Pacenote Map (& Video) Editor

DiRT Rally 2.0 Pacenote Map (& Video) Editor 22b

Login or Register an account to download this content
k8962c submitted a new resource:

Pacenote Map Editor - Simple Visual Map-Based Pacenote Editor

Map-based pacenote editor, to hopefully remove some of the confusion I often find when trying to line up pacenotes with a stage via screen recording of a recce run...

After loading you should see a curses text command window showing distances increasing up the page, and pacenotes. There should be another window showing the stage map trace, with pacenote points overlaid on top. As you move through the stage, it'll shift/rotate the stage such that the current location is in the centre, and...

Read more about this resource...

Working on a video player to play a screen-recording of the stage-recce used to generate the map trace, such that it'll all stay in sync. Proof of concept working using ffpyplayer. Framerate isn't amazing, but should still be useful. Tried python-vlc and pyglet and various issues with each. ffpyplayer seemed to "just work" the best.

k8962c updated Pacenote Map (& Video) Editor with a new update entry:

Added Video Support

Now pops up another window with video playback of a recce screen-recording (provided by you) in the same location as the pacenotes and RDA trace.

Audio plays also, so I find it useful to do a slow speed recce with the original in-game audio playing, then I can compare these with my notes.
If you've got notes which are pretty good, you could probably also just use your phone to record yourself calling out corrections or something. (TBC if a plain-audio file would work; probably would hang...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back