OZV8 Mod to No Longer Be Made for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not yours to close or to decide how long it runs.:rolleyes: People feel that they have been robbed. Let them say what they want. At the end of the day, the oz mod team took money under false pretences.

It is a thread in our official forum which has been made into a news item, but still our forum so very much under our moderation as per our arrangement with Racedepartment, so you may spare the rolleye smilies :rolleyes:

There is no doubt this is an issue that needs discussing, and contributors are very much entitled to demand explanations from the owners of this project. There are no reasons why these discussions cannot take place elsewhere once it runs out of reasons to take place here.

Last edited:
:poop:

The guys running this project either have no clue or set out to swindle people from the start. Either way, karma is a b***h.

The reasons given make no sense given there hasn't been much change in the "global sim racing community" or whatever you want to call it. Since the "crowdfunding" for this none of the titles in our world have seen any sort of relevant-to-this-"mod" changes. "Mod", because in hindsight I don't think there ever was a mod.

Updates, plenty of them. However, major feature additions? No.

AC is still that hotlap sim for a lot of people, the same it was in March or whatever it was. Multiplayer is still "in need of repair" (also, if that is your reasoning, why not wait until 1.3 tomorrow? :O_o: ) AI is still "in need of repair". No real weather system, no real road rubbering, no day night cycle...

rFactor 2 is still what it was back then as well. Great physics, FFB, probably the best AI out there when it's working right. Real road was always a thing, as was the weather system - which may I add could also a gallon size bucket of polish on it, still. rF2 has been out for 3 years now and it's been the same thing the whole time. It's still pretty much league only online as well, with participation certainly within the grasp of what SCE could realistically do.

Even still, we all know SCE will receive some updates that could be pretty major in the future. Why the hell would you announce a mod funded by this community is no longer coming to the game they play at this time? Even still, there are guys who could - and probably gladly would - get it in game - you know, the game people were told it was coming to originally.

Go ahead, bring it to AC and rF2, you could still bring it to SCE. You then look even better to the community as a whole, because besides "that guy" who always complains about everything, no one will complain that people in AC or rF2 also got the OzV8 mod. (especially when it was to be free for everyone regardless :whistling: )

So it's either someone setting out to swindle people or someone entirely clueless as to the happenings in this community and totally unwilling to ask for help or even communicate... Hmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

I don't see what this has to do with Reiza at all anyways - they delivered what was communicated unless there is some private thing we don't know about stating different stuff than what was publicly said by both groups.

Glad this one tickled the spidey senses and I kept my money.

Last edited:
I just don't like the tone of the reasoning that just throws SCE under the bus. Nearly extinct game? Pfft.

The last thing simming needs is divisive crap like that.

the pcars complaint sounds like "this guy did something awful, so why can't I do something awful too?"
I'm glad I didn't see this crowdfunding campaign... I definitely would have supported it, and my money would have been wasted. I understand they're mad at Reiza, but you can't just bait and switch people and expect nobody to care. NOT cool.

I've emailed Phil in regards to how many people are displeased with this, and requesting refunds -- he basically said straight up "No." I'd advise everyone to file with IndieGoGo. I've done so, if we get enough people to complain its likely something will be done as it will convince them the project was a scam.

I have since had my pledge perks removed. I was banned from the forums for posting a reply to a thread asking for a refund, so my pledge perk has been taken from me, as well as my money. Something needs to be done and I say all of us who are upset come together to make it right.

Last edited:
If you guys haven't read it yet, this is our official comment on this situation:
OZV8 Crowd Fund Project
&
We´ll let this thread continue for another day, but this is not really a Reiza or GSCE discussion so not for us to mediate it. It will be closed soon.

Up front I must state that I am a big Reiza fan and have invested in their project. Love the Brazilian V8s and rate it as one of the best tin tops ever in simming.

The SuperV8 are an interesting addition and I for one was eagerly awaiting completion of the project - if I am not mistaken still missing to complete the project are: Ford Falcon, Mercedes AMG, Nissan Altima and Volvo S60.

But now this is not going to happen and I am not happy.

What concerns me is that Reiza appear to be washing their hands off this mess as if they have nothing to do with it. However I for one was inspired to invest in the Reiza Simracing Bonanza! because SuperV8s were part of the deal.

The presence of this was very much used on the launch of the crowd funding:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
New cars & tracks
Inspired by the very popular V8 series from the land down under, the 600 BHP SuperV8 series provide some of the purest racing action on the planet.

Now that we are not getting this. I am aggrieved not with the modder people that have reneged on a deal - that's all backroom stuff that I don't care about - I expected SuperV8 in GSCE from Reiza - now that it is not happening I feel Reiza is accountable.

For example if a car company eg. OMG Autos puts out a new car, and before long there are problems with the brakes supplied by ShiteBrakes Inc - no one cares that it was the brakes company who cocked up - in the end OMG Autos company chose a bad supplier and thus the onus is on them to rectify the mess, namely: replace the brakes and/or refund those affected.

So I don't see that Reiza can simply blame the losers who provided the SuperV8 mod and can simply walk away free of responsibility. Reiza made some bad calls getting into bed with the wrong crowd - that's their problem which they need to sort out and deliver on the business plan promised investors.

Therefore I want my SuperV8 mod which was among the promises made here https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiza-simracing-bonanza#/
The prospect of a good Aussie V8 Supercar sim contributed to me forking out $300 for the privilege of receiving this in the not too distant future.

I really don't care what happened behind the scenes and the dirty laundry that is being aired. I expect in due course a notification from Reiza to pacify me (and other investors who delivered $106,485 into their coffers) that they will (somehow) deliver a complete SuperV8 mod as promised and which enticed me to fund their project in the first place.

Afterall I was hardly inspired by the other promised mods: Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, Copa Montana and Formula V10. The raison d'être for me - the big cheese in other words - is SuperV8 and anything less will not be cool.

In closing I add that Reiza say on their Simracing Bonanza Indiegogo page:

If we meet (or exceed) the campaign funding goal, all GSCE owners will enjoy a further batch of free updates (beyond those already planned) to include the items described above [including Superv8] within 4-5 months of wrapping the campaign.

And this is what happened:
Original campaign was 124% funded on July 25, 2015

So unless Reiza can give me a good reason why this is not going to happen, I am still expecting a finished SuperV8 project in GSCE anytime between 25 November 2015 and 25 January 2016...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years