index for same event. If you spend some work to record sounds and understand ini definition, all is possible.
I belive, that polish mode nothing do more than play a sound at a defined position on driveline.
I realy think, workerbee do a fantastic job and i dont see any advantage to claw on another tool (except you must spend work for sounds and it must reworked notes for every track to use extended notes). All other tools are workarounds or do mistakes (rbrdll). Only that was the reason to spend much work for a complete new tool. It would be good if people forget the country or comunity thinking and test the tool as fast as possible. Its working good and the involved people have all fresh skill in head. So now you can get the best support (for sounddesign too) and you can help to improve it.

And please, no discussion about different tools in whatever community. It is as it is and the base will not changed to rebuild another one.

Lamda

For me all this programs is wonderful., but I try all of them, some things I like form one of them, and some from others.
Any way, I want help, with my ideas, make yours plugin better. Be better take some good part (and it is brake sound) from polish pacenote program and add for yours. I think you must talk about this with Paweł 'topdrive' Łuczak (he is creator polish program)... Brake sound is additional information in game and it's good for driver get much more information, as is possible, from car...
Yes, brake sounds hear different on different road surface - on tarmac on hear much more:
Jan Kopecky, I make mistake, not in Prokop car :D
If it's not possible - not big problem, I can used all this program in the same time - any way, you help to say "goodbye" for camhack :D
sorry for my terrible english

I found some bug!: when in Czech plugin (Shakedown mode or online to)
If chose:
Prospect Ridge, RS 2009 Shakedown too in others not test yet...
Day time - default - if chose morning - work fine with all surfaces and all possibles combinations
Surface - not important
Surface age - not important
Sky - morning heavycloud heavyrain
edited pacenotes not loaded

Updated - if track have two different Day times or defoult or another one pace notes need to edit in all of thems

U have to note day time, where u made(or edit) your own pacenotes.
Morning - track_xxx_M
Noon - track_xxx_N
Evening - track_xxx_E
After editing go to folder Maps and replace not edited with this correct one.
In polish codriver u can use a every sample. Our pilots record this same note with diffrent tonnage, so u can put this note at begining, in middle or at the end of sentence. And its very nice, because when u drive its not sound "so strange".
And in this, use a few samples as one note, its hmm strange, what purpose of it? If its simillar like in polish, use few samples, but its depending of the position in sentence then ok :).
Breaks, in polsh are only two sounds of breaks, I dont know when wich play.

And why this one is called PRO? Because U can difine your own pacenote exactly how U like, Original codriver is not a limit/border. Like in rbrdll ofc U can make yor own pacenotes but only with original samples.

Interesting option in this program is ability to modify a camera position :).

But also this one like polish one, have problem with hungarian and french plugin, wich use diffrent tracks as the same track id :).

PS sorry for my grrama ;)

Regards

And why this one is called PRO? Because U can difine your own pacenote exactly how U like, Original codriver is not a limit/border. Like in rbrdll ofc U can make yor own pacenotes but only with original samples.

But also this one like polish one, have problem with hungarian and french plugin, wich use diffrent tracks as the same track id :).

Before telling such nonsense you should better take a close look at The Beast.

1) You can define your own pacenote IDs and play an arbitrary sound at a position on the driveline you want it to be like any other original note.
The shipped version contains about 250+ predefined pacenotes and an english sound package to show what it is capable of.

2) The Beast does not contain the bug mentioned above, this is ridiculous. If one doesn't know how RBR works he shouldn't claim that there are issues. RBR simply uses different DLS (=pacenotes) files for different weather settings as stated above.

3) The Beast does not have a problem with any mod (hu, fr, whatever). It already has been successfully tested with rsrbr.
Furthermore, you could anytime save your edited pacenotes to a BTB formatted INI file and reload this before you start the stage.
Not being able to load an add-on track like e.g. Bergheim using the correct track id is an issue of the respective mod, not of the Pacenote plugin.
Decent plugins, like TrainingDay or the CZ plugin, show how it is done appropriately, because the developers simply have more insight into the internals of RBR.

Cheers,
Uncle G.

Every single one of you are just wrong. I've tried both of these things and could give you a fair and balanced view, but won't bother.

I've got a real-ish issue: Now, it could very well be that I've made a huge mess of my files, but it seems that I cannot make the plugin to count the distances right. With RBR.ini (the pacenotes one, not the ranges one) the game counts the distances just like it should but with the other ini-files the distances often are incorrect - most notably the plugin ignores "bumps" and "overcrests" on straights.

