P1-X with Mercedes Seat

Hi folks,

I'm looking for some guidance, i plan on buying the simlabs P1X cockpit and would like to mount a Mercedes seat either;

Or

Could anyone confirm whether this is possible and what parts would i need to mount it? Would i need to do any drilling...etc?

Last edited:
You just need a couple pieces of profile running from side to side to bolt your sliders to.

I was able to use a VW seat and 8mm bolts through the sliders.

You will likely see that the sliders are not symmetrical under the seat. The sliders are offset towards the doors. This was a passenger seat so the sliders were skewed to the right.

Hopefully the outside slider will line up with the top of the frame and not go over otherwise your profile would need to slightly extend over the edge of the frame.

You may want to get the seat and measure before getting your profile unless you can get the profile oversize and are comfortable cutting it to size.

You can see the rear bolts on this seat. There were a couple more up front. So you should be able to just run a couple pieces of sliders from the top of the frame on both sides.

SeatTransducer_3983.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for replying, maybe my eyes are knackered but looking at the underside of the second seat it looks like the rails are symmetrical, do you think i could potentially mount that seat directly to the P1X cockpit without having do to any cutting or drilling?

Upvote 0
Thank you for replying, maybe my eyes are knackered but looking at the underside of the second seat it looks like the rails are symmetrical, do you think i could potentially mount that seat directly to the P1X cockpit without having do to any cutting or drilling?

Yes I think you could, but I don't remember if the two pieces of 40x40 profile that come with the kit are wide enough to go sideways. You might be able to make that work with them going front the back like they normally do, It all depends on the width of the sliders on that seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, that pair of profiles.
If the seat has sliders that fit between the side frames, you are golden.
Otherwise you would want pieces that are horizontal.

Let me mention something while you are looking at this purpose. I used the VS Passat seat for about a year and it was great for Rally, BUT as soon as I started driving tracks AND I moved up to the HE Sprint pedals and was pushing harder to modulate the brakes I found that the reclining seat did not give me enough back support and my lower back started to hurt.

That's when I got a racing shell seat.

Once I again I was perfectly happy with that seat until I started to push harder and do more trail braking and YMMV. Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Upvote 0
Interesting, i have a Merc A class and the seats are comfortable for an hour or so then can cause some discomfort in lower back area too, i would like to get a racing seat like the sparco evo qrt xl but i have 44" inch waste and tree trunk legs lol so would probably struggle in a bucket seat for maneuverability

Upvote 0
Interesting, i have a Merc A class and the seats are comfortable for an hour or so then can cause some discomfort in lower back area too, i would like to get a racing seat like the sparco evo qrt xl but i have 44" inch waste and tree trunk legs lol so would probably struggle in a bucket seat for maneuverability
You might want to look at a larger seat like the Sabelt Taurus XL.

Upvote 0
That is a nice looking bit of kit but slightly pricey, I've come across a seat with reasonable price that looks large and comfortable but not sure whether the brand is any good;

Upvote 0
The Trak Racer seat is not very comfortable as pretty much none of the racing seats are.

I have a 34” waist and 200 pounds. I fit in that seat fairly good, but did once have a 40” waist 260 pounds and it would have been dreadful.

I owned a Trak Racer setup with the exact seat.

I read the Corbeau FX1 Wide is pretty good for bigger guys, but have not sat in one.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing