AMS2 P3 Class @ Curitiba, Tuesday 8th November 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Sory for quitting out but another race where I'm off the pace again and racing at the back on my own is just boring. Not sure why I'm suddenly a lot slower than the others I used to be close racing with. I need to try and work out why before I sign up to any more races.

Last edited:
Sory for quitting out but another race where I'm off the pace again and racing at the back on my own is just boring. Not sure why I'm suddenly a lot slower than the others I used to be close racing with. I need to try and work out why before I sign up to any more races.
Tim, can understand the frustration. I know you, me and Bas where close but we must say we put in some practice this weekend and custom setup. Not sure if you did the same. In addition some cars / tracks are more to someone likings than other. I experience the same.

Ah Tim don't give up, Mate! Maybe you just lost your flow a bit. We're here to help you!

I had fun! Thanks all for the race!
Unfortunately I picked the wrong car for the 1st race, the Honda is just so slow on the straight. @TimKo weren't you running the Honda as well?
Yes I did choose the Honda in the first race and it was very slow, made a mistake in one corner and that was it, no catching up in that car...

Tim, can understand the frustration. I know you, me and Bas where close but we must say we put in some practice this weekend and custom setup. Not sure if you did the same. In addition some cars / tracks are more to someone likings than other. I experience the same.
Eric, I don't get time recently to do any practice really which makes a big difference for me on these twisty tracks which why I'll stick with the faster tracks for now I think.

I put in some practice too, and in time trial and the ghosts there helped me know where i was losing time, as i found im usually not pushing the car as hard as i can potentially if im by myself.

However i did feel i improved recently as in any improvement sometimes happens suddenly rather than gradual like when you finally "get" a few things. But then im still close to the pace of the others that i was close to so people could be improving too.
So apart from the practice, we prob just need to be patient with it

Last edited:
Thanks for the races guys, I had fun. Should have gone with the Rocco for the 2nd race. The Honda was a more forgiving drive than the Duratec, but a little slow.

@T1MKO I felt like that with the GT1 events on Thursdays a few months ago. Very little time to practice and being further off the back of the grid every week gets demoralising.

Results:
Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 23-25-26 Result 221109-ZC0 - Imola_GP_1972 - RaceDepartment.com #3 P3...png

I went through a period where I felt like I was going backward when I was racing with the AC group. I found it bloody frustrating and I think it ended up compounding the problem. I don't fully really remember how I got through it, but I do remember taking the time to video laps and sharing with the group and they gave a load of tips and advice. Happy to take a look at any replays you want to share and put my oar in

In addition some cars / tracks are more to someone likings than other. I experience the same.
Yeah, I'm also the same. Some combos just click and others are a right 'mare. I actually really like that though as I find I learn so much more on the ones I struggle with. Mixing it in the pack is the holy grail for me though. It's just as boring being miles out front as miles behind.

I can't recall how I've got out of the seeming no-improvement-rut of races where I've been nowhere. It still happens, I only need to go in to the rF2 races here on RD to be well off the pace by a few seconds to the fastest guys. There are no easy tracks, everyone of them is difficult when pushing @ the limit. There is only lap after lap of practice and lap after lap in the races themselves. I usually learn how to drive a car during the race, but the tracks are only knowable from time and laps. We are making our way through a host of unfamiliar tracks, so everyone is in the same boat. We could do more in discussing setups in the chat, I'm always keen to share if I've found any speed in the car from testing. I say this, because you know Classic Spa is coming very soon and it needs a lot of practice.

I really enjoyed these cars, but it highlighted something in AMS2 that still bugs me a bit, which is that you cannot BoP classes. I'm not sure of the best way to deal with this as I'm not keen on forcing a single vehicle. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could we maybe have a gentleman's agreement on a 'not too much of a beast' in the class for the majority to get a decent close race, but if someone wants to romp up the road on their lone-some they are free to do so?

Could we maybe have a gentleman's agreement on a 'not too much of a beast' in the class for the majority to get a decent close race
I think this would be the best. And just for everyone not only the majority.
Then if someone still picks a more powerful car to get the easy win, all the best to them...

Still there will always be people not reading right or just picking the wrong car (like I did yesterday in the 1st race :p ).

I was torn between removing the turbo from the server and letting everyone be free to choose as they like. I decided that the turbo was faster but trickier to handle, so left it open. The Porsche and Corvette is another instance where the class is not strictly level, but that's how they were in reality so I tend to leave them as is. However, the 2nd race last week where everyone chose the Porsche is a good reflection of how drivability trumps wild, difficult speed. If it's too lopsided I will tend to exclude the faster car from the races.

Last edited:
However, the 2nd race last week where everyone chose the Porsche is a good reflection of how drivability trumps wild, difficult speed
That race really hammered it home for me. It's soooooo much more fun when you have closely matched cars that let you play a bit at your limit. I know that can be a bit 'boring', but in reality I don't get a lot of time to race, so I'll grab all the 'door banging' sessions I can get.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%