OZV8 Mod to No Longer Be Made for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still getting V8s. We're still going to have a set of 2015 models in circulation. We're still probably going to end up with someone somewhere taking those models and retro-fitting them to GSC whilst also getting the cars in two other sims.

It may all be lack of professionalism behind the scenes or just general silliness but for the time being. As a racer and user of these titles I don't see how I am losing out here. I get V8s on 3 sims potentially. I get the situation is not ideal but it's not the bloody rapture either. Party A was dumb... probably. Party B may not have done a bang up job... ok. Who really cares. At some point we get V8s and on more platforms than we originally expected.

Thats all. I'll go back to the popcorn and eager spectator role again now.

Edit : And now Reiza have been very cool about using the SuperV8 Assets. Mak Corp have literally just now said that they are well on board with that and all of a sudden we get the V8s on 3 platforms. That is 300% of the V8s we were expecting. Now could everyone cool down, put the toys back in the pram and be happy about all the fun stuff going on? Awesome.

Just confirm and clarify what I had previously proposed in this thread - we have indeed extended our authorization to whoever is now in charge of producing this mod to use the SuperV8 assets in a multiplatform release in attempt to remedy the situation for the community - this however under the explicit condition the mod team publicly demonstrates in the form of in-game screenshots to have produced everything else that has been promised within this project for AC, rF2 and SCE.

In the meantime there should be a degree of skepticism about this actually coming to fruition. The issue of past form, credibility or lack thereof cannot and should not be simply ignored when the same party is making new promises. It´s up to said party to redeem their reputation with actual results, not for the community to eternally renew their vote of confidence.

With that said, the future is there to make things right and if that happens, everyone will be happy. You have the ball, go and make it happen :thumbsup:

Last edited:
And on that bombshell, I think this discussion has run its course as a GSCE topic. I will lock it for now, but RD mods are welcome to move and reopen it in another room if they deem appropriate.

&

Up front I must state that I am a big Reiza fan and have invested in their project. Love the Brazilian V8s and rate it as one of the best tin tops ever in simming.

The SuperV8 are an interesting addition and I for one was eagerly awaiting completion of the project - if I am not mistaken still missing to complete the project are: Ford Falcon, Mercedes AMG, Nissan Altima and Volvo S60.

But now this is not going to happen and I am not happy.

What concerns me is that Reiza appear to be washing their hands off this mess as if they have nothing to do with it. However I for one was inspired to invest in the Reiza Simracing Bonanza! because SuperV8s were part of the deal.

The presence of this was very much used on the launch of the crowd funding:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
New cars & tracks
Inspired by the very popular V8 series from the land down under, the 600 BHP SuperV8 series provide some of the purest racing action on the planet.

Now that we are not getting this. I am aggrieved not with the modder people that have reneged on a deal - that's all backroom stuff that I don't care about - I expected SuperV8 in GSCE from Reiza - now that it is not happening I feel Reiza is accountable.

For example if a car company eg. OMG Autos puts out a new car, and before long there are problems with the brakes supplied by ShiteBrakes Inc - no one cares that it was the brakes company who cocked up - in the end OMG Autos company chose a bad supplier and thus the onus is on them to rectify the mess, namely: replace the brakes and/or refund those affected.

So I don't see that Reiza can simply blame the losers who provided the SuperV8 mod and can simply walk away free of responsibility. Reiza made some bad calls getting into bed with the wrong crowd - that's their problem which they need to sort out and deliver on the business plan promised investors.

Therefore I want my SuperV8 mod which was among the promises made here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
The prospect of a good Aussie V8 Supercar sim contributed to me forking out $300 for the privilege of receiving this in the not too distant future.

I really don't care what happened behind the scenes and the dirty laundry that is being aired. I expect in due course a notification from Reiza to pacify me (and other investors who delivered $106,485 into their coffers) that they will (somehow) deliver a complete SuperV8 mod as promised and which enticed me to fund their project in the first place.

Afterall I was hardly inspired by the other promised mods: Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, Copa Montana and Formula V10. The raison d'être for me - the big cheese in other words - is SuperV8 and anything less will not be cool.

In closing I add that Reiza say on their Simracing Bonanza Indiegogo page:

If we meet (or exceed) the campaign funding goal, all GSCE owners will enjoy a further batch of free updates (beyond those already planned) to include the items described above [including Superv8] within 4-5 months of wrapping the campaign.

And this is what happened:
Original campaign was 124% funded on July 25, 2015

So unless Reiza can give me a good reason why this is not going to happen, I am still expecting a finished SuperV8 project in GSCE anytime between 25 November 2015 and 25 January 2016...

Paul

You've been delt some misinformation.

Reiza's deal was to make JUST the Holden, the mod was up to the mod team -- Reiza had no promises of the full series. (Show me where it says they plan to have all 5). Reiza promised the Holden in their campaign, and they delivered the Holden. Reiza had no hand in the mod.

Okay then point taken I will slither back under my rock and drive the Brazilan V8s because they are better than the SuperV8 in my book.
This thread was fun while it lasted.
Off Topic: Now for more pressing matters to the real world namely my 9 year old son's Rotax Micro Max debut this weekend and BTW he trains on GSCE karts and says he has learnt how to drive in traffic thanks to this....

i think its not a bad idea to post it here since here a lot of people discuss :D

would there be interest in a second "super v8" till the ozv8 will be released?

The out pouring of anger in this thread and others has what's now caused the turn around. Well done all. The power of the internet is almighty.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still I'll believe it when I see it.:whistling:

I'm glad I made the call and stayed away from posting in this thread yesterday when I read this thread. I probably would of got the boot from this site. I'm still pissed about the tone they had and them throwing Reiza under the bus! Basically slamming this great sim and company. And on top of all the crap those OZv8 guys did , Reiza still showed the utmost respect to everyone involved. Talk about " Class! "......Reiza shows it over and over.

I for one would of been of of the disgruntled fans on here and would of jumped on the chance to get a " non permitted " OZV8 mod for my GSCE!

I'm glad to hear that things are coming together and we'll be able to see this mod in all three sims.

I am a founding member of simracingaustralia.com.
We have been running since 2006 when Rfactor was first released and have continued on with Rfactor 2, wholly and solely these two sims.
We have 2 servers running under the simracingaustralia name.

I would like to make it known that we are in no way involved with the Sim Racing Australia named in this article over at VirtualR

http://www.virtualr.net/ozv8-gsc-ext...ject-cancelled.

We have used and still use the SRA logo in our league events.
but we have nothing to do with OZV8 or anything to do with the mentioned V8 mod.

We were using the simracingaustralia.com. website and still own the domain but we had server problems at one stage and now use this site as our main forum/ racing announcement site.

I am only posting this here as it seems that this story has ruffled a few feathers in the sim racing world, and don't want anyone that enjoys RF2 to think that we are involved and therefore stop them from checking our League out.
we are only a small league but the brown stuff sticks to a lot of things.

Even if I bet this mod will never appear in any platform you are right, title needs to be changed.

Why don't you think it will appear. The contractor is paid and confirms as much and have been very punctual with contracted work in the past. There is literally zero reason to think this wont appear.

So we have all kissed an made up :inlove:

When the mod goes public on whatever sim's does it remain free ?

Yup. So far as current information suggests.

Why was this reopened ? We've heard, what we wanted to hear, namely that OZV8 will bring the mod to SCE as well, as promised.

There is not much else to say, other than people repeating what's been said in the pages before already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back