PaceNote Plugin Support - General

Using RSRBR with Pacenote Plugin Installed

PaceNote Plugin was written to work with the vanilla version of RBR and as such works well with the program. RBR was designed to accept and work with plugins and that is why the plugin works.

Rallyesim have been given an evaluation copy of the plugin but for some reason (which they have never explained to the developer) Rallyesim have decided to rename all ‘unwanted’ plugins and has categorized the new PaceNote as unwanted yet, is far superior that the current pacenote editor that they include with their RSCenter..

So, if you want to make full use the PaceNote plugin you need to make representations to Rallyesim to get them to allow the use of this plugin in online sessions – if we don’t lobby them then nothing will change.

Please make sure you make bakups of the dls files so that you can restore them.

Will the Pacenote Editor work with BTB Stages?
According to the Readme it does :), but if so, the method described in the Quickstart guide may need modifying for BTB Stages. You can't save BTB replays and play them later in RBR.
I assume we could do it by running the replay immediately after driving the Stage?

So this can't be used in RSRBR, not even offline?

Been looking for something like this from some time, sounds great finally to be able to have custom pacenotes instead of just modifing the sounds of the same notes.

To clarify the RSRBR issue:

the point is that rsrbr actually renames any unknown or unwanted plugins (DLLs) in the plugins folder to e.g. TrainingDay.no (where no means something like buzz off, excuse my bad french).

You can use the beast to edit your notes outside rsrbr in a vanilla rbr installation and copy the dls to rsrbr.
This will work only when sticking to the standard pacenote variant (Rbr.ini) using only the well known, legacy IDs.
If you would use the Numeric/Extended variant you would only hear the corner and some other calls, but not the 200+ custom notes.
Cause the pacenote plugin uses its own pacenote callout handler to let rbr play these sounds.

So, there is no official way to execute the pacenote plugin in rsrbr.
Therefore we have to lobby at rallysim to get the french allow the use of this plugin in any kind of rally (offline + online!).

So this can't be used in RSRBR, not even offline?

All the testing I'm doing at the moment is offline, making a replay and then running though that and deleting/moving notes using the helicopter view.

Will the Pacenote Editor work with BTB Stages?
According to the Readme it does :), but if so, the method described in the Quickstart guide may need modifying for BTB Stages. You can't save BTB replays and play them later in RBR.
I assume we could do it by running the replay immediately after driving the Stage?

The quick start guide is what it says - it just to get you going with the editor part. There are plans to have a new user manual that contains tutorials on the more complicated side of this plugin - how to make your own custom notes. This involves understanding the folder/file structure of the package and how the .ini files work.

As far as the BTB stages go then I would experiment a little with those stages, having backed up what you can first and then trying to edit/save notes. I'll do a quick test for you and post back later.

The sound files were intended to be used in the standard setup of RBR so they should work in
a standard installation of RBR (there is a seperate thread dealing with sounds)

You've certainly taken care of everything, WB. When I first read about the BTB format ini feature I must admit I had my concerns about Start, Splits, Finish Line and End of Track and if they remained intact after loading external pacenotes... but of course they did. Why I had any doubts in the first place, is just unbelievable. :)

Strange I write post about similar, as yours program (from poland), but now I don't see them... Ok I repeat it:
They make some additional pacenote reader "WRSMP CODRIVER PRO" (you can find it in polish rbr fans site: http://e-rajdy.p) and it have additional function - breack sound. Would be great, if you add this "addon" in yours program to.
what you think about it?

Strange I write post about similar, as yours program (from poland), but now I don't see them... Ok I repeat it:
They make some additional pacenote reader "WRSMP CODRIVER PRO" (you can find it in polish rbr fans site: http://e-rajdy.p) and it have additional function - breack sound. Would be great, if you add this "addon" in yours program to.
what you think about it?

I had a look at this, maybe i missed something in the google translation but i can't see anything that this plugin doesn't already cover.

WorkerBee's PaceNote Plugin will handle different language calls and will also allow custom notes such a Brake and Handbrake.
These features are available in all releases of the Plugin but you need to provide the sounds in your language in .ogg file format and then alter
the appropriate .ini files to allow you to use your custom notes in RBR.

We are currently in the process of writing another manual to cover the topics of custom notes and adapting the software to meet
individual needs such a special calls and different language sounds.

It's simple "WRSMP CoDriver PRO" additional program, but have problem with editing pace notes (to hard make edit or new) and have only polish language.., but easy make new samples in .wav file format... But have break and hand break sound in game!

If I get you right, this is a simple program with which it is very difficult to edit or add new pacenotes.

So, what does the "PRO" stand for ?

'bout the brake thingy: actually I would fire my mechanics if the brakes of my car would make any noise.
RBR already has tyre skid sounds ect. built in, so anybody should hear when there is some braking going on.

Uncle G.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing