P&G first or 10th Anniversary first when installing?

I'm kinda confused tbh, Do i install 10th anniversary first & THEN install P&G or do i install P&G first & then 10th Anniversary.

Cause the P&G installer gets angry at you if you have 10th Anniversary installed with the tracks having been altered etc.

There is a comprehensive readme with the patch that includes
----------------------------------------
| 2b) Power & Glory 3 (PnG3) INSTALL |
that covers your question.

There is a comprehensive readme with the patch that includes
| 2b) Power & Glory 3 (PnG3) INSTALL |
that covers your question.
I know but its the "create a clean GTR2 install in D:\PnG3" that confuses me.

& the fact that the P&G Installer gets angry at you for having done 2) with tracks being altered unless i'm supposed to do a complete new install of GTR2 for P&G & not just put it into the already existing GTR2 folder i have.

Maybe i'm just stupid & over thinking everything as usual :|

I have never downloaded png3.2 so I don't know if install options are exactly the same as my 3.1+3.2updater : there is an install option to not check gtr2 files, this is the best option with modded install.
There is also "slim down" option to delete all gtr2 modern content but my setup can do the same.
By the way, hq cars use hq tracks and not base tracks which are unmodified like base cars, so there is no problem. Moreover, my setup allows to restore original gtr2 files, or original png files, or hq files anytime with hundreds of combos (I have never counted but the possibilities are huge).
Since I made the GTR2_SETUP, order has very little importance whether you install hq patch before png or after, in the end the most important is the setup to patch png install.

Last edited:
I'm kinda confused tbh, Do i install 10th anniversary first & THEN install P&G or do i install P&G first & then 10th Anniversary.

Cause the P&G installer gets angry at you if you have 10th Anniversary installed with the tracks having been altered etc.
I just installed P & G and you should install the two parts of the 10th anniversary first. Then the P&G 3.2 and then run the GTR2_Setup.cmd
Follow the instructions as far as when to GTR2 Config and the admin rights.
It took me a couple of times.
Good luck!

I spent a few hours last weekend going through exactly this. I really wanted P&G and the normal Driving School to work. To save time for future anniversary updates, I made 3 "clean" folders:

1. GTR2, patched to 1.1.0.0 + No CD patch
2. PnG
3. Combined (#2 copied into #1)

I then copied #3 to the location I wanted to put it and copied in the anniversary patches (including the 2005 content). I ran the setup batch file and everything works. PnG w/Driving School + original cars from GTR2 if I ever wanted to drive them.

I spent a few hours last weekend going through exactly this. I really wanted P&G and the normal Driving School to work. To save time for future anniversary updates, I made 3 "clean" folders:

1. GTR2, patched to 1.1.0.0 + No CD patch
2. PnG
3. Combined (#2 copied into #1)

I then copied #3 to the location I wanted to put it and copied in the anniversary patches (including the 2005 content). I ran the setup batch file and everything works. PnG w/Driving School + original cars from GTR2 if I ever wanted to drive them.
This is exactly what I do ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%