RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Greg. I did find myself trying hard when the panic attack happened. I'll do some multiplayer and leisurely drive for some human interaction.

I'm not expecting to become an alien over night, but if the anxiety doesn't happen, than that is a plus.

I wasn't going to complain, but I'm tired of what I call mid race jitters.

Every race I have ran, at about the 19 minute mark, I just get so nervous that I cannot hit my Mark's or modulate brakes and throttle inputs. It becomes difficult to even look far enough ahead to plan for what's coming.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? It's becoming frustrating to see my pace just fall off due to stress, and most of the time, I am not being contested by anyone. Any advice would be appreciated.
I echo what @2112 said, and I will add this. Don't turn a minor mistake into a major. If you have an issue like missing an apex or braking point don't try and make it up on the next turn or lap. Take the extra moment to get the car back under control, make sure the tires are clean before you push again.
One thing about racing in the club is confidence in the other drivers. On public servers I have very little and my consistency suffers, here I have total confidence which allows me to race my line without fear of being rubbed out. Still working on it as I remember @sc4dr saying one time to me not to give my spot up so easily, that was good advice.

I echo what @2112 said, and I will add this. Don't turn a minor mistake into a major. If you have an issue like missing an apex or braking point don't try and make it up on the next turn or lap. Take the extra moment to get the car back under control, make sure the tires are clean before you push again.
One thing about racing in the club is confidence in the other drivers. On public servers I have very little and my consistency suffers, here I have total confidence which allows me to race my line without fear of being rubbed out. Still working on it as I remember @sc4dr saying one time to me not to give my spot up so easily, that was good advice.
That is excellent advice for any racer but even more so for those who are...slower (for lack of a better term). I will rarely give up a position as I see it as mine. Racing for that position will lead to mistakes, moreso the less experience you have, but one cannot learn if one shies away from fighting for it. The more you fight for position, the better you will get at learning to defend or be the aggressor.

Even lapping cars to not have the right to force you off your line. They are not allowed to make you leave your line, but must go around you safely. I was in the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend and the fact that passing cars are obligated to give you your line (as long as you stay on your regular line) and they are obligated to pass safely, seems to be lost on many drivers. One guy was hitting his lights as if they were going out of style. I kept my line and when we were at a part of the track that would allow him to go around I kept my line and let him go around. As he pulled alongside I lifted momentarily to give him room and then kept on going.

He was faster due to our damage, but he spun and I passed him again. Later he came back around and was flashing as if his life depended upon it. I waited to a safe area of the track and let him pass again, this time telling him on chat that he was going to spin again and I was going to pass him again. He did, and I did.

Late race report here.

Was not sure if I were to race or not. As I've said before, Saturdays aren't the best nights for me. My partner is very tolerant :) but of course Saturday is Saturday... I know the reasoning behind the choice of race day so I'm not complaining.:cool:

Anyhow, took a late descission and signed up. Had only done som test laps around the track in the Aquila so was not really prepared. Have however turned many laps around this track before and the Aquila is relatively easy to drive so was soon up to speed in the practice session.

R1: Held 4th place in the opening laps but Calwyn and company was too fast to follow. Was under huge pressure before the guy behind did some mistake and I could breath a little again. But then more pressure and I soon found myself in the gravel of the fast downhill right hander. Accidently used my clutch pedal as break pedal... :rolleyes: Then had a nice battle with @Antmerino for 10th place.:thumbsup:

R2: Pole! Did an ok start but soon had two cars on the inside into T1. So from 1st to 3rd in one corner. Then @Rick K did a mistake (?) and it was between me and Soi from there on. At first I thought I could escape but towards the end Soi was right back at me. We had a little battle before he got by, tried my best to come back but couldn't. Great driving @rustymoto :notworthy: ! Was a bit worried about @Derek44 at end but the gap was enough to at least keep 2n place.

Thanks again @Goffik for arranging this series! :thumbsup:

Another thing. I am not doing much setup work but am a little bit interested to know if anyone drove with partial traction control or completely off? Did a few laps on Most yesterday but could not judge if I was faster or not with it turned down.

Yes I'm still not too sure what happened there, was a bit wide and braking while turning in, never had a problem before there but suddenly it snapped away. Asking a bit too much on cold tires I think as I was trying to make an early break away. Was a shame as I already had some good racing with you guys in race 1 so was looking forward to a good race. But better luck next time!

I drove Zandvoort with full tc, had the idea I was faster that way, especially coming out of the chicane, had some tricky moments there without tc in practice.

Thanks Greg. I did find myself trying hard when the panic attack happened. I'll do some multiplayer and leisurely drive for some human interaction.

I'm not expecting to become an alien over night, but if the anxiety doesn't happen, than that is a plus.
It's pretty simple really @Wilko Jones. Just know that there is nothing on the line, no money at stake, your family will not be harmed etc etc, if you win or lose. Be conscious of keeping a light grip on the wheel (nod to my MX days), take a deep breath, and slow down when you find yourself overdriving. I have years of real world racing experience, and years of sim racing on top of it. You will eventually become that fine wine, or aged scotch/whiskey/bourbon....

I will. Truth be told, I felt I wasn't ready for the ranked servers until now. I'll see if anything is brewing later today.
I felt the same way, so I stayed away from ranked servers.
Quite surprised when I saw my D rating on a leader board. Turns out participating in RR timed contests also assigns a rating.

I'm in.
Track limits are a pain in the rear in the Corvette, either it is only 3 feet wide or the seating position is really screwing with my perspective as to where I am on the track. :whistling:
I'm trying out the two orange cars right now, not sure what I'll be driving yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%