Pace Car

It dawned on me the other day that one sits right at the end of the pit lane with its lights flashing but i've never actually seen it do anything.

Does the Pace car actually have any function within GTR evolution?

used to

in the old RACE it had a function, you could do a full formation lap. However, it's driving style was so erratic that people usually stopped using the function after two or three times (no joy in crashing into the pace car as it slows down to a crawl before even the tiniest little turn :) )

So, look at it as a kind of leftover from an earlier time as the curious little hump we all have in our ears (now, what's it's name ...?) which has no function whatsoever but used to.

So, look at it as a kind of leftover from an earlier time as the curious little hump we all have in our ears (now, what's it's name ...?) which has no function whatsoever but used to.

Ah! I don't know what its called either BUT it does have a function. When your in a night club and your mate is trying to speak to you but you find the music too loud... all you need to do is push that little thing in your ear slightly and you will be able to hear him. Trust me i'm a .... DJ lol.

in the old RACE it had a function, you could do a full formation lap. However, it's driving style was so erratic that people usually stopped using the function after two or three times (no joy in crashing into the pace car as it slows down to a crawl before even the tiniest little turn :)
if RACE is based on gMotor, is there an option in the PLR file to set whether the saftey car is collidable or not. if it isnt collidable, the cars just go straight thru it which makes some of the erratic behaviour redundant.

shame its not used, i used to love the realism of the safety car when i used to play old nascar games.

But then i guess you need it in a 30car pile up, "GO HIGH, GO HIGH!!"
ARCA Sim Racing 08 has a working safety car complete with working roof lights. Also, with online races in gtr-e, you could use the safety car mod and have somone as a manual safety car? ok so the blue flags wouldnt work properly but it would still be interesting. tho ud need a racedirector posting messages as to when the safety car is coming out etc.

What I have noticed during the loading of a track, in the top left of the screen the progress message seems to stay on "Loading Safety Car" the longest. Clearly this must be an in joke with the devs, as I can't imagine there being a lot of code to load when running the
Code:
LoadPointlessSafetyCar()
function. :laugh2:

As an aside, I got so pissed off with the public servers tonight, I have decided to read the skinning tutorials and give that a go. :pissed-off:

ARCA Sim Racing 08 has a working safety car complete with working roof lights. Also, with online races in gtr-e, you could use the safety car mod and have somone as a manual safety car? ok so the blue flags wouldnt work properly but it would still be interesting. tho ud need a racedirector posting messages as to when the safety car is coming out etc.

You can manually drive the safter car in races in CTDP06 for rFactor, pretty cool stuff.

Defo. Although i only see a saftey car being needed on public servers lol

would be needed in private servers also, as a healthy excuse to bunch the field back up.

What I have noticed during the loading of a track, in the top left of the screen the progress message seems to stay on "Loading Safety Car" the longest. Clearly this must be an in joke with the devs, as I can't imagine there being a lot of code to load when running the
Code:
LoadPointlessSafetyCar()
function. :laugh2:

its a model just like all the others and has to be loaded seperately, i think it loads last and then other things are loading which arent listed due to their random boringness to the end user.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 92 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 85 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 124 13.7%