Is this a known issue, or should I try to re-compile the old mappings by editing the latest set of ini-files? I'd like to use Numeric.ini only so that I can exploit the extra corner slots in TWO_RIGHT and TWO_LEFT.

Basically I recommend to RTFM.

We have a readme, a quickstart guide, and a more than detailed documented set of ini files, all located in the doc folder.

There is no issue with distance calls or whatsoever.
You screwed up your ini files by omitting the "INTO=" entry in the categoy's ini file defining the pacenote.

Have a look at obstacles\Rbr.ini and Extended.ini:
Code:
;
; File:        Rbr.ini
; Version:      1.0
; Date:        2012-04-01
;

[PACENOTE::OVERCREST]  ; legacy sound
link=INTO
column=1

[PACENOTE::BUMP]        ; legacy sound
link=INTO
column=1

[PACENOTE::BRIDGE]      ; legacy sound
link=ONTO
column=0

; here an example from extended.ini
[PACENOTE::BUMP]
id=19
Sounds=1
Snd0=bump.ogg
link=INTO
column=1

As you should know from the docs, the link entry specifies the sound to play for short distances and also specifies that the note is being recognized in the distance calculation.

But maybe I am totally wrong here and don't know how my own plugin works, and you know better than everybody else.

But I don't bother.

A final, last word on this Pro thingy:
I will not ever implement whatever feature this thing has.
BTW this is the Pacenote plugin support forum.

Ok I just have to add something positive here.

I absolutely LOVE this plugin! It does everything I've ever wanted to do in the game and let me make notes for all those nice BTB stages which don't get nice notes, because it's hard to do with that program. It's well thought out and allows many different styles to be used. Great effort guys, much appreciated! ;):D

I love it too!
You get all features what need to simulate a real co driver. You are able to add and change every note or sound. There some very usefull features on top of "pacenote editing". But it is same as all, as more features, as more you must study the the help files to understand. It is a tool for Rally simulation fans and not for occasional players or arcade racer.

Lamda

I love it too!
You get all features what need to simulate a real co driver. You are able to add and change every note or sound. There some very usefull features on top of "pacenote editing". But it is same as all, as more features, as more you must study the the help files to understand. It is a tool for Rally simulation fans and not for occasional players or arcade racer.

Lamda
What you say is in some ways correct but we have also setup these Support forums to help you with any problems you are having or for any additional explanations that you need to enable you to get the best out of this Plugin.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the distance calls changed to the same voice as the other numeric calls, but I understand there may be some complications in that.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the distance calls changed to the same voice as the other numeric calls, but I understand there may be some complications in that.

So you really think we managed to replace the legacy calls, add arbitrary custom calls, jump to any location on the track and are not capable of getting the distance calls replaced ?!

To get advanced distance calls in the same voice as the other pacenotes simply select "Extended.ini" in the second combo box.
The first is for selecting the corner and standard calls, the second for the ranges or distances.

Is there anyone that can share a DLS-file for an original stage with modified pacenotes.
I would like to test a stage where all the possibilities of new calls with the plugin is used.
This may serve as inspirationv for others to modify notes and to share them

Is there anyone that can share a DLS-file for an original stage with modified pacenotes.
I would like to test a stage where all the possibilities of new calls with the plugin is used.
This may serve as inspirationv for others to modify notes and to share them

That would be cool. I have redone the rally school stage so far, but haven't saved the .ini file yet. I'm currently working on a 26km BTB stage (can't remember the name now but it's a Finland one you can get on this site) that had no notes at all, but that's taking a long time. That might have just about every note in it by the end.

[QUOTEI would like to test a stage where all the possibilities of new calls with the plugin is used.][/QUOTE]

the best way is "try it youself". You will need some time to get the right workflow. But it is easy if you understand it. There some functions which need not often (for example: move call distance forward or backward without change note position).

i will make notes maybe for 2 or 3 tracks next days, but only my personal (german notes) (and not to check possibillities). It will working for english too, but maybe the sense is a little bit different between languages. I will uploded if ready.

Lamda

hi, i have question about adding new pace notes
First, I have my original RBR pace notes in other language (russian) and it is have Numeric-Descending-Swapped system already. For me its good, but I need add, some new my pace note (about 5-6 of them). What system or configuration I must used and how I can add my? I'm realy not strong with english, and dont understand how do it by tutorial ...
Thanks for answer?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing