P1-X build, couple things I would do differently

Love this cockpit! Everything I read said it was solid, and no exaggeration, it is rock solid, could not be happier.

Couple things I would do if I were starting over - get the wheels for the bottom!! This thing is not light, and then add the wheel base, and it is tough for me to move around. Major over-sight on my part.

I think I would probably go with the wheel deck rather than the Fanetec specific wheel mount. There is nothing at all wrong with the Fanatec mount, but I was working by myself, and I wonder if it would have been easier to mount and adjust it with the deck. That said, the engineering of this unit is so darn good, even with the extra parts of the Fanatec mount, I was able to get it set up.

The assembly went very well with some reviewing of YouTube builds, and everything lined up beautifully. Top notch piece of equipment.

Nice, glad you are happy with it. Extrusion sure is cool stuff huh? Casters should be a pretty easy find locally and you probably don't need to order them from SimLabs though you know theirs will work. Probably more expensive, but they make spring loaded casters that make it easier to move over any uneven surface. Nice expensive tool boxes for professional mechanics have them sometimes to help move around a large garage. I had thought they might be a nice upgrade over the Simlabs casters and you might want to check them out depending on your needs. Could be complete overkill, but they might add some isolation if you are worried about tactile disturbing someone around you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%