PaceNote Plugin Support - General

I have one additional Idea, is possible add one function - "Save as"
Why it's need - when you finish with yours own pace note and save it you have it only for one of weather condition "O" "E" "N".. And if you want have the same for all others you must go to RBR folder , Maps... ANd do all manualy... But if we have Save As function, we will do it for all in one time...
A?, what you think?

I deliberately did not implement such a function, although I was thinking about it thoroughly.

The point is that I would have to check in advance whether the to-be-overwritten file really does belong to the stage being edited.
In the context of several plugins and mods shuffling around stage files in an unofficial and undocumented way this could be a daunting task.
If I can not guarantee that a certain functionality does work 100% I simply skip it.

Of course I am aware of the MONE issue, but, the recommended way to load custom notes for each weather and/or daytime condition is to use the BTB ini file format.

So, after editing and saving the nice weather stage, you could save your notes to an ini file, then load the bad weather stage, reload the saved nice weather ini file and make your changes for wet conditions.
Then a simple "Save" (to the "O" or whatever DLS file) would be sufficient.

Or may be another option.
When saving, to ask: "do you want save file for others conditions too". I mean as different save (only for current track) little bit like Save as but only in same track slot...

For the non-believers:
So many plugins and mods shuffling files around before loading the stage.
It is quite impossible to find the right files to overwrite or to save to in a safe way without potentially screwing up the whole rbr installation.

you not understand, the plugin use original file form but track id´s not same as czech (and real id will renamed during driving)

you can also change notes, go to map folder, sort by date and copy dls to other wether vertions (only have to know, which is installed). generaly there 4 different weather tracks possible: (with hard and softshadows) _M (morning), _N (noon), _E (evening) or with only softshadows _O (overcast). on czech plugin "default" options load allways _O Version, _M or _N or _E is shown in the menue as morning or noon or evening

i think its the right way to stay open for all plugins, there is enough specilized in the rbr comunitys.

Lamda

...so...does this work with rsrbr online races now? sorry if I missed that answer I tried to read every post but a lot of it hasn't made much sense yet, I haven't even downloaded this yet let alone RTFM (past tense)

This sounds like exactly what I want for making my own custom pace notes, but if I can't use it online I don't think there's a whole lot of reason for me to get it.

No, not yet.
The guys at RallyeSim have said that they will try to include it in a future Update, let's hope it is in Update 05 which is due out in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully it'll be out soon, this plugin sounded too cool for me to not mess with it, so I went ahead and got it.

Here's a video of my pacenotes at the rally school track if anyone's interested in checking it out. I'm obviously still figuring out how to use the program best, but so far it seems like a really awesome thing to have. Hoping rallyesim get it in the next update because the stock pacenotes seem kinda weak knowing I can do this :)

That's quite a lot to listen at... Did your codriver had a chance to breath? :whistling:

For the German community I had prepared two video tutorials for basic handling and editing with the pacenote plugin, but those are probably of limited use here due to my German language comments.

Nevertheless: first one

second one

hi, guys My nAme is Dino, is possible create with this pluging pacenotes for BTB stages for example 2012-01-19 RALLY FINLAND RUUHIMÄKI 2009 SS23 , in offline mode, because i try to make it, and i couldn`t save the pacenotes.ini , only DLS format, and BTB cant read this, Thanks for your help!

For the non-believers:
So many plugins and mods shuffling files around before loading the stage.
It is quite impossible to find the right files to overwrite or to save to in a safe way without potentially screwing up the whole rbr installation.

hi, friend My nAme is Dino, is possible create with this pluging pacenotes for BTB stages for example 2012-01-19 RALLY FINLAND RUUHIMÄKI 2009 SS23 , in offline mode, because i try to make it, and i couldn`t save the pacenotes.ini , only DLS format, and BTB cant read this, Thanks for your help!

@Dino:

Yes, it is possible to create BTB pacenotes with the plugin. These are more or less shots in the dark as I naturally don't know anything about your working methods, but couple of issues do spring to mind:

1) When you "save as BTB" (or a phrase to that effect), did you add the .ini extension to the filename? For instance, "pacenotes.ini" instead of just "pacenotes". Adding the INI extension could be essential, or perhaps not (can't claim I've really tested that). And you can always try to add the extension afterwards to recover the file, if that's indeed the problem.

2) Did you notice that you're saving the file to a temporary place by default, so you're not actually replacing Ruuhimäki pacenotes right there and then. What I'm saying is that when you reload the stage at some point, your own pacenotes won't automatically be loaded, unless you've intentionally replaced the original pacenotes.ini file.

3) Or did the plugin tell you that the save process has been unsuccessful somehow, is that what you meant? That's never happened to me personally, so I don't know if it's even possible.

Hope you got something out of this. :)

Maybe one thing worth mentioning is that you can press ESC right before the 3-2-1 countdown (after the camera animation) and load any BTB format ini file with your favorite pacenotes.
Be it "2012-01-19 RALLY FINLAND RUUHIMÄKI 2009 SS23.ini" or whatever suites your needs. Provided you have saved that before in another session.

When using RSRBR I think you can not overwrite the pacenotes.ini file cause it is being replaced any time you restart the stage, as porridge already said.

Sorry, no way to fix that, as this is part of the UI library.

Try grabbing the frame at the bottom right corner where it is a little bit thicker than the rest of the border.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%