P&G - how do you change graphical wheel rotation?

You know what...I think I'm crazy. I don't think you've ever been able to do this (in P&G or GTR2) - I can only assume I remembered doing this in rF1 and got confused. :/

You can turn off the wheel altogether, of course (next best thing). I'm not the type to get overly worked up about graphics, but I find it really, really distracting to have the wheel animation mis-matched with the real thing!

Thanks for the reply, David.

Every time I come back to P&G I think, "this time will be when it's finally showing its age". Guess what? It never does!!! It's like a fine wine...

Could I bug you with a couple more questions?

1) There has obviously been mountains of research that went into this mod. What did you guys find to be some of your best sources? I would love to do my own reading and research into this period of racing.

2) Do you guys have a definitive list somewhere of recommended wheel rotation settings? I know a handful of the cars will list a specific wheel rotation to use in the "showroom", but many of the cars do not.

1) There has obviously been mountains of research that went into this mod. What did you guys find to be some of your best sources? I would love to do my own reading and research into this period of racing.

The internet of course is rarely a primary source but has become more useful in the past few years. Books are the obvious source of information, especially on particular marques or cars. Period magazines often have technical articles and of course race reports. Ebay has been my primary source for old magazines and of course you can buy German, French and Italian magazines too without shipping becoming excessive. Shipping from the US tends to be expensive but old Road & Track magazines are available from the UK. Be warned - research can be a slippery slope - over the years I've spent far more on books and old magazines than I have on my gaming PC. Is there a specific area you are particularly interested in?

2) Do you guys have a definitive list somewhere of recommended wheel rotation settings? I know a handful of the cars will list a specific wheel rotation to use in the "showroom", but many of the cars do not.

I'm afraid the answer is no. High ratio racks were permitted to be fitted so even if you can find the steering lock data for the road car, it won't necessarily apply to the racing version. Again, if there are a few specific cars you're interested in I might have some data.

1) Thanks for the info! I think I was probably being a bit naive - I was picturing something along the lines of "The Big Book of Sports Car Racing in the 60's", by in reality it sounds as though you've spliced the information together from all sorts of sources (many of which take some digging to track down...Which makes P&G sound even more impressive now!) What if I narrowed it down to the Lotus Elan - do you recall some helpful source materials for learning about that particular car?

2) That helps, thank you. I'm interpreting this as, if there is a specific/definitive answer on what the real car ran, it's noted in the game. Where it's not been noted, it is because it varied from car to car based on team/driver preferences, available parts, etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.6%