P&G and a strange issue that appears to be caused by CPU affinity

I have been having I problem with the P&G mod, in that it crashes a LOT when I set cpu affinity to full. The message I get the most is " program requested a termination in an unusual way" There's a couple of other messages as well but this is the main message I get.
It almost seems like the multiple core thing somehow confuses the game, because when I don't use multiple cores there isn't a problem.
I'm mostly just curious as to why this happens? My fps still runs between 55 and 100 but it does have sudden changes which causes a bit of micro stuttering. I can live with that for now.
This is the only mod/game that has so many of my favorite cars from my youth. I grew up in the 60s and 70s so this is kind of like a childhood dream come true. So it is one my top 3 racing games.
Anyway I'm not stressed about it, just very curious as to why this is happening.
Any ideas or suggestions?

cpu affinity setting has nothing to do with this kind of error message, it looks like more a memory issue : which gtr2.exe do you use ? By default PnG mod will install the nocd 4Gb patched (exactly the same as in HQ Anniversary Patch) but if you overwrite it with default nocd then you lose the 4Gb extra memory and run out of memory with this kind of error message. Did you install high poly mods (AC conversions) ? These kind of mods require the 4Gb patched GTR2.EXE and even with it you can't run 100 cars like DurgeDriven do with low poly cars : in my case I have got CTD above 30 high poly cars grid with 4Gb patch and around 15 cars without 4Gb patch.
Moreover you said that you run Vista : if this is 32bits version then 4Gb patch will not work (for 64bits only) and you have 2.3Gb max available so there are great chances that you run out of free memory, in this case the only workaround is to limit the grid size to 15 cars max.

Last edited:
cpu affinity setting has nothing to do with this kind of error message, it looks like more a memory issue : which gtr2.exe do you use ? By default PnG mod will install the nocd 4Gb patched (exactly the same as in HQ Anniversary Patch) but if you overwrite it with default nocd then you lose the 4Gb extra memory and run out of memory with this kind of error message. Did you install high poly mods (AC conversions) ? These kind of mods require the 4Gb patched GTR2.EXE and even with it you can't run 100 cars like DurgeDriven do with low poly cars : in my case I have got CTD above 30 high poly cars grid with 4Gb patch and around 15 cars without 4Gb patch.
Moreover you said that you run Vista : if this is 32bits version then 4Gb patch will not work (for 64bits only) and you have 2.3Gb max available so there are great chances that you run out of free memory, in this case the only workaround is to limit the grid size to 15 cars max.
Thank you sir for your help. Your work around of fewer cars seems to have solved the issue I can't imagine how I could have lost the 4gb patch as I only installed the P&G mod and the HD update and as suggested to someone else By DurgeDriven I had already switched the compatibility to win 7. But strange sh!t happens on computers all the time so for now this is the answer.

And on a side note I really want to voice my appreciation for @GTR233 and @Durge Driven. Between the two of you I have been able to resolve many problems. Thank you for freely sharing your knowledge, wisdom and experience with us here. This site would be lacking without you.
SO a big THANK YOU to both of you, as I said, it is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years