P1 vs LaFerrari

Hi all

As the title says, which do you guys think is faster around the track?

Now that they're both on AC, anyone care to share your experiences?

I've personally gotten faster laptimes out of the LaFerrari but I seem to get the laps wrong more often in it as well. Maybe I'm not pushing the P1 hard enough or something.

Daryl

Basically...
William Levesque said:
GUYS !

I did the laps with SLOW preset, 18C and mid-clear. Both cars on road tyres, slight alignment change to a more track worthy setting. 50L of fuel. Got out of the pits straight away and started the lap, by T1 6 seconds had gone past for each car, and it correlates somehow to where the actual finish line is, so laptimes are legit.

Ferrari LaFerrari: 6:56
William Levesque said:
Mclaren P1: 6:49

The Mclaren is quite easy to drive, I could go a tad quicker tho, wasn't a near perfect lap, but good enough. Feels a bit understeery however...

The Ferrari... Well, you gotta wheel it pretty hard, haha. I prefer it cause I'm a bit daft like that :p

The P1 definitely seems to have slightly better weight distribution. The Ferrari feels to be more heavy in the back and I assume has a softer suspension, which helps when I want to throw that weight around.

IMO the real problem with the Ferrari is that it feels like the dampers are in "comfort" mode, it doesn't seem to feel as tight as it maybe should in track mode. Still more fun tho :p
The McLaren has a real race mode though which gives it a huge advantage on track, being able to lower the car and put up a big wing gives it almost GT race car levels of downforce. The ferrari is stuck at it's road height. It would be interesting to see how they compared on a road with road height suspension.

imo both of them have too much grip in fast corners und too good traction in slow corners, in all testdrives you can see them drift like forever, not me in AC, but maybe iamdoing sth wrong.
However, i prefer the P1, for its sound and for it is not bouncing around so much

The McLaren has a real race mode though which gives it a huge advantage on track, being able to lower the car and put up a big wing gives it almost GT race car levels of downforce. The ferrari is stuck at it's road height. It would be interesting to see how they compared on a road with road height suspension.
That's true, but I'm only talking about the dampers themselves. It feels like they can't handle the workload at speed in the Ferrari, that's all.

imo both of them have too much grip in fast corners und too good traction in slow corners, in all testdrives you can see them drift like forever, not me in AC, but maybe iamdoing sth wrong.
However, i prefer the P1, for its sound and for it is not bouncing around so much
IMO, it feels like high downforce cars (which the hypercars are, even if they are street cars) are too efficient at speed, it's like they produce too much downforce. While at low speed I feel like they could do with a bit more grip in general.

I can drift the hypercars just fine, don't forget that they are on slicks by default. Put the road tyres on and they'll be happy to go sideways for you :p

The P1 feels better to me, much more balanced and I'm quicker with it too. The Ferrari TheFerrari understeers too much for me.
Other way around. The P1 is quite understeery. If you understeer more in the Ferrari, that's because you turn the wheel too much, the steering ratio is quite fast on it, so easy to "over-turn".

Well, I was earlier and did this, LOL
dTW2ihk.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